• Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Why? How can you hate on the spurs lol
    I hate their fans and knowing that they are suffering makes me smile
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

How many teams have a good chance of winning a championship?
      Two: cavs and warriors. Cavs because they have LeBron.

Jury is still out on the rockets. Let's see how they do against the warriors.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Interesting developments in San Antonio. Makes you consider that maybe certain players there contributed more to the famous Spurs culture than they got credit for.....
        Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, new age players are too soft and coddled to play for Pop

Comment

Precisely.

There's also only been one team capable of coming out of the East for 8 years.

Tanking would not have helped us get into that slot.
          It could have helped prepare us for when LeBron falls off. Right now the next wave of talent is on Boston and Philly.

Anyways it doesn't really matter at this point. Unless Masai magically gets a star, we're five years away from contending, given that the next two years will probably be treading water and it'll take three more years to restock the cupboards with assets. Assuming we don't try to patch the problems with half-measures like Jermaine O'Neal and Hedo Turkoglu--I mean DeMarre Carroll and Serge Ibaka.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, new age players are too soft and coddled to play for Pop
            Did anyone even read that article?

Aldridge and Gregg Popovich were able to mend their issues and he signed an extension before the start of the season.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              It could have helped prepare us for when LeBron falls off. Right now the next wave of talent is on Boston and Philly.

Anyways it doesn't really matter at this point. Unless Masai magically gets a star, we're five years away from contending, given that the next two years will probably be treading water and it'll take three more years to restock the cupboards with assets. Assuming we don't try to patch the problems with half-measures like Jermaine O'Neal and Hedo Turkoglu--I mean DeMarre Carroll and Serge Ibaka.
              Ah the old "I can see the next 5 years" post. I encourage you to look at the league landscape in 2012-2013.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

It would be longer than 5 years I would imagine. Unless those restocked cupboards can land you a superstar and a star via trade, it will take longer than 5 years to even get back to where we are now.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  It would be longer than 5 years I would imagine. Unless those restocked cupboards can land you a superstar and a star via trade, it will take longer than 5 years to even get back to where we are now.
                  Ah the old "i can see even further than 5 years" post.

Lol

Comment

Ah the old "i can see even further than 5 years" post.

Lol
                    thats a common one is it? Took Philly 5 years to get where they are, and that wasn't starting with what the raps have now, and they aren't even contenders yet. And they whiffed on alot of picks along the way. You wanna roll with what we got for the next two seasons, and then start a tank and think we may be able to contend within 3 years after that, yeah sure. Even if you land a superstar, gonna take a few more seasons for that player to become great and to put the right pieces around him.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Two: cavs and warriors. Cavs because they have LeBron.

Jury is still out on the rockets. Let's see how they do against the warriors.
                      Not even. There is 1. Lebron is Lebron, but KD and Curry aren't half bad. They have way too much firepower and starpower for Lebron to handle. Lebron may be the best player in the league, but KD is second and Curry is up there as well.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Right now 3 (Cleveland by virtue of having LeBron, Golden State and Houston). In the long-term I think there are more teams than that, and two of them play in our conference (Philly and Boston). For those guys you can at least see a path, for us I don't see it at all.

Do I need to point out to some of you guys that the Cavs have actually gotten worse? The year we took 2 games off them was actually the best rendition of the Cavs we've played. We've since been swept by increasingly weaker Cavaliers squads. We're making absolutely zero progress, if not negative. We fucking did better against them playing iso-ball with LUIS FUCKING SCOLA in the starting lineup.

And some of you are still out here fucking dreaming that we're a title contender. WAKE UP!
                        We played better against the Cav's with a veteran squad. We relied heavily on young players this year.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Not even. There is 1. Lebron is Lebron, but KD and Curry aren't half bad. They have way too much firepower and starpower for Lebron to handle. Lebron may be the best player in the league, but KD is second and Curry is up there as well.
                          Yep provides curry stays healthy they aren't losing this year

Comment

• Hit up Phoenix. They haven't made the playoffs since what, 2010? Lowry and Ibaka for Dudley and Chandler's expirings, Marqueese Chriss, about 3M of filler salary and the Heat pick. If they get Doncic or whoever that's a playoff team probably with Lowry-Booker-Doncic-Ibaka-Len

Then trade DeRozan to Minnesota for Andrew Wiggins and a 1st.

That gives us two picks in this draft (albeit mid-late) and a nice group of young guys to work with.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                              Right now 3 (Cleveland by virtue of having LeBron, Golden State and Houston). In the long-term I think there are more teams than that, and two of them play in our conference (Philly and Boston). For those guys you can at least see a path, for us I don't see it at all.

Do I need to point out to some of you guys that the Cavs have actually gotten worse? The year we took 2 games off them was actually the best rendition of the Cavs we've played. We've since been swept by increasingly weaker Cavaliers squads. We're making absolutely zero progress, if not negative. We fucking did better against them playing iso-ball with LUIS FUCKING SCOLA in the starting lineup.

And some of you are still out here fucking dreaming that we're a title contender. WAKE UP!
                              Wait, what fantasy world are you living in that we played better against the Cavs in the 15-16 season?

We got demolished in that series, two wins aside. It was over before it began. This series, even in a sweep, was dramatically closer than that series.

Like, I don't really like that the Raptors came out with a talking point that this 4-0 sweep was us closing the gap from last year's 4-0 sweep, but it's absolutely true nonetheless. This sweep was a far tighter series than either of the two previous Cavs series. Which doesn't mean we are in a good place - just that we're in a better place than before. Anyone pining for the 15-16 team wasn't paying attention.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Wait, what fantasy world are you living in that we played better against the Cavs in the 15-16 season?

We got demolished in that series, two wins aside. It was over before it began. This series, even in a sweep, was dramatically closer than that series.

Like, I don't really like that the Raptors came out with a talking point that this 4-0 sweep was us closing the gap from last year's 4-0 sweep, but it's absolutely true nonetheless. This sweep was a far tighter series than either of the two previous Cavs series. Which doesn't mean we are in a good place - just that we're in a better place than before. Anyone pining for the 15-16 team wasn't paying attention.
                                That's great. Maybe we'll finally win a series against them by 2040 with all the incremental progress.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X