Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lmao some of y'all beliefs in this core is down right inspiring. I wish I believed in something as much as y'all in them.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Comparing this team to Jordan's Bulls is peak insanity.

Maybe it's time to examine your cognitive biases, Dan, because this is the craziest example of anchoring I've ever seen.

The Bulls had a player who was already exhibiting evidence that he might be the GOAT after six seasons. Larry Bird called him God disguised as Michael Jordan. He had won an MVP and had one of the most dominant seasons of all time when he won the scoring title AND DPOY in 87-88. He was 26 when he pushed the Pistons to 7 games.

If we had a player like Michael Jordan, no one here would be arguing about this team's ceiling.

One of our stars was benched for the fourth quarter. Our other star turns 33 before the next playoffs. And we still haven't won a game against our chief rival in 2 years.

Close enough only matters in horseshoes and hand grenades. Not being able to win at home against a struggling, tired Cavs team shows that we aren't even close to overcoming this obstacle.

Tanking isn't a one-year solution. It's a multi-year effort. And the longer we wait to rip off the bandaid the longer we are delaying the inevitable. It's also raising the odds that we lose what middling assets we have for nothing.

But again, it doesn't really matter because Masai has put us in a position where we have limited options to tear it down even if we wanted to. And I guess if we are going to maintain the fiction that he has a strategy, we have to rationalize our current situation.
      I think I was pretty clear that I was not comparing the team to Jordan's Bulls, but questioning how I could be expected to counter the logic of "if, if, if."

Just because a team has failed does not mean it cannot succeed. That's all I was saying.

We're not even close to overcoming this obstacle? We are two baskets away from being up 2-1. Not even close?

Man alive. I thought this team would be the frustrating part of this playoff run but you guys are taking the cake.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This thread is depressing already. I was not prepared for an off-season full of tank talk. Looks like that's exactly what I'm gonna get.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Which team have we had that was better in the playoffs, exactly?
          We haven't had any good team in the playoffs, lol. That's my point. Strip away all the excuses, and this team is no different than any previous team in the #WeTheNorth era.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            This thread is depressing already. I was not prepared for an off-season full of tank talk. Looks like that's exactly what I'm gonna get.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              We haven't had any good team in the playoffs, lol. That's my point. Strip away all the excuses, and this team is no different than any previous team in the #WeTheNorth era.
              This current team sweeps last year Bucks, sweeps 2016 Heat, beats 2016 Pacers in 5. This team is different. We separated ourselves more from other Eastern team but Lebron is still on top unfortunately.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This point of view just makes me think you've forgotten those other teams.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  This current team sweeps last year Bucks, sweeps 2016 Heat, beats 2016 Pacers in 5. This team is different. We separated ourselves more from other Eastern team but Lebron is still on top unfortunately.
                  We might've hit a few more 3s than previous years' playoffs, but that's about it. I'm just not falling for the charade anymore.

Top 5 offense. Top 5 defense. Most wins in franchise history. Healthy roster with limited minutes played. Blah, blah, blah.

Same LeBron-fearing players, unfortunately.

Comment

This point of view just makes me think you've forgotten those other teams.
                    I remember them far too clearly for my own liking.

Comment

I remember them far too clearly for my own liking.
                      If you think those teams were capable of keeping games close and giving themselves a shot to win against LeBron like this team is, I don't think your memory is as clear as you think.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If you think those teams were capable of keeping games close and giving themselves a shot to win against LeBron like this team is, I don't think your memory is as clear as you think.
                        I mean, we pushed those clowns to 6 games two years ago (before we had time to build up the fear). On paper, that Raptor squad was worse than today's squad. And that Cavs squad was better than today's squad. What do we have to show for it since then? 2 sweeps.

Regardless of how much you want to believe otherwise, there is nothing special about the 2017-18 Raptors. Sorry Dan.

Comment

I mean, we pushed those clowns to 6 games two years ago (before we had time to build up the fear). On paper, that Raptor squad was worse than today's squad. And that Cavs squad was better than today's squad. What do we have to show for it since then? 2 sweeps.

Regardless of how much you want to believe otherwise, there is nothing special about the 2017-18 Raptors. Sorry Dan.
                          See, if you think that 6 game series had anything to do with us "pushing" them there, I know for sure you don't remember those teams very well.

This series is infinitely closer than that one was. The Cavs let off the gas in the two road games, then returned to crushing us when they deemed it necessary.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scola's on record saying that Cleveland flat-out wasn't trying the two games they lost.
                            Last edited by JimiCliff; Mon May 7, 2018, 12:00 PM.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

See, if you think that 6 game series had anything to do with us "pushing" them there, I know for sure you don't remember those teams very well.

This series is infinitely closer than that one was. The Cavs let off the gas in the two road games, then returned to crushing us when they deemed it necessary.
                              I'll never forget LeBron walking to the locker room after game 4. He's got an angry but purposeful walk, and he looks at the camera and scowls and kinda says "nah" and shakes his head. It's a look that said a thousand words. Basically "these guys are annoying now. I'm going to crush them Now, always."

He's proceeded to win 9 straight playoff games against us.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Ya, we got blown for the majority of that series. I remember it clearly. But the point remains, we won 2 games. Whether Cavs took their foot off the gas or not, is anyone's guess.

The only thing that isn't up for debate is that we won 2 games....something we haven't done since.

Comment

Working...
                                X