This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    This. And it's really difficult for him to get better at reading NBA defenses under playoff pressure when he's alone in the gym at night, no matter how hard he works.
    DeMar can afford to pay 9 other guys to workout with him $200/hour for two hours, 3 nights a week all off-season for under $150k.
    Did you read where LeBron spends $1.5 million a year on his effort to stay on top?

I think if he watched video of his mistakes and then worked hard for four months to correct them, he'd get better, and stop embarrassing himself, and the team.

Comment

• Puffer yeah he could potentially get better but will he? You're planning out his workout regime like you know the guy. I go by history at this point. He never addressed his defensive shortcomings
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        I pretty specifically said, "I think he has worked primarily on his offense, because he recognized his weaknesses on D, and it is easier to improve your shot and ball handling."

So we agree on that. My point was that he may have thought it was easier to compensate for poor defensive ability by increasing his offensive ability. This year pretty much put that idea in the ground. I thought he indicated that he has finally seen the light. I could be wrong. Just my feelings based on what he has said.

Do you think if DeMar decides to focus on D that he won't improve to league average? He doesn't really have to do much to improve to that level because his flaws, while large, are fixable. He doesn't need to suddenly get a huge injection of bball IQ. He just needs to pay attention, and remember where he is supposed to be.
        Honestly, no, I don't. Because the number one thing you need to improve defensively is commitment to defense, and that doesn't take an offseason.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

Hopefully a new coach is hired soon. I’ll give him one more off-season. If a new coach can’t get him to improve on defense, especially Bud, who turned Teague and Korver into All Stars, then no one can.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Oh, come on with this.

He gets better every summer. Every summer it's on the offensive end.

His defense didn't JUST become an issue this year.
            This article came after last year's playoffs. #1 culprit? DeMar's defence ( and defensive effort).

https://fansided.com/2017/05/10/nylo...off-disasters/
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• alright they are not tanking.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

alright they are not tanking.
                  Masai already stated he isn’t tanking, not next season anyway.

Comment

Way to spin it by that guy. When you read the full sentence, Toronto seems a much better spot than milwaukee
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Masai already stated he isn’t tanking, not next season anyway.
                      looks like they are not retooling either lol

Comment

I'm sure he's looking for the right deals but if they don't come, they don't Come, and the last thing you want is all the players knowing they were on the block
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Not sure how much I believe it. Masai doesn’t leak anything. Any sort of Raptors leak comes from the outside usually.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'm sure he's looking for the right deals but if they don't come, they don't Come, and the last thing you want is all the players knowing they were on the block
                            Beat me to it. Like what's MU supposed to say heading into the off-season?

Attention K-Mart shoppers: we have a clearance sale in Aisle 95 for mentally weak Raptors' players?

Comment

• Anyone paying attention to this year's draft? Any good 2-way players? Should we try to trade into this draft some how?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                This article came after last year's playoffs. #1 culprit? DeMar's defence ( and defensive effort).

https://fansided.com/2017/05/10/nylo...off-disasters/
                                Good find, uh, sort of. Boy was that article prophetic. This quote was depressing...

DeMar DeRozan is the weak link in the chain, and unfortunately he’s going to make north of $25 million a year for them until 2021. Unless he can correct his glaring deficiencies, we should get used to them coming up short. He’s too much of a liability

Comment

Working...
                                X