X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    If were get Jimmy, were really going all in for a shot at a ring....

But what if we do this and we end up short? Will it be worth it? There's the question I have for you guys.
    Raptors are in this to win it. They take a swing and hope. They are not content with just being good. If they fail, I can live with that as fan.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Nick Wiggins just continues to make himself look like a fool. Guess it's a Wiggins thing.

First, Stephen Jackson in his prime was a pretty damn good player. He actually averaged 15ppg in his career not 6ppg. And he was an NBA Champion.

Nick Wiggins on the other hand can't even fuckin crack an NBA roster.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    If were get Jimmy, were really going all in for a shot at a ring....

But what if we do this and we end up short? Will it be worth it? There's the question I have for you guys.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    I'm with Stephen Jackson on this one.

Can't beat the NBA for drama. Soap opera for guys, for real. I love Butler, but if half of the stuff they're saying about true about him, he's a big chemistry risk. Even so, he'd be a great fit for the Raps. Lowry and Kawhi would love him. And he'd respect our hard-working young guys. We've pretty much weeded out the softies.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Sometimes the NBA drama is better than the product. If you start googling the stuff about Jackson, Nick Wiggins and Jimmy Butler; you eventually find out about how Jimmy Butler slept with KAT's girl. Which is a reason why hes requesting out. Not confirmed though, but seems plausible given the evidence.
    Oy, the offseason can't end soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    These athletes acting like rappers now. So corny. Stephen jackson you're like 42. "We'll see each other in traffic" like some type of threat lol

And then Wiggins "I keep that energy" or whatever as they go back and forth on their social media accounts
    This aint gangsta, acting like bunch of highschool girls.

Charles Oakley was one of the last tough guy players that kept it real.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    The Wiggins bros needs to zip it. Period.

Andrew Wiggins really just posted "i keep the same energy wherever i go"

He should've added "whenever i play the Raptors and the Cavs"

Let's be honest he only plays hard against those 2 teams. And the scouting report on him since he was in Kansas was that he was a non chalant player. He's still the same guy.

And why is Nick Wiggins talkin all this shit?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post

These athletes acting like rappers now. So corny. Stephen jackson you're like 42. "We'll see each other in traffic" like some type of threat lol

And then Wiggins "I keep that energy" or whatever as they go back and forth on their social media accounts

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    I don't want Jimmy Butler if hes just sleeping with all these THOTs. Disrupting team chemistry. Reminds me of PG and Roy Hibbert all over again.

The dream is that the Wolves have to keep Jimmy and KAT wants out. Then we trade for KAT instead.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    There's no rule against a player indicating they want to be somewhere else.
    There's no rule against it but it's a shitty thing to do it in this fashion. My stand on this is kind of nuanced so bear with me.

If you want out, fine. I don't think it's professional to demand out of a contractual obligation but at least you are giving the team an opportunity to recoup some value in assets rather than leading the team on and ghosting (which is what Bosh did).

What I have a problem with is when these players leak their team choices to the media in an effort to force where they end up. It removes so much leverage from your team's hands. If you want to go somewhere specific, tell the team but keep it quiet, so they can control the process and the bids. You have control over your destiny and location when you are a free agent, not when you are already under contract.

I've always loved Jimmy Butler but this all smells pretty shitty.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Sometimes the NBA drama is better than the product. If you start googling the stuff about Jackson, Nick Wiggins and Jimmy Butler; you eventually find out about how Jimmy Butler slept with KAT's girl. Which is a reason why hes requesting out. Not confirmed though, but seems plausible given the evidence.

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Maybe this will light a fire under Wiggins. Doubt it though.
    I remember when Wiggins was a great defender in his rookie year - then it all went down hill. The only time where I see him impact the game is when hes in Toronto playing Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Which ever way Thibs handle this.. if there isnt a winning product on the floor this season, he can kiss this job goodbye.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Would Minny want say Tobias Harris and a prospect for Butler? Probably, yes.
    Would they? What if Thibs is old school like Pops and Larry Bird, and won't trade an all-star in conference? After all, Minny will want to get better, and might not want to help a rival to go from crap to contender next summer.

And if they are willing to, would they just set a stupid high price? The Clippers can't afford that. Tobias Harris is a good player, but is already 26 and doesn't really scream all-star. I just don't see what they have that the Wolves would be eager to trade with them, unless LAC is willing to give up Gilgeous-Alexander. Mostly they have a few decent veteran players, but none are that attractive as pieces. Bradley? Scott? Gallinari? Mbah a Moute? Beverley? Lou? So little to really get you excited about trading with them. And no attractive pick to throw in. This year's is already traded to Boston (lottery protected, but still already spent the asset).

So yeah, I think we'll have to see asking price and how eager Minny is to work with a team in-conference.

Honestly, if the best they can get from the Clips is Tobias + something (and that something isn't SGA), they can get comparable offers from NYK or Brooklyn and send him out of conference.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X