This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote:
    Anyways if Ibaka is seriously untradeable. Ibaka for Shroeder and pick?
    Don’t know why Hawks agree to that or Raptors because they’ll have 4 PGs, unless you trade Schroeder or one of our PGs away.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      So you're on board with a rebuild now?

Because DeMar for Wiggins+mid/late 1st + that deal sounds like a rebuild.
      It's a rebuild, but it's not trade everything away for picks and dead salary and tank. There's a difference. With those trades the Raptors are still a 38-40 win team with a lot of growing potential.
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

3 way trade with Philly? Atlanta gets Fultz. Philly gets Lowry. We get Schroder + first from somewhere.. probably Philly.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          So you're on board with a rebuild now?

Because DeMar for Wiggins+mid/late 1st + that deal sounds like a rebuild.
          Absolutely, if they can move Lowry for a recent 1st overall pick and extra assets.

My point is, you don't force the trades now unless you are sure your are maximizing Lowry's value. I expect the offers will be more in the realm of bad salary plus one non-lotto pick from most teams, so I'd wait the year. But the Philly cap situation is such that they may be in a position to add two stars - one via free agency, and one if they can get a team to bite on their flawed extra assets (and I think they probably try to hold onto their incoming lotto picks if they can in the process). Which might be a unique case where Lowry's value could be highest this summer.

It's kind of a dream case, though. I'd fully expect to have to wait out a better deal for Lowry. But I was never opposed to a rebuild, I was opposed to just taking the best offers on the table immediately, prioritizing getting bad over getting value in trades.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            3 way trade with Philly? Atlanta gets Fultz. Philly gets Lowry. We get Schroder + first from somewhere.. probably Philly.
            I was going to suggest somehow to get rid of Ibaka but that ain't happening lol
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If Philly is giving up Fultz and a first for Lowry, I'd rather just do that straight up and not get Atlanta and Schroder involved.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                I was going to suggest somehow to get rid of Ibaka but that ain't happening lol
                BC is still the GM of Philly... maybe we can give him Ibaka as well

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  If Philly is giving up Fultz and a first for Lowry, I'd rather just do that straight up and not get Atlanta and Schroder involved.
                  Forget the pick then. I'd rather have Schroder than Fultz. Fultz is a gamble. Not one that I'm interesting in taking.

Comment

Masai robs the former Raptors GM, that would be funny

Comment

Sell them Ibaka = rich man's Ilyasova maybe he'll bite lmao.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Nah, they want to chase a free agent, and they have enough excess salary to take on Lowry but not Ibaka too. They'll want to use that ballast on a star, not an Ibaka.

I don't see an obvious Ibaka move.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Forget the pick then. I'd rather have Schroder than Fultz. Fultz is a gamble. Not one that I'm interesting in taking.
                          It's exactly the sort of gamble the team should be taking. You can find a Schroder basically anywhere. Is he significantly better than VanVleet or Wright?

But the whole point of tanking is to be able to draft a guy like Fultz. If you can take that shot because he had injury trouble early on, you take it. Same goes for Wiggins - loads of downside, but it's the upside the team should care about.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Nah, they want to chase a free agent, and they have enough excess salary to take on Lowry but not Ibaka too. They'll want to use that ballast on a star, not an Ibaka.

I don't see an obvious Ibaka move.
                            Yeah I know.. we'd have to give up a pick or a prospect to gain cap space on an Ibaka deal. Would rather just keep him and eat his salary for 2 seasons. Or hope he's got value as an expiring (although unlikely).

Comment

• Masai traded Bargnani away, thats what I tell myself in hopes he can win an Ibaka trade.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Masai traded Bargnani away, thats what I tell myself in hopes he can win an Ibaka trade.
                                There's always a chance. But just like that Bargnani trade, good luck predicting it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X