Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades develop in the draft when a GM has their eye one a specific person. Like Masai did with Giannis and OKC did with Stevens in 2013.

The story that I read recently was if OKC could not get Stevens by 12 they would have traded the pick to Toronto.. and Masai would have picked Giannis. So it's hard to say now that Masai should trade DeMar for both LAC picks. It really depends on who's there at 12 and 13.. and if those guys seem special enough for Masai to trade his all-star for.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Trades develop in the draft when a GM has their eye one a specific person. Like Masai did with Giannis and OKC did with Stevens in 2013.

The story that I read recently was if OKC could not get Stevens by 12 they would have traded the pick to Toronto.. and Masai would have picked Giannis. So it's hard to say now that Masai should trade DeMar for both LAC picks. It really depends on who's there at 12 and 13.. and if those guys seem special enough for Masai to trade his all-star for.
      stevens?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        stevens?
        Steven Adams lol
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          I'm not saying he's trash - I'm saying he has limitations.

He's also a very good on-ball player and a shot creator, and there are teams who badly need a guy who can do that(like the Raptors did for the last few years, before these young guys developed!). Memphis needs that.
          Sure DeMar has limitations for a team trying to go from pseudo contender to true contender (aka. The Toronto Raptors) and above, naturally. And even then, he really only gets exposed in the playoffs. But he's great get for any team below that level, and that's the majority of NBA teams.

Comment

• Damn, Kings front-office was thirsty for that pick

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Masai shopped DeMar last season after he was named to an All-NBA team and obviously didn't get much value back. Maybe there isn't as much demand out there for him as you may think
              Masai didn't "shop" DeMar. He explored trade possibilities, which could be anything from finding out what teams were prepared to offer for DeMar to simply listening to other teams' proactive offers, none of which means Masai was desperate to get rid of him or even that deeply interested unless he could get insane value back. A year ago DeMar was a worse three shooter and a worse playmaker. This year he'll likely be all-NBA for the second year in a row. The bottom end of "top 20 in the league" is still more than a lot of teams have.

And there's every chance Masai isn't really that interested in moving DeMar now. (Ibaka is a different story.)

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                stevens?
                MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Steven Adams lol
                Yeah sorry LOL.. had the Celtics on my brain.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yeah sorry LOL.. had the Celtics on my brain.
                  Don't we all
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      Also isn’t the supermax only available from the team you were previously on?

A free agent can’t get a supermax from any team that has the money can they?
                      The supermax is the max salary for a 10 year veteran. I quoted that amount to frame how much room 55M is compared to a max contract. A 7-9 year veteran would get a somewhat smaller max, 0-6 year veterans an even smaller one.

7-9 year veterans are eligible for the 10 year supermax if their team makes them their designated player. But any 10 year veteran can get the supermax from any team with cap space.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

All that for a drop of blood.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

No more posting tweets without a blue checkmark in the name..lol
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Damn, Kings front-office was thirsty for that pick

What are they so happy about?! They have a bad track record in drafts and player development for more then 10 years.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              This is where I disagree. Raps will never get a top 3 pick for anything on their roster. I would consider a trade for the 4th or 5th pick if you really like someone there, but after the top 3 its normally a crapshoot and quantity is more important. In the last 7 drafts top 5 NBA players in the 12-15 range are Kawhi and Giannis, Potential All Star players include Booker and Mitchell. There is literally one year in that time where a player that good was selected in the 4-7 range (Porzingis) (Admittedly I could see someone from last years draft in that range stepping into a really good player). Still, I would suggest that late lotto picks are undervalued, and history says the marginal value in having a couple more guys to choose from is less important than getting to choose 2 players
                              I don’t necessarily think we should trade Demar for a 4th or 5th pick either.

I don’t think we should trade Demar at all unless he’s being packaged with someone else on our team for a superstar, or we trade for a young player with superstar potential.

Demar+whatever the spurs want for Kawhi
                              OR
                              Demar for Ingram

Those types of trades.

Personally I wouldn’t hesitate if the price for Kawhi was Demar and OG, matter of fact I’d probably be willing to throw in Delon or Jacob into that offer as well.

Landing someone like a Kawhi should be step one.

Filling out the roster afterwards is something Masai has shown he’s able to do, and should be the second priority.

Number 1 on our list should be landing the superstar, not for marginal improvements.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                The supermax is the max salary for a 10 year veteran. I quoted that amount to frame how much room 55M is compared to a max contract. A 7-9 year veteran would get a somewhat smaller max, 0-6 year veterans an even smaller one.

7-9 year veterans are eligible for the 10 year supermax if their team makes them their designated player. But any 10 year veteran can get the supermax from any team with cap space.
                                I thought supermax was only available as a bird rights type of thing, to incentivize teams keeping their superstars and stars staying in the city that drafted them.

Obviously the extra year is a benefit, but you mean to tell me the 6ers for example could offer Lebron the same 4 year deal as Cleveland can?

Comment

Working...
                                X