Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think about Jabari Parker?
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      No, Pop is going to retire and Messina will take over as HC of the Spurs. The assistants are all jumping ship before Pop leaves.
      Messina wouldn't be taking meetings if he thought he was about to be the Spurs head coach. Pop might stick around for another 5 years and Messina has been ready to be a HC for the past 5 years. The timing is off.

I also think the main attraction of SA is that Pop is there. I suspect no one will want to go play in SA once he retires. Not like it's some dream scenario for Messina to take over.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Messina wouldn't be taking meetings if he thought he was about to be the Spurs head coach. Pop might stick around for another 5 years and Messina has been ready to be a HC for the past 5 years. The timing is off.

I also think the main attraction of SA is that Pop is there. I suspect no one will want to go play in SA once he retires. Not like it's some dream scenario for Messina to take over.
        Agreed. Duncan is gone, Parker and Manu are close to retirement, the situation with Kawhi is a mess. Pop is the only attraction to SA at the moment.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          What do you guys think about Jabari Parker?
          He's an RFA this summer... Not sure how we'd get in on that, even if we were interested.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            He's an RFA this summer... Not sure how we'd get in on that, even if we were interested.
            Ahh I see. Nevermind then.

Comment

Ahh I see. Nevermind then.
              It's possible, just tricky, that's all. Would need to be a sign and trade, and that's tough to work around with the team in the tax (and near the apron), so the trade would be difficult to work, or dependent on other trades happening to clear some room.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Nah, they want to chase a free agent, and they have enough excess salary to take on Lowry but not Ibaka too. They'll want to use that ballast on a star, not an Ibaka.

I don't see an obvious Ibaka move.
                I still think the Ibaka move is getting an equally bad (or worse) contract at a position the receiving team doesn't need and a pick for him. Likely from a playoff or near playoff team looking to improve a bit.

Portland, Milwaukee (especially if they don't wanna pay Jabari), Hornets, maybe Knicks if they let Kanter go, Pelicans (with no Cousins), Grizzlies (take back Parsons) are teams that stick out to me.

Comment

It's exactly the sort of gamble the team should be taking. You can find a Schroder basically anywhere. Is he significantly better than VanVleet or Wright?

But the whole point of tanking is to be able to draft a guy like Fultz. If you can take that shot because he had injury trouble early on, you take it. Same goes for Wiggins - loads of downside, but it's the upside the team should care about.
                  I think Schroder has up side too considering he's only 24 and most PG's age like fine wine. IQ gets better.. games slows down. I get your point.. just don't really like Fultz that much to be honest. I see him being a career backup.

Comment

• Maybe there's a deal for Beal out there..washington is in a similar existential analysis right now...i don't want any part of wall but I'd welcome Beal for either Lowry or derozan..i think with derozan masai could somehow attach a pick our way the sly devil
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Btw on the Lowry to Sixers idea. If they get LeBron that becomes even more viable.

LeBron will demand win-now moves as a priority for signing there. Lowry is like the perfect PG for that team. Doesn't need the ball, good defender, knockdown shooter and from the city as a bonus. If there's even an inkling they can get Kyle for Covington and Fultz LeBron will push for that.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Maybe there's a deal for Beal out there..washington is in a similar existential analysis right now...i don't want any part of wall but I'd welcome Beal for either Lowry or derozan..i think with derozan masai could somehow attach a pick our way the sly devil
                        I think Wall, Beal are close to untouchable. They just re-signed their GM in secret. So I doubt he'll trade those two.

Comment

• It really feels like we'll have some big names floating around this summer. Part of why I love the NBA so much.

Comment

I think Wall, Beal are close to untouchable. They just re-signed their GM in secret. So I doubt he'll trade those two.
                            Washington should try and discuss a S&T with New Orleans. A Cousins/Porter swap might work out well for both teams. NO could really use a good wing player.. and Washington could use something to spice up their team. Wall/Cousins are pretty close too.

Plus the Wizards love having dick heads play for them and Porter just doesn't seem to fit that identity.

Comment

• Draft lottery tonight. Would be cool to see the Bulls win. Would suck to see a great prospect like Doncic or Dayton go to bad franchises like Memphis.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Draft lottery tonight. Would be cool to see the Bulls win. Would suck to see a great prospect like Doncic or Dayton go to bad franchises like Memphis.
                                Memphis could be pretty good next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X