• Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Pick the name that doesn’t fit

Micheal The Goat Jordan
    Alan The Answer Iverson
    Kobe The Black Mamba Bryant

Devin Mr 70 Booker

You mentioned it's a little less harder to score 70 if you're the only one taking all the shots. I gave you names of players who took a lot of shots in their prime - MUCH more than Booker. Only ONE of them has scored more than 70+ in a game, and he only did it once. I'm sure Raptors fans are aware who that is.

As for your question, obviously Booker's name doesn't fit(yet). He's a 21 year old player, and the other are all legends. How good was Kobe and all those other guys when they were 21? were they as good as Booker as now?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      You mentioned it's a little less harder to score 70 if you're the only one taking all the shots. I gave you names of players who took a lot of shots in their prime - MUCH more than Booker. Only ONE of them has scored more than 70+ in a game, and he only did it once. I'm sure Raptors fans are aware who that is.

As for your question, obviously Booker's name doesn't fit(yet). He's a 21 year old player, and the other are all legends. How good was Kobe and all those other guys when they were 21? were they as good as Booker as now?
      Yes.
      Better actually.
      He isn't a stiff like Ross or Winslow or Caldwell Pope.
      Booker is a nice player. He will likely always be a nice player. But not more than that.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        Yes.
        Better actually.
        He isn't a stiff like Ross or Winslow or Caldwell Pope.
        Booker is a nice player. He will likely always be a nice player. But not more than that.
        Jordan and Iverson at 21 were obviously better players than Booker. Kobe and T-Mac? nope.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• In his 21st year Kobe
          - played on a team that won 67 games
          - was voted all NBA
          - was voted to the all NBA defensive team
          - won a championship...

MCrady in his 21st year
          - voted to the All-Star Game
          - voted to the All-NBA Team
          - voted the league's Most Improved Player.

I guess theres that....

and what of Mr. 70 ... ?
          - won the all star game 3 point shootout but wasn't voted to the all star team.
          - scored a lot of points in losses
          - led his team to the worst record in the NBA

Hes still a nice player.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Wait, you're really blaming Shapiro for this mess? what is he suppose to do?

Were you on the re-sign Price, EE, Joey Bats bandwagon? thank god he didn't bring those 3 back.

When Anthopolous made all those trades for Dickey and Buehrle and Tulo and Price etc.. years ago, everyone knew this would happen.

Shapiro is the architect behind the Cleveland Indians who's a perennial contender. He knows how to build a contending team without gutting out his prospect pool. The Jays i think are in great hands.
            Thoughts on josh Donaldson to Cleveland?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
              Thoughts on josh Donaldson to Cleveland?
              My thoughts is, don't expect much in return. Donaldson's value is pretty much close to zero. Dude has been injured for 2 years now.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Comment

• Luol Deng had been waived/ stretched by the Lakers, making him a free agent.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Lol. At one point the Suns had Bledsoe + IT & Dragic, who both went on to make all-star teams and now they're looking for a point guard? They kept Bledsoe, who famously tweeted "Don't Wanna Be Here" and then they had to fire sale him for Greg Monroe and some crappy heavily protected picks. At what point does Sarver finally stop trusting the process?

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      Luol Deng had been waived/ stretched by the Lakers, making him a free agent.

Damn getting payed $30 million dollars for 2 years just to go away.

I would invite Deng to training camp, see if the guy has anything left in the tank.

Comment

• I really hope Deng signs with Minnesota. It would be hilarious
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• People think Rozier is good? All I remember is him bricking every 3 when it mattered.

Comment

• 14 more days before at least some of the Raptors are expected to report for early pre-training camp workouts. Kawhi and JV have been mentioned specifically in credible media reports. You know how it goes with this stuff. I'd be surprised if Fred, Siakim, Norm and Wright don't also show up. JV in particular was asked to show up for conditioning work, which is good news. Possibly Nurse doesn't want to see him getting out of breath after just 22 minutes. Maybe Nurse anticipates using JV for 25 minutes a game, or more.

At least the wait for real basketball news is down to manageable levels. And there is still FIBA games coming up for both the men and women. The women's team looks to have all hands on deck. It would be nice if the men's team could ever get to the same happy situation.

Comment

• Is there any way to get Luol Deng on this team?

Comment

• No thanks to Deng. He was terrible on the Heat, then he got paid to do nothing on the Lakers. Hes broken good at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X