This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Teammates arent going to be jumping up and down for a player that quit on his last team. The Spurs of all teams too. One who also doesn't want to be here. On paper this team looks great but I'm concerned with chemistry.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You don't know what happened in SA. You said he quit. You don't know that. There was a report that SA misdiagnosed Danny Green's injury. What if they misdiagnosed Kawhi's injury as well? if he's really hurt then you can't blame him for not playing. Look what happened to Isiah Thomas.

As for chemistry, the only thing this becomes an issue is if Lowry acts like a fuckin diva in the lockeroom like he did today in front of the reporters. If that happens, then you move his ass.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      lol. Lowry is the poster child for the player who got traded to the Raptors and wanted no part of the franchise. Kyle is on record as saying he was just going to play out his time in exile here. Here's hoping Kawhi doesn't want to be here as badly as Lowry did.
      Kyle never said he wanted to be in a certain city and than was traded to the exact opposite. We also didnt have one year to sell Kyle on the city.

Kawhi doesn't seems to care about winning(left the Spurs). Doesnt care about money(gave up super max). Seems like the only thing he cares about is being home. This just seems like a rental nothing more.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Kyle never said he wanted to be in a certain city and than was traded to the exact opposite. We also didnt have one year to sell Kyle on the city.

Kawhi doesn't seems to care about winning(left the Spurs). Doesnt care about money(gave up super max). Seems like the only thing he cares about is being home. This just seems like a rental nothing more.

Rental is fine, because DeMar getting benched again multiple times in the playoffs means that we can't build with him. So, we take a home run swing with Kawhi this year and get the rebuild started earlier with more flexibility. If it doesn't work out, Kyle and Serge will be unloaded next off-season, and we're off to the races.

The strategy was sound either way, especially since we held on to OG & Pascal and the 1st round pick we gave up was basically garbage.

Comment

• You're supposed to step up like a leader, not act like a bitch Kyle

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            You don't know what happened in SA. You said he quit. You don't know that. There was a report that SA misdiagnosed Danny Green's injury. What if they misdiagnosed Kawhi's injury as well? if he's really hurt then you can't blame him for not playing. Look what happened to Isiah Thomas.

As for chemistry, the only thing this becomes an issue is if Lowry acts like a fuckin diva in the lockeroom like he did today in front of the reporters. If that happens, then you move his ass.
            He didnt even show up for playoff games. Let say he was hurt can you atleast support your teammates. I cant respect that.

I'm going to give the Spurs the benefit doubt.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Aren't you discounting the entire injury handling issue completely? My own take is this was a trust eroder/buster for him on a personal level. Danny Green had a problematic experience and then there was the Isaiah Thomas case.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                You're supposed to step up like a leader, not act like a bitch Kyle

Again, he's just trying to avoid sounding like he's bitching about DeMar, or Masai, or Kawhi. There is no functional way for him to do so without making himself the talking point. He's trying to take the pressure off everyone else, or at least that's how I read it.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nobody really knows what Kawhi wants or thinks. It's all speculation. But one thing I read and it made sense to me was that Kawhi is all about winning and loyalty. With loyalty maybe being most important.

The Spurs not trusting in his injury or what his doctors were saying was the first nail in the coffin. The second and most likely final nail was when the players had a closed door meeting to talk to him about it.. and then some stuff got to the press anyway.

There has been speculation for some time now that the Spurs front office is not as good as it used to be when Tim was there. Aldridge at one point wanted out as well. Pops had to calm him down. I think Pops was hoping for something similar with Kawhi but Kawhi had enough and said "trade me".

Now the LA stuff is apparently coming from his uncle who he trusts and is loyal to. So that's why this could be a rental. But if Toronto "wins" and Masai/Bobby/Nick treats him well and trust him when he says things.. than we may have a chance to hold on to him. If its the medical stuff.. we have a pretty awesome trainer working for our team.

Was it right of him to not sit by and watch his team in the playoffs? No, not at all.. it's a terrible look on him. But at that point he pretty much had divorce papers all signed up and and delivered to Pops office for him to review.

Comment

• Happy Friday all !

Would this trade benefit both parties?

Lowry and Ibaka

For

Dragic, Olynyk and James Johnson

Thoughts ?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Again, he's just trying to avoid sounding like he's bitching about DeMar, or Masai, or Kawhi. There is no functional way for him to do so without making himself the talking point. He's trying to take the pressure off everyone else, or at least that's how I read it.
                      Nope. He's upset that the Raptors traded his bestfriend. So he acted like a little bitch in front of the reporters.

7 days since the Raptors traded for Kawhi and Lowry hasn't even reached out to him. What a great leader. He should've reached out to him THE DAY the trade was announced.

If this continues then I want Lowry out of this team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If he really cares about loyalty, Masai is not making a very good first impression than. I just dont see him resigning.
                        planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Nobody really knows what Kawhi wants or thinks. It's all speculation. But one thing I read and it made sense to me was that Kawhi is all about winning and loyalty. With loyalty maybe being most important.

The Spurs not trusting in his injury or what his doctors were saying was the first nail in the coffin. The second and most likely final nail was when the players had a closed door meeting to talk to him about it.. and then some stuff got to the press anyway.

There has been speculation for some time now that the Spurs front office is not as good as it used to be when Tim was there. Aldridge at one point wanted out as well. Pops had to calm him down. I think Pops was hoping for something similar with Kawhi but Kawhi had enough and said "trade me".

Now the LA stuff is apparently coming from his uncle who he trusts and is loyal to. So that's why this could be a rental. But if Toronto "wins" and Masai/Bobby/Nick treats him well and trust him when he says things.. than we may have a chance to hold on to him. If its the medical stuff.. we have a pretty awesome trainer working for our team.

Was it right of him to not sit by and watch his team in the playoffs? No, not at all.. it's a terrible look on him. But at that point he pretty much had divorce papers all signed up and and delivered to Pops office for him to review.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Nope. He's upset that the Raptors traded his bestfriend. So he acted like a little bitch in front of the reporters.

7 days since the Raptors traded for Kawhi and Lowry hasn't even reached out to him. What a great leader. He should've reached out to him THE DAY the trade was announced.

If this continues then I want Lowry out of this team.
                          You just love drama so you're trying to make this into some, when it's really not.

Kyle's always, even in the best of times, been ornery with the media. He doesn't want to make life harder for a friend. Don't read too much into it.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                            Happy Friday all !

Would this trade benefit both parties?

Lowry and Ibaka

For

Dragic, Olynyk and James Johnson

Thoughts ?
                            It's a weird one.. but I sort of kind of like it. James and Kelly have player options in 2020.. so Masai may not like that in case one or both pick up their options. Feels like Masai wants nothing on his books at all for 2020. So that might not be palatable.

We get more depth at PF with Olynyk and James. Dragic is under rated good. A former all-star, all-nba guy.

Trying to figure out why Miami would do this deal though. You could argue that Lowry is better than Dragic, but he's also older. They lose some big time depth for Serge who's way past his prime.

Feels like Riley would just hang up on us to be frank.

Comment

If he really cares about loyalty, Masai is not making a very good first impression than. I just dont see him resigning.

Maybe.. but again nobody really knows how Kawhi is wired. Maybe the fact that Masai is willing to give up a guy like DeMar for him would speak loudly to him. It shows how much Masai is willing to give up for him.

Comment

• Just watched the interview with Lowry.. he was all business to be honest. Just wanted to keep it about USAB and not go into non USAB stuff. Wish he said more about the Raptors, but what are you gonna do?

I'm sure he'll have plenty to say when training camp starts.

Comment

Working...
                                X