Clear All

• Bucks with the fake
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Cool, can we meet with Messina too?

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
        Cool, can we meet with Messina too?
        No, Pop is going to retire and Messina will take over as HC of the Spurs. The assistants are all jumping ship before Pop leaves.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bucks with the fake
          lol. The leaks are so obvious.

Comment

• When you add it all up, Toronto's 2017-18 championship prospects couldn't have been much tastier. This group of Raptors doesn't sport a long-term outlook anywhere near Boston's or Philly's, but the opportunity squandered was massive. That's why changes are already underway.

Expect them to continue.

Word is that the Raptors quietly explored their DeMar DeRozan trade options last summer — before they had any inkling that a breakout season was looming — and I'd fully expect Toronto to explore those possibilities again. Not just with DeRozan but with anyone and everyone on the roster.

The Raptors, under the stewardship of the team president Masai Ujiri, typically move in a measured fashion. You have to think this summer will be different.
            https://static.nytimes.com/email-con...?nlid=60991454

Comment

• For the first time in a long while, I really wouldn't be surprised at all by a DeRozan trade. I expect a middle of the road trade - one that could support a rebuild or retool, and only the following trades (of the other big money deals) to indicate a direction, which may not be clear until next summer. But a deal like Wiggins+picks for DeMar could be sold for either path (Wiggins is not good enough right now to prevent a tank on his own, and if he capitalizes on his potential could prevent a need for one, or be a trade piece for it). Or something similar to that, if not identical. Something with high potential, long term upside, but also not a pure for-picks move. But who knows, perhaps Masai finds a great picks offer and takes the PR hit.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                For the first time in a long while, I really wouldn't be surprised at all by a DeRozan trade. I expect a middle of the road trade - one that could support a rebuild or retool, and only the following trades (of the other big money deals) to indicate a direction, which may not be clear until next summer. But a deal like Wiggins+picks for DeMar could be sold for either path (Wiggins is not good enough right now to prevent a tank on his own, and if he capitalizes on his potential could prevent a need for one, or be a trade piece for it). Or something similar to that, if not identical. Something with high potential, long term upside, but also not a pure for-picks move. But who knows, perhaps Masai finds a great picks offer and takes the PR hit.
                I've come around on a whole Wiggins thing(or Wiggins type trade) It's a win-win situation. If he's good then awesome we have a good piece. If he sucks he doesn't stop the tank. Raptors can sell "coming back home" schtick and not get scrutinized too much.

Comment

• About time! the GOAT!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

For the first time in a long while, I really wouldn't be surprised at all by a DeRozan trade. I expect a middle of the road trade - one that could support a rebuild or retool, and only the following trades (of the other big money deals) to indicate a direction, which may not be clear until next summer. But a deal like Wiggins+picks for DeMar could be sold for either path (Wiggins is not good enough right now to prevent a tank on his own, and if he capitalizes on his potential could prevent a need for one, or be a trade piece for it). Or something similar to that, if not identical. Something with high potential, long term upside, but also not a pure for-picks move. But who knows, perhaps Masai finds a great picks offer and takes the PR hit.
                    They need to make major roster changes. Firing the coach is not good enough.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        They need to make major roster changes. Firing the coach is not good enough.
                        I agree. But any previous season, the major roster changes were always around the edges. Lou Williams, DeMarre Carroll, Biyombo, Scola, Joseph, Miles, Tucker, rumours of moving JV, even the Ibaka move was finding a third piece for the star guards, in theory. This year feels like the year we move away from the core three of Casey, Lowry, DeMar. If one of them is kept, I hope it is Lowry, as I doubt the team tries to sell getting rid of all three to the fanbase.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Basically Deorozan is available but it better be for a good price otherwise don't bother to pick up the phone.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            Basically Deorozan is available but it better be for a good price otherwise don't bother to pick up the phone.
                            That's essentially the only point in trading anyone. Give us value, or we'll just run back a 50 win club and run out the clock on this window (which ain't long anyway).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Basically Deorozan is available but it better be for a good price otherwise don't bother to pick up the phone.
                              But what's a "good" price? It's pretty subjective. For me it's a top 5 draft pick; or a top 10 pick with a young player.

Basically what Butler got.

Comment

I have no idea if this is supposed to be a good draft, but the Clips have 2 lotto picks, could be worth going after, though if Leonard is available, or LeBron wants to go west, Demar doesn't make a ton of sense for them. They have some decent pieces for a retool as well, though if its not for picks, I would go elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X