This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Everyone starting to get antsy with the offseason now.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Everyone starting to get antsy with the offseason now.
        No, you shut up!
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Signs season is getting close:

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            No, you shut up!
            YOU'RE NOT THe BOSS OF ME

Comment

• Fuck yeah! Just bought tickets for raps vs celtics. 2nd game of the season. Can't fucking wait.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm going to be miserable when the snow is falling and my car gets stuck somewhere. But I can't wait for it this time around.

Only 3 weeks from the first preseason game.

Comment

• I know we’re all getting antsy, but we can still savour the off-season a bit longer. Did this really happen?

Comment

• Not to stir the pot against Leaf fans, but while Tavares is an amazing get and probably the best free agent they’ve ever acquired, let’s be honest, he’s not as elite as Kawhi. Anyone disagree? Don’t get me wrong. Great player. NBA is a superstar league though and we got ourselves a player who at his best is a bonafide superstar.

That said, real nice that Tavares signed here of his own volition. Hopefully Kawhi does the same next year, after we obliterate all comers this season.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                      Not to stir the pot against Leaf fans, but while Tavares is an amazing get and probably the best free agent they’ve ever acquired, let’s be honest, he’s not as elite as Kawhi. Anyone disagree? Don’t get me wrong. Great player. NBA is a superstar league though and we got ourselves a player who at his best is a bonafide superstar.

That said, real nice that Tavares signed here of his own volition. Hopefully Kawhi does the same next year, after we obliterate all comers this season.
                      I agree, the Tavares signing and Kawhi trade are not comparable gets. However Tavares is guaranteed for more than 1 year so enjoy them both for as long as you can

Comment

• ^Both fair points.

Now the two of you fight to the death for our entertainment.

Comment

• Tavares being not comparable to Kawhi is true, but also just a reality of the sports they play. There is no player in the NHL comparable in importance to Kawhi or other NBA superstars. Even Crosby or McDavid pale in impact just due to the realities of the game.

I don't think there's a need to compare across sports. But if we do, we should also consider how far ahead the NBA is on player movement. It's incredibly rare in the NHL for a superstar (even an UFA) to switch teams, so the Tavares get is still a huge win on the scale of most NHL moves.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            ^Both fair points.

Now the two of you fight to the death for our entertainment.
                            Better be some celebrity 3 on 3 during the intermission. We need basketball.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Tavares being not comparable to Kawhi is true, but also just a reality of the sports they play. There is no player in the NHL comparable in importance to Kawhi or other NBA superstars. Even Crosby or McDavid pale in impact just due to the realities of the game.

I don't think there's a need to compare across sports. But if we do, we should also consider how far ahead the NBA is on player movement. It's incredibly rare in the NHL for a superstar (even an UFA) to switch teams, so the Tavares get is still a huge win on the scale of most NHL moves.
                              This is sports ethnocentrism at its apex.
                              Broaden your lens Dan.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• I had a great dream last night.

Leafs and Raptors won rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X