This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    Great advice, someone get this guy some connections to Masai.
    I just texted him....Casey not returning my calls any longer

Comment

• Kind of a funky trade scenario, but this could help both teams out.

Toronto trades:
      DeMar Derozan
      Jacob Poeltl
      2019 first round pick

San Antonio trades:
      Kawhi Leonard
      Pau Gasol

This gets us the superstar talent we need. Pretty obvious why we make the trade, and we get to add Kawhi while keeping Og and Pascal.

Gets the spurs a star back for Kawhi. They also get back a key prospect at a position where they don’t have any (David Bertans (25) and Lauvergne (26) are the only centres on the roster outside of Gasol, and neither has too high of a potential).
      They get back a first rounder, which’ll probably land in the 20’s, but the Spurs have shown they’re capable of landing key pieces late. (We’d have to pull off the trade after the draft in order to trade that pick).
      They also get out from Pau’s deal, which owes him 16M per for the next 2 years. Assuming Danny Green opts in and Lauvergne and Rudy Gay opt out of their last years on their deals, this would leave the Spurs with 83.8M on their books. That leaves them with 25M in cap space on top of a core of Murray/DeMar/Aldridge. Dumping Green lets them make a hard run at Lebron.

Comment

• http://chumam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-8032?smc=11

TSN Radio Masai Interview
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Thanks for the link.

Hayes asked some tough questions, and Masai dodged a lot of them. But the sense I got is that Masai isn't just going to sit on his hands this summer and that some roster moves will be made (if he can make them).

Comment

• Woj

Masai had a deal in Toronto. I remember Masai was working with Oklahoma City on a possible trade. I think Oklahoma was at 10 that year and they took Steven Adams. Ten or 11 or 12, somewhere in there. And once Adams made it to the Thunder, there was no trade. But I think if Adams had gotten taken ahead of them, Oklahoma City may have traded out of there, and Toronto would’ve gotten (Giannis).

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              Kind of a funky trade scenario, but this could help both teams out.

Toronto trades:
              DeMar Derozan
              Jacob Poeltl
              2019 first round pick

San Antonio trades:
              Kawhi Leonard
              Pau Gasol

This gets us the superstar talent we need. Pretty obvious why we make the trade, and we get to add Kawhi while keeping Og and Pascal.

Gets the spurs a star back for Kawhi. They also get back a key prospect at a position where they don’t have any (David Bertans (25) and Lauvergne (26) are the only centres on the roster outside of Gasol, and neither has too high of a potential).
              They get back a first rounder, which’ll probably land in the 20’s, but the Spurs have shown they’re capable of landing key pieces late. (We’d have to pull off the trade after the draft in order to trade that pick).
              They also get out from Pau’s deal, which owes him 16M per for the next 2 years. Assuming Danny Green opts in and Lauvergne and Rudy Gay opt out of their last years on their deals, this would leave the Spurs with 83.8M on their books. That leaves them with 25M in cap space on top of a core of Murray/DeMar/Aldridge. Dumping Green lets them make a hard run at Lebron.
              i'd do this

Comment

• seriously OG and Kawhi would mean the best two way backcourt in the league

Comment

• Unfortunately I think the most likely options for Kawhi are:

a) stays in San Antonio and signs supermax extension
                  b) waits one year for free agency and goes to a large market
                  c) gets dealt for a package with at least one lotto pick, like Boston's Kings pick or the Philly 10th

But it's nice to dream

Comment

• For Kawhi to come here, you need to give up Demar (who I dont even think the Spurs would want but never know), OG (cant get around it, they would want a SF capable of taking over), one of Pascal/Poeltl and picks...

This is how much value I truly think Demar has if you try to trade him for Kawhi in a package...

Comment

• sanyo wrote: View Post
                      For Kawhi to come here, you need to give up Demar (who I dont even think the Spurs would want but never know), OG (cant get around it, they would want a SF capable of taking over), one of Pascal/Poeltl and picks...

This is how much value I truly think Demar has if you try to trade him for Kawhi in a package...
                      then i say no... thats how much i value OG
                      Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Sun May 13, 2018, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Dave Feschuk: Ujiri-Casey combo lasted longer than expected
                        Tension between coach Dwane Casey, fired Friday, and boss Masai Ujiri boiled over after that Game 3 loss to LeBron and the Cavs. Given that Ujiri inherited Casey when he took over the team five years ago, it’s amazing that they made it this far — and it’s always easier to fire the coach when remaking the roster is such heavy lifting, Dave Feschuk writes.
                        I guarantee miles on love was one of the straws that broke the camel's back
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yd6drz6g

how about this
                          Toronto starts to tank and gets multiple draft picks to speed the process

Toronto gets
                          Minny 2020 first top 10 protected, 2022 first top 5 protected
                          pacers 2018 first, 2020 second

we free up a bunch of cap space after next and start the rebuild
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Its probably a number of things. Miles on Love was one of them, I also read that Masai was angry over Casey not telling his players to double/help on Lebron's gamewinner.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              I agree. But, Masai is the one who signed Miles, who everyone knew was a very poor defensive player. He couldn’t stay with Korver at all, Lebron blew by him at will and, as you say, Love absolutely dominated Miles inside. So what was Casey supposed to do? Demar couldn’t guard anyone so Casey had already cut his minutes back. Somebody has to play.

Casey simply did not have the experienced defenders required to stop an offence like Korver, Lebron and Love. Same thing would have happened against Houston or Golden State. The roster has too many weak defenders to hide against powerhouse playoff teams.

I just don’t see how it’s Casey’s fault that Masai built a roster with one way players who can win a lot of games in the regular season but will never hold up against legitimate championship contenders.

Comment

• Clown.

Comment

Working...
                                X