Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait for this to all unfold on Open Gym....doubt they show us Masai's room during the episode loll

Comment

• I'm not giddy for some reason, maybe just because we've still got a long offseason ahead and I'm focused on work/family. A few years ago I would have been over the moon and ceaselessly speculating the lineups we're going to run out.

OG off the bench or in the SL?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I'm not giddy for some reason, maybe just because we've still got a long offseason ahead and I'm focused on work/family. A few years ago I would have been over the moon and ceaselessly speculating the lineups we're going to run out.

OG off the bench or in the SL?
        I think OG and green will battle/be interchanged. I think the other 4 are locks for at least the first month of the year.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I just threw up in my mouth a little

Comment

• Rumblings of a Dennis Schroeder / Carmelo Anthony deal in the works

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Not trying to stereotype, but black Americans are stunned when they come to Toronto and see how all people are treated with respect, as just an everyday normal thing. Especially in this Trump era. Hope he gets out into the city and experiences it for himself.
              Not really a stereotype, from what I understand this is pretty true. Black people are treated much better in Toronto than they are in the US especially when compared to the south.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Comment

• Another thing, if Kawhi leaves, I hope OG at least learns a bit from him (the good things) and becomes a poor man's version of Kawhi.

Comment

• One of these things is not like the other.... TBH, most of the comments on the Spurs blog are lamenting the loss of Green, rather than anything about Kawhi.

Comment

• It'll be a really interesting press conference when Masai sits down to talk about this. The Raps front office is getting killed out there right now. Sure, sports is a business, but if they really promised Derozan he wouldn't be traded less than a week ago, that's bad juju and players will remember. Ujiri risks being branded a hypocrite for pushing the Raptors brand as all about loyalty, family, continuity. And it'll be a lot worse if he can't get Kawhi to stay.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        Another thing, if Kawhi leaves, I hope OG at least learns a bit from him (the good things) and becomes a poor man's version of Kawhi.
                        Current Kawhi and future Kawhi on the same team? Worlds colliding!

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          I know for a fact players view teams that make the Finals more highly than teams that don't. Our pitch to Giannis when he's a free agent will be to insert him into Kawhi's spot and head right back to the Finals. Sticking with this roster for another year and finishing 3rd in the East just makes us less attractive and gives the impression we will never get over the hump so avoid Toronto.
                          I agree with the first part but the real value in this deal is keeping Kawhi for other stars to play with.

It's something we've talked about for a long time... Foundational superstars attract other stars. If we had had a Kawhi, we would have had a shot at KD. Just like Harden attracted Paul and Westbrook convinced George to stay.

This is our Harden moment. We can now pitch guys like Giannis and say, join Kawhi and you have a legitimate chance at winning a championship.

Now it might have been easier to sell Kawhi on staying with DeMar, but the value of Masai's deal in securing Green (who Spurs fan say stuck up for Kawhi) and not giving up OG/Siakam, means that based on how competitive we'll be, we'll have a shot at keeping him.

I 100% believe our roster will look much better than a Lakers team that gets knocked out of the first round or a Clippers team that doesn't make the playoffs. Combine that with our holding Kawhi's Bird rights and I think we have a real chance at selling Kawhi on staying.

The question now should be thinking of the next step. If Jimmy Butler really wants out, if I'm Masai I'm considering how to either acquire him or prepare a way to do so next summer. Their may be some accretive advantages to doing so now if Kawhi wants to be on a super-competitive team. The key is opening the lines of communication and working with him to see what he really wants.

Comment

• Will be odd not having the ability to shoot contested midrange jumpers with Raptors on 2k19, I was so accustomed to this ineffective play style for the last few years, other than that, this is pretty random, interesting.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• check the world wide wob twitter feed for the latest "SMH" tweets from NBA players (Lillard and PG and a Morris so far). Oh well, it's not like they said much good about us before.

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

• Our general fan base is livid. Yes, the same fan base after every loss that would shout "trade DeRozan! Trade Lowry! Duck these choke artists! Raptors are a b league team that doesn't have a star!"
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X