This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Eh Mirotic fit in really well there, I imagine they would rather go after shooters/wing defenders.

As for those trade examples, I think they are relevant but also worth recognizing that at the time, everyone thought that the team trading the star lost the trade. The Kyrie trade was kind of always a steal for Boston, and Butler for an injured Zach Lavine, Kris Dunn after an abysmal rookie year and a pick swap is considered good in hindsight, but at the time wasn't great. The Clips robbed Detroit though, no doubt about that. Plenty of teams desperate to win, so I don't think it would be hard to move DD for a good return.

I still think the Clips would be a decent partner. Jerry West doesn't want to tank, and I could definitely see them giving up their two late lotto picks for DD. If they trade Gallinari + whatever they would only have Demar and Lou Will on the books beyond a year, which gives them a chance to go in any direction. I imagine they want to try and find a different star first (Kawhi/LeBron) but after that, maybe they would go for Demar.

EDIT: Also I think 2 late lottos is still a really good haul. Looking at past drafts, some really nice players get picked in that 12-15 range, and having two chances would be real nice.
    They could add Ibaka even with Mirotic around. Of course, this all depends on Cousins. If they don't want to keep him, they are otherwise completely depthless behind Davis and Mirotic. In that scenario they might have interest in Ibaka.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was chatting on twitter this morning about this deal:

DeMar to Memphis for Chandler Parsons and the #4 pick.

To me, it fits. Memphis badly needs shot creators, gets out of the Parsons contract, and the Raptors get another really good young piece for their future core.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Was chatting on twitter this morning about this deal:

To me, it fits. Memphis badly needs shot creators, gets out of the Parsons contract, and the Raptors get another really good young piece for their future core.
        yeah some people thought about this one here as well. For some people that Parsons's contract was too much swallow.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• #4 pick for DeMar is insanely good value even considering the Parsons contract

Comment

Given Parsons contract, I don't think you should pull the trigger until draft night, so you know you can get the prospect you want at #4.

Once upon a time, Ray Allen was traded for the pick that became Jeff Green. I wouldn't want to swallow Parsons' deal if that's the kind of talent we're looking at.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              #4 pick for DeMar is insanely good value even considering the Parsons contract
              Yeah I personally do it. But it's pretty much means we're t-word and some people still hoping for retool

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Yeah I personally do it. But it's pretty much means we're t-word and some people still hoping for retool
                I don't think it means that at all. I think the floor for this Raptors team is a bottom of the playoffs team, not a t-word team. The young talent is really good.

Comment

• It's just not good value on return. Like think of what Memphis would have to trade to give up Chandler Parsons to a team with cap space. It would be more than Demarre Carroll had to be shipped with to Brooklyn, and that was a first rounder plus a high second rounder. It may be that the number 4 pick is the cost of getting rid of Parsons, even getting nothing in return. Either that or two top 10 protected first rounders - keeping in mind Memphis doesn't have their first rounder next year unless it falls with the top 8 (I believe).

And the trade offer for the Raptors is that, except instead of getting nothing in return, we're giving them a perennial All Star top 25 player. It's just a bad arrangement from a value perspective.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Someone mentioned that already, but tbh I think you can get a better deal for that than DeMar.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I like that Bridges kid from Nova. Currently projected to go 10th to Philly via NBAdraft.net.. and 9th to NY via CBS and tankathon.com.

Has a silky smooth shot, and looks like he can actually play defense. If we get the 5th pick from Dallas that would be my guy. Although we could probably even move down from there.
                      That kid is going to be really good. Imagine a defensive lineup of Delon/Bridges/OG/Siakam... that's just unfair

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      I think this team could manage a high 40s/low 50 win season without DeMar

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        It's just not good value on return. Like think of what Memphis would have to trade to give up Chandler Parsons to a team with cap space. It would be more than Demarre Carroll had to be shipped with to Brooklyn, and that was a first rounder plus a high second rounder. It may be that the number 4 pick is the cost of getting rid of Parsons, even getting nothing in return. Either that or two top 10 protected first rounders - keeping in mind Memphis doesn't have their first rounder next year unless it falls with the top 8 (I believe).

And the trade offer for the Raptors is that, except instead of getting nothing in return, we're giving them a perennial All Star top 25 player. It's just a bad arrangement from a value perspective.
                        Yep. If the Bulls can get the #7 pick in a loaded draft, LaVine and Dunn for Butler we should be looking to get at least a good prospect, high pick and no terrible contracts in return for DD.

Comment

It's just not good value on return. Like think of what Memphis would have to trade to give up Chandler Parsons to a team with cap space. It would be more than Demarre Carroll had to be shipped with to Brooklyn, and that was a first rounder plus a high second rounder. It may be that the number 4 pick is the cost of getting rid of Parsons, even getting nothing in return. Either that or two top 10 protected first rounders - keeping in mind Memphis doesn't have their first rounder next year unless it falls with the top 8 (I believe).

Maybe we can wiggle Deyonta Davis from them (young big with upside)

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            That kid is going to be really good. Imagine a defensive lineup of Delon/Bridges/OG/Siakam... that's just unfair

I think this team could manage a high 40s/low 50 win season without DeMar
                            yeah that's true. I meant more like it signals the rebuild. Meaning they are starting the dismantling the core. I'm sure if we traded Derozan and rest of NBA would start inquiring on other players right away. But yeah we're still too good without Derozan

Comment

I'm not sure this is true. There just aren't that many trade destinations for DeMar, because of all the reasons that we're all open to the Raptors trading him, and the #4 pick in a loaded draft is pretty good value.

Comment

• What if we trade Derozan to Clippers for Gallinari, Beverley plus 2 of their first rounders. They are mid first round.

Comment

Working...
                                X