X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/bwb/mission.html

I don't know why DeMar bailed at the last second but he opted out of helping some of the poorest people on earth.

Comment

http://www.nba.com/bwb/mission.html

I don't know why DeMar bailed at the last second but he opted out of helping some of the poorest people on earth.
      Fwiw DeMar's presence there or lack thereof isn't going to have much impact. The game will still happen and the revenue will still be used for whatever charitable cause it was going to be used for.

He was likely playing in the game previously as a favour to Masai. It's hard to continue to do a favour for someone who you feel has slighted you.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Fwiw DeMar's presence there or lack thereof isn't going to have much impact. The game will still happen and the revenue will still be used for whatever charitable cause it was going to be used for.

He was likely playing in the game previously as a favour to Masai. It's hard to continue to do a favour for someone who you feel has slighted you.
        He was the lead star on the World team and co-face of the event with Embiid (Team Africa), not some roster fillout (unlike the USA team camp which he is choosing to attend this weekend). Dude made a selfish call, no shame in calling it what it is.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He was doing a favor for poor kids in Africa. Masai doesn't benefit from BWB.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            He was the lead star on the World team and co-face of the event with Embiid (Team Africa), not some roster fillout (unlike the USA team camp which he is choosing to attend this weekend). Dude made a selfish call, no shame in calling it what it is.
            It's the halo effect at work.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, all of this drama is just making me anxious to watch the first Raptors-Spurs game.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Nah it's not selfish. It's a smart call on his part to not be spending time with someone who there's some pretty clear animosity with (kind of the same reason Kawhi is skipping the USA camp, which could be --- and probably is --- considered unpatriotic in the USA). DeMar was doing Masai a favour playing there as a rep from the Raptors on the world team. Maybe Lowry or Kawhi can go instead.

Comment

Nah it's not selfish. It's a smart call on his part to not be spending time with someone who there's some pretty clear animosity with (kind of the same reason Kawhi is skipping the USA camp, which could be --- and probably is --- considered unpatriotic in the USA). DeMar was doing Masai a favour playing there as a rep from the Raptors on the world team. Maybe Lowry or Kawhi can go instead.
                  Did DeMar say it was a favor to Masai and if so, how does it benefit Masai?

Comment

Your own post invalidates your first 4 words. No matter how you spin this, Demar made a decision that "benefits" only himself and has negative impacts on others (BWB, kids in Africa, all those associated with the game). Plus he was invited to represent the US and while yes, Masai's influence probably occurred to get that invite, Masai is only an ambassador to BWB, this isn't Giants of Africa, it's not his game.

Kawhi doesn't need to attend a USA camp since it isn't a game. Huge difference.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Did DeMar say it was a favor to Masai and if so, how does it benefit Masai?
                      DeMar didn't say anything, I'm just inferring that given that he was planning to go before the fallout with Masai and is now not going.

It's possible DeMar's not going because (like Kawhi) he wants to spend time getting used to his new city and team.

Comment

DeMar didn't say anything, I'm just inferring that given that he was planning to go before the fallout with Masai and is now not going.

It's possible DeMar's not going because (like Kawhi) he wants to spend time getting used to his new city and team.
                        Right, you're speculating. You don't know anything about it. Leonard gave a reason. DeRozan didn't. One was a meaningless practice and one was a charitable event to help poor children and their communities.

Comment

Right, you're speculating. You don't know anything about it. Leonard gave a reason. DeRozan didn't. One was a meaningless practice and one was a charitable event to help poor children and their communities.
                          First time ever that a Helen Lovejoy "won't somebody think of the children" meme could be used in a non-sarcastic way.

Comment

• Frankly, everyone's better off if Demar doesn't show up. Especially the kids. Learning to be a lackadaisical defender, have inefficient shot selection, and how to wilt under pressure will do them no benefit.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• But seriously, I don't fault Demar for not attending. I think that's understandable given the situation.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Frankly, everyone's better off if Demar doesn't show up. Especially the kids. Learning to be a lackadaisical defender, have inefficient shot selection, and how to wilt under pressure will do them no benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X