This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    CJ is a one trick pony. Though NP is smaller he can defend and can both attack the rim and hit the open 3. Due to cap issues , however , we may lose NP. NP has a lot of potential and I would love to see him take minutes fro CJ.
    It's going to be hard to trade Powell if he can't get opportunity and take advantage of it. His contract isn't massive for a decent rotation player, but memories are short, and he was not a rotation player last year, let alone a decent one.

I would put Miles and Green as the likeliest trade pieces if Powell is still stuck out of our rotation.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      It's going to be hard to trade Powell if he can't get opportunity and take advantage of it. His contract isn't massive for a decent rotation player, but memories are short, and he was not a rotation player last year, let alone a decent one.

I would put Miles and Green as the likeliest trade pieces if Powell is still stuck out of our rotation.

The thing about Powell is there is no rush to get him unburied. For 19-20, even if they retain Kawhi, they may not be bringing back Green and Miles may opt out of his deal. So no rush to dump Powell's salary in that case even though they are in the tax. And that gives Powell a chance to play that year to be able to move him if need be for cap room in 2020. Heck, if Kawhi bolts and they have to rebuild, again Powell gets major minutes in 19-20 and can be moved for summer 2020 or 2021 if they decide they want off his salary.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        The thing about Powell is there is no rush to get him unburied. For 19-20, even if they retain Kawhi, they may not be bringing back Green and Miles may opt out of his deal. So no rush to dump Powell's salary in that case even though they are in the tax. And that gives Powell a chance to play that year to be able to move him if need be for cap room in 2020. Heck, if Kawhi bolts and they have to rebuild, again Powell gets major minutes in 19-20 and can be moved for summer 2020 or 2021 if they decide they want off his salary.
        I agree. Powell isn't a piece we need to rush to get rid of. His salary isn't exactly crippling, and we will have other pieces that are expiring or more moveable over the next season or two.

If the team does decide they need to make a salary dump, I think it will be someone else. I also think that's partly because Masai wouldn't want to add sweetener to move him like he had to with Carroll.

I mean, if Powell busts back out this year and plays great, which would bump his value back up, it probably makes more sense to keep him than trade him anyway.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Masai has never let a player on a rookie deal walk for nothing, not even Bruno. He sure as shit isn't going to start with Delon. He will be resigned at great value or traded.
          Bebe is most likely gone.. so you cannot use "never" like you did in that first sentence. Delon is a good player, and you want to maximize your asset.. but I could see a scenario where Masai does not extend Delon, let's him become a UFA, and then tries to resign him to a 1-2 year deal like he did with Fred this summer.

I still think Masai wants to maximize his cap space for 2020 and beyond even if Kawhi doesn't stick around.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Bebe is most likely gone.. so you cannot use "never" like you did in that first sentence. Delon is a good player, and you want to maximize your asset.. but I could see a scenario where Masai does not extend Delon, let's him become a UFA, and then tries to resign him to a 1-2 year deal like he did with Fred this summer.

I still think Masai wants to maximize his cap space for 2020 and beyond even if Kawhi doesn't stick around.
            RFA. He won't be letting Delon go to UFA by not extending a QO like with Bebe.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              Kind of concerning that so many people are operating under the assumption that Kawhi will re-sign (which is unlikely).
              I'm preparing for a full rebuild.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                I'm preparing to enjoy the season, and thanking my lucky stars I don't live in New York, Vancouver, Portland or any one of a number of NBA (and ex-NBA) cities where fans are crying. Best four years of Raptor results and another fantastic year coming up.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  I'm preparing to enjoy the season, and thanking my lucky stars I don't live in New York, Vancouver, Portland or any one of a number of NBA (and ex-NBA) cities where fans are crying. Best four years of Raptor results and another fantastic year coming up.
                  We’re raptors fans here in Vancouver too. One day we’ll get a team back.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Kind of concerning that so many people are operating under the assumption that Kawhi will re-sign (which is unlikely).

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      We’re raptors fans here in Vancouver too. One day we’ll get a team back.
                      I don't doubt it. You deserve a team...but you'll still like the Raptors, won't you????

Comment

I don't doubt it. You deserve a team...but you'll still like the Raptors, won't you????
                        I have thought about this a lot. I only became a serious basketball fan maybe 6-7 years ago and being in Canada the team to watch was Toronto. I think Toronto will always be my team but if Vancouver ever gets a team back I’ll be throwing my full support behind them.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                          In the August before our most exciting season, best team in franchise history upcoming?

Man, that's next level depressing
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            In the August before our most exciting season, best team in franchise history upcoming?

Yeah that's a step further than what I was suggesting. I was just saying people shouldn't set themselves up for major disappointment by expecting Kawhi to re-sign. As far as this season goes though, I'm very excited to see how good we can be.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah, but he'll be over the moon when Kawhi signs with re Raptors for five years.

Comment

Hey, who said we're crying? I think you mistook my my comment for negativity.

I'm excited for the season -- it'll be my second full season covering the team as part of the media, and I will be in Vancouver for the first pre-season game and training camp covering it.

I'd personally love a rebuild after years of failing to do so prior to Ujiri coming on board. It's time this franchise is run properly and shows the league and the world that it can be successful winning games, and drafting good players.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X