Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeez, Raptors, could you please mic up reporters one day ffs...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Jeez, Raptors, could you please mic up reporters one day ffs...
      I don’t understand. This mistake alone drops us from 5 star organization to 3 star organization.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

One thing people are forgetting is that one reason the cap sheet/draft pick situation is the way it is, is because Masai had to keep burning assets to get Casey the guys he wanted, year-after-year (e.g. Joseph, Carroll, PJ, Ibaka,...).

Yes. That is still Masai's fault for listening to Casey and then having to correct those mistakes - but Casey had a huge impact on roster construction and drafting for the old Ride & Die system (e.g. no shooters).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          One thing people are forgetting is that one reason the cap sheet/draft pick situation is the way it is, is because Masai had to keep burning assets to get Casey the guys he wanted, year-after-year (e.g. Joseph, Carroll, PJ, Ibaka,...).

Yes. That is still Masai's fault for listening to Casey and then having to correct those mistakes - but Casey had a huge impact on roster construction and drafting for the old Ride & Die system (e.g. no shooters).
          Wait, so you're claiming that these moves by Masai were made because Casey wanted those players so he had to listen and go out and get them? You really don't think Masai makes the decisions on the players he wants?

Are we really going to give Casey all the crap for the few bad roster moves Masai made as well as he's on his way out?
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            I'm having such a hard time keeping up with the hot takes. Going back a bit I've gathered all of this from Twitter re: the Raptors:

- Masai is a great GM, one of the best in the league. Built a young, talented, deep roster that wins a lot.
            - The Raptors suck and collapsed again. Hahahahahahah #LeBronto
            - Dwane Casey is a magician who integrated youth with experienced players, developed everybody, and made the team better every year.
            - The Raptors core players actually suck.
            - The Raptors have a deep, talented, 59 win team that finally modernized its offence, plays top 5 defence, and has a great shot at the Finals.
            - The Raptors definitely suck, they got swept again.
            - Dwane Casey is good at some things but prone to stuff like drawing up the most important play of the season on the wrong side of the court.
            - Dwane Casey was thoroughly outcoached by Ty Lue (lol) in that Cavs series
            - OMG WTF DWANE CASEY WAS FIRED?! Talk about scapegoat - we all know the Raptors core actually sucks.
            - Masai Ujiri created a shite situation with that there Toronto roster had to fire his coach because he can't trade any of his crappy players.

Does that about sum it up so far?
            A thousand different voices have a thousand different opinions.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              if you got ingram would you play him at the 2?? and play OG at the 3?
              I mean it’s kinda positionless basketball at this point

Have Ingram be more of the ball carrier/play maker out of the two offensively (I guess that makes him the 2)

And have OG guard the better offensive player on the other end, whether it’s a 2 or a 3.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                Wait, so you're claiming that these moves by Masai were made because Casey wanted those players so he had to listen and go out and get them? You really don't think Masai makes the decisions on the players he wants?

Are we really going to give Casey all the crap for the few bad roster moves Masai made as well as he's on his way out?
                Yeah, hard to say that Casey forced Masai's hand. Maybe Masai/Casey had conversations which identified the type of player that would be coveted, but they're ultimately Masai's decisions.

Comment

• How quickly things can change.

2 weeks ago: Raps in 6

Today: Casey's dead, and DeRozan eats babies.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    How quickly things can change.

2 weeks ago: Raps in 6

Today: Casey's dead, and DeRozan eats babies.
                    If only Indiana beat Cleveland...

Lebron leaving Cleveland

Toronto vs Boston starting Sunday

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, hard to say that Casey forced Masai's hand. Maybe Masai/Casey had conversations which identified the type of player that would be coveted, but they're ultimately Masai's decisions.
                      Any coach that's been around that long with one team has significant influence on the roster and playing style. How could they not?

Comment

• Indy took CLE hard in 7

Raps whimpered in 4.

Casey had some bad moments but man Demar needs to go -- he's a black anchor holding the Raps back, his style of play really does not fit this team and its a very bad fit -- move him asap if the Raps truly want to take the next step.

Comment

Any coach that's been around that long with one team has significant influence on the roster and playing style. How could they not?
                          I don't disagree. But Masai could've vetoed any move if he chose to.

Comment

• Casey being fired, I feel, is only the first domino to fall. Personally other than the young guys(mainly OG), I think anyone on this roster could be gone. Personally, I would like to see them shop Lowry, Ibaka and one of JV/Poetl.

I know Derozan is flawed, but it would be nice to see him work with another coach. Additionally he has always been heralded as a work horse, which would be a great influence to the young guys. Who knows he could come back next year with a better 3 point shot, and actually play defence (he has surprised us each year).

I don't know if I would try to get a PG back though. I think we could just try to go after wings and have either FVV or Delon start (depending on the matchup) and try to just load up with position-less wing roles. Preferably ones that could play D as well.

I know it's been mentioned but if Kawhi could be got for a combination of Ibaka, JV, Poetl, or Powell that would be huge. Add to that Lowry for Wiggins and we could have a very interesting core.

FVV, Wright
                            Demar, Wiggins, OG, Kawhi, Siakam
                            Either Poetl or JV as a big

obviously you would need to fill out role players, but in the right context I think that line up could be dangerous. Multiple scoring threats, Multiple defensive first guys, and a true big for when the need arises.

Comment

Influence is one thing, but saying the cap sheet is because of Casey is like saying the President's mistakes should be blamed on the Secretary of State.

Besides, JV has been one of our more difficult contracts to move and he's clearly not a Casey guy.

Comment

• So I guess its likely that the whole coaching staff is let go right?

Comment

Working...
                                X