This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    With that being said, I don’t think this past season was a good indicator of Wiggins.

He shot way less shots at the rim and way more from 3 due to being relegated to the third option on his team.
    I agree - but it's also his fate in Minny with Butler and Towns there. So they should be open to using him as a chip.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I agree - but it's also his fate in Minny with Butler and Towns there. So they should be open to using him as a chip.
      Why would Demar be a good option in that context though? Not opposed to a trade there, just don't know if Demar works for them.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I imagine Philly holds out hope for LeBron or Kawhi and doesn't want to take on cap space or trade picks before they know they are out of the running for those two. Lowry makes a lot of sense with that core too, maybe they would want to part with Fultz; seems like they just didn't want to deal with whatever was his issue as the year dragged on. Would be slightly odd for them to go for a 33 year old on a massive contract though.
        If Philly does strike out in free agency, and wants to bring in someone who can help ASAP to ride the wave of their great last half of the year, Lowry does seem like a great fit to play off ball as a shooter and provide some veteran leadership to that young team. Also, he's a guy Colangelo acquired in the past.

And if they do hit in free agency, they could still want to add Lowry - a package of Covington, Fultz, and Bayless (plus maybe a pick?) could work financially.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          Why would Demar be a good option in that context though? Not opposed to a trade there, just don't know if Demar works for them.
          I think DeMar has shown he can operate as more of a playmaker than Wiggins can (thus far) and his game seems well suited to fitting with Towns, and letting Butler ease back his usage a bit without the team suffering as a result.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Philly does strike out in free agency, and wants to bring in someone who can help ASAP to ride the wave of their great last half of the year, Lowry does seem like a great fit to play off ball as a shooter and provide some veteran leadership to that young team. Also, he's a guy Colangelo acquired in the past.

And if they do hit in free agency, they could still want to add Lowry - a package of Covington, Fultz, and Bayless (plus maybe a pick?) could work financially.
            Honestly if they are willing to give up on Faultz for Lowry then they know there something really wrong with the kid.

Comment

• I don't want to gamble on Fultz.. if we're moving Lowry to Philly than I'd rather have the Lakers pick over Fultz.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Honestly if they are willing to give up on Faultz for Lowry then they know there something really wrong with the kid.
                I disagree. He kind of lost his place there. Its Simmons’ and Embiid’s team. They made it to the second round and will look to improve to get to the Conference Finals. Lowry will help with that as a veteran and a leader. He will be a better fit with Simmons, can play off ball as a shooter.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  I disagree. He kind of lost his place there. Its Simmons’ and Embiid’s team. They made it to the second round and will look to improve to get to the Conference Finals. Lowry will help with that as a veteran and a leader. He will be a better fit with Simmons, can play off ball as a shooter.
                  He maybe lost but Colangelo can get something higher value for him then aging Lowry which isn't enough. Besides Lowry won't agree to come of the bench for Simmons, its a locker room disaster waiting to happen.

Comment

He maybe lost but Colangelo can get something higher value for him but aging Lowry which isn't enough. Besides Lowry won't agree to come of the bench for Simmons, its a locker room disaster waiting to happen.
                    He won’t have to. Just play Simmons at SF as a point forward.

Lowry/Redick/Simmons/Saric/Embiid

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He maybe lost but Colangelo can get something higher value for him then aging Lowry which isn't enough. Besides Lowry won't agree to come of the bench for Simmons, its a locker room disaster waiting to happen.
                        If Lowry gets traded there, pretty sure he'd be their main SG.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

So you're on board with a rebuild now?

Because DeMar for Wiggins+mid/late 1st + that deal sounds like a rebuild.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                            So you're on board with a rebuild now?

Because DeMar for Wiggins+mid/late 1st + that deal sounds like a rebuild.
                            A team of Lowry/Wiggins/OG/Siakam/JV isn’t really a rebuild.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              A team of Lowry/Wiggins/OG/Siakam/JV isn’t really a rebuild.
                              Did you even read what I replied to?

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Did you even read what I replied to?
                                Except Masai already stated he isn’t going full rebuild, so if a trade happens, it will most likely be one of Derozan or Lowry, not both.

Comment

Working...
                                X