This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Lowry's not being traded. Masai's not as cold blooded as Danny Ainge is.
    Not sure about that. This is the same guy that signed Nene (not as good of a player as Lowry but he was a big fan favourite in Denver) to a big new contract then dealt him the following season.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of Masai trading Lowry, but I think that could only happen if he performs very poorly in the playoffs.

Comment

• Can't see Lowry being traded for anyone who is not a star player

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        Not sure about that. This is the same guy that signed Nene (not as good of a player as Lowry but he was a big fan favourite in Denver) to a big new contract then dealt him the following season.

Wouldn't rule out the possibility of Masai trading Lowry, but I think that could only happen if he performs very poorly in the playoffs.
        Lowry isn't just a fan favourite.. he's part of the heart and soul of this team. I just don't see him trading him unless we go into the tank. And that's not going to happen this summer no matter what happens this playoffs. You don't dismantle a potential 60 win team when you don't have to.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Can't see Lowry being traded for anyone who is not a star player
          It's rarely star for star player trade. If Lowry gets traded it'll be for a collection of role players
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            It's rarely star for star player trade. If Lowry gets traded it'll be for a collection of role players
            Which is why I can't see them trading him. The team is too good to throw in the towel.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Which is why I can't see them trading him. The team is too good to throw in the towel.
              The Raptors will simply increase the bench role next season while Lowry & Ibaka will play less minutes.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                The Raptors will simply increase the bench role next season while Lowry & Ibaka will play less minutes.
                But the most important bench player is FVV and they need to re-sign him. But they don't have much cap space unless they move somebody. I am guessing that the person moved is Ibaka. Unless they can move Norm but who will want him when he makes 9 big ones? Or maybe they move CJ and his $8M deal?

Comment

• wayner wrote: View Post
                  But the most important bench player is FVV and they need to re-sign him. But they don't have much cap space unless they move somebody. I am guessing that the person moved is Ibaka. Unless they can move Norm but who will want him when he makes 9 big ones? Or maybe they move CJ and his $8M deal?
                  worst case we choose delon and stick with that.

Comment

• wayner wrote: View Post
                    Ibaka makes too much.

Either CJ, Norm or JV will be gone.

Comment

Ibaka makes too much.

Either CJ, Norm or JV will be gone.
                      You keep CJ and you Keep JV... They either eat the salary for a year or two or they trade norm.

JV is too important rebounding wise... They will keep JV through the end of his contract.... then Jakob takes over..

BEBE will be gone... but we dont need him.. he is a luxury. We also have no picks coming in this year which is kind of nice cause we can focus on developing our current guys.

Comment

• I would like at least a high 2nd rounder for Norm or CJ, if you do need to trade them.

Comment

• Nigel Hayes had 7 points and 9 rebounds in 19 minutes. Did Masai blew it?!

Comment

Nigel Hayes had 7 points and 9 rebounds in 19 minutes. Did Masai blew it?!
                            How is giving someone two 10 day contracts (indicating that you think they're good and have potential) and them turning out to be good and having potential a sign that Masai made a mistake?

If anything, doesn't that confirm his assessment of the kid?

His G League rights were held by the Knicks, so they couldn't send him down to get minutes until minutes freed up. You can't keep everyone.

Comment

• Only time will tell.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                How is giving someone two 10 day contracts (indicating that you think they're good and have potential) and them turning out to be good and having potential a sign that Masai made a mistake?

If anything, doesn't that confirm his assessment of the kid?

His G League rights were held by the Knicks, so they couldn't send him down to get minutes until minutes freed up. You can't keep everyone.
                                Huh? They DID send him down to get minutes, while he was on the 10-day contracts. He played for the 905. If they had signed him to a rest-of-season contract, they could also have sent him down to the 905.

I think they decided they wanted to convert one of their 2-ways (hopefully Miller) at the end of the year instead, hence the catch and release.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X