Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we’re trading a key core piece (Lowry, DD, JV, OG), it should only be for a chance at a superstar.

Whether that’s pitching an offer for Kawhi (does DD+OG get it done?).

Or swinging for the fences and trading for a young player with superstar potential (DD for Ingram+Kuz?).

Outside of those situations I’m thoroughly against trading one of those four for the sake of a change.

Comment

• Also, seeing as were getting a new coach, I’d be very annoyed to see JV traded just for the sake of seeing what he could do under different coaching

Comment

• Welp, there it is. Good luck to Dwane Casey. I hope he finds a great job and has a lot of success. Best coach Raps ever had.

EDIT: But it had to be done. No way he could survive two sweeps in a row against the Cavs. Reminds me of the Rick Carlisle firing in Detroit years ago that no one could understand but it made sense to the organization at the time.

Comment

• Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            If we’re trading a key core piece (Lowry, DD, JV, OG), it should only be for a chance at a superstar.

Or swinging for the fences and trading for a young player with superstar potential (DD for Ingram+Kuz?).

Outside of those situations I’m thoroughly against trading one of those four for the sake of a change.
            Kawhi would be huge, but I'd love to be able to keep OG & Siakam. A team with OG/Kawhi/Siakam/JV in the starting 4 has significant potential for now + the near future.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If we’re trading a key core piece (Lowry, DD, JV, OG), it should only be for a chance at a superstar.

I think they trade an older core piece....that was an epic bedshitting and its not all on the coach. One of DD / KL / JV are in play.
                If JV goes its for an expiring and futures.
                If DD or Kyle go its for help on the wing.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Yep. Lowry and Ibaka and JV won't have the value for that sort of thing.

So it's essentially trading DD+ for an established star, or trading DD for potential (like the Wiggins + picks deal). Going the second way holds no guarantees, but with DeMar's somewhat spotty contributions, might not hurt too much short term while extending the window and possibly raising the long term ceiling.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wholy shit! Casey was fired?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Wholy shit! Casey was fired?
                      Yup and we found alien life too

Comment

if you got ingram would you play him at the 2?? and play OG at the 3?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Yup and we found alien life too
                          Sam Cassell is our new coach? Could be worse I guess.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Sam Cassell is our new coach? Could be worse I guess.
                            I chuckled.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

I'm having such a hard time keeping up with the hot takes. Going back a bit I've gathered all of this from Twitter re: the Raptors:

- Masai is a great GM, one of the best in the league. Built a young, talented, deep roster that wins a lot.
                              - The Raptors suck and collapsed again. Hahahahahahah #LeBronto
                              - Dwane Casey is a magician who integrated youth with experienced players, developed everybody, and made the team better every year.
                              - The Raptors core players actually suck.
                              - The Raptors have a deep, talented, 59 win team that finally modernized its offence, plays top 5 defence, and has a great shot at the Finals.
                              - The Raptors definitely suck, they got swept again.
                              - Dwane Casey is good at some things but prone to stuff like drawing up the most important play of the season on the wrong side of the court.
                              - Dwane Casey was thoroughly outcoached by Ty Lue (lol) in that Cavs series
                              - OMG WTF DWANE CASEY WAS FIRED?! Talk about scapegoat - we all know the Raptors core actually sucks.
                              - Masai Ujiri created a shite situation with that there Toronto roster had to fire his coach because he can't trade any of his crappy players.

Does that about sum it up so far?
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X