X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    So is there any way the Suns don't take Doncic? Lol
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Ayton is the best player in this draft. He's also a perfect fit for the Suns.
    Suns new coach was the former coach of Doncic.. so there is already a connection. However Ayton went to Arizona so that could work out as well.. will be interesting who they pick.

Comment

• Ayton kind of reminds me of Cousins actually. I've seen some Doncic highlights. He's alright, but I don't think he'll be a stud/all-star. I'd go with Ayton.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Suns new coach was the former coach of Doncic.. so there is already a connection. However Ayton went to Arizona so that could work out as well.. will be interesting who they pick.
        Yeah good point. I don't think they can be worried about fit though. That team needs talent, gotta take the best player. And really, either guy can fit into their lineup anyway.

Comment

• Derozan to Memphis for the 4th pick and Chandler Parsons?

They are still in win now mode and Parsons contract is bad.

With the 4th pick we take either Bagley III or Jackson Jr. and we're set at PF.
          Last edited by Primer; Tue May 15, 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Derozan to Memphis for the 4th pick and Chandler Parsons?

Honestly, that Parsons contract is so bad that I probably wouldn't do that.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Honestly, that Parsons contract is so bad that I probably wouldn't do that.
              It is an awful contract, hopefully he could regain some of his form to make it less awful. It's at least a realistic way to get a top 4 pick. We could get them to toss in one of their young guys like Rabb, Selden or Martin.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                It's exactly the sort of gamble the team should be taking. You can find a Schroder basically anywhere. Is he significantly better than VanVleet or Wright?

But the whole point of tanking is to be able to draft a guy like Fultz. If you can take that shot because he had injury trouble early on, you take it. Same goes for Wiggins - loads of downside, but it's the upside the team should care about.
                I agree on Fultz. Wiggins has had 3 years in the NBA to show some promise or put something together and nothing has really improved at all. Yeah you'd like players with a high ceiling, but (this is an exaggeration obviously), you don't exactly trade DeMar for 2015 Bruno Caboclo. Probability that they'll hit that ceiling is also important.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

I like the spirit of it. And the 4th pick is definitely a great get for DeMar.

But fuck I don't want Parsons. I know it's just to take his contract, but he still has a couple more years and we won't have high-lottery picks to attach to him to try and move him. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

But fuck I don't want Parsons. I know it's just to take his contract, but he still has a couple more years and we won't have high-lottery picks to attach to him to try and move him. That's a pretty tough pill to swallow.
                    what if they attach future first rounder?
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

This is the first move of a complete teardown pretty much. You're not going to go into the tax after trading for Chandler Parsons.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        they could also attach Dillon Brooks - I think I'd take it if they did.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure we win that trade easy lol, so I'm not sure why'd they do it.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          I doubt they would. One top 5 pick is a pretty high price for an all-star. If they had cap space to absorb his contract, I'd say just do the straight up swap. Parsons is a pretty big burden. You're basically paying him about a quarter of your capspace to be on disability for a huge chunk of the season, and possibly suck balls if he does play.

He becomes a massive expiring deal after next year, but that's still a tough call.

I would be fine if it happened if it's the type of thing that is conditional on who's on the board at #4 on draft night. If Masai thinks he has a superstar and top 10 player available to pick, I say go for it and swallow Parsons' deal if you have to, but that means this only makes sense to me as a draft night trade. Otherwise there's no way I pull this deal before draft night, or if there's no one I really think has superstar potential.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            This is the first move of a complete teardown pretty much. You're not going to go into the tax after trading for Chandler Parsons.
                            Well is anyone going to absorb both Ibaka's and Lowry's salaries without sending much of any money back? Because otherwise there's a good chance you will be in the tax next year.

Again, Masai has to think he's 100% sure he's got a superstar to pick at #4.

Comment

Well is anyone going to absorb both Ibaka's and Lowry's salaries without sending much of any money back? Because otherwise there's a good chance you will be in the tax next year.

Again, Masai has to think he's 100% sure he's got a superstar to pick at #4.
                              I would think you'd have to figure out a way to duck the tax or ownership wouldn't let the trade happen. They're not going to pay the tax for a 44 win team.

Comment

Look, I know everybody is depressed right now, but you're suggesting trading a four-time All-Star who's probably going to be All-NBA for the second year in a row for literally the worst contract in the entire league and a high lottery pick. That is fucking insane.

Comment

Working...
                                X