This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'll be surprised if someone like BC was that reckless, but there is a strange trail of breadcrumbs. There's the Toronto, University of Chicago, Phillly connections, and then the accounts going private after contacting the Sixers all point to BC but that's all circumstantial. Could be somebody else inside the organization, maybe a front office employee close to him who's a fan. Some people really got the boss's back.

On the plus side - I didn't realize BC stayed in Ontario till the Sixers hired him or that his son finished out high school here. Take that for metric, Antonio Davis' wife!
    Maybe BC didn't purge all the Hinkie loyalists? Some amazing soap opera story lines unfolding here. This is just the tonic we needed to forget about our own Lebronto embarrassment.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          It's too obvious though. Plus there's this which I posted in another thread:

I'm pretty sure at least one of the accounts (Eric Jr) is not his. It talks about being an old man and having a daughter too old for a married man. That account has the same last two recovery digits as two other accounts, so those might not be his either.

Maybe it's Jerry.
          I'm not that twitter savvy but I didn't see anything about being an old man and having a daughter in @AlVic40117560's (Eric Jr) twitter feed. Where did you see that?

Comment

• Comment

• I'm really surprised so many people are buying this. The tone of the tweets is so obviously not 'multi-millionaire 50 year-old social media noob'.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• BC is probably reading Churchill quotes right now.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                  I'm really surprised so many people are buying this. The tone of the tweets is so obviously not 'multi-millionaire 50 year-old social media noob'.
                  Misery loves company.

Comment

I'm really surprised so many people are buying this. The tone of the tweets is so obviously not 'multi-millionaire 50 year-old social media noob'.
                    So I'm assuming you have a super logical theory/explanation?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

People are buying it because it's the simplest explanation of the facts.

It's a choice between a mysterious person taking 2+ years to perform an elaborate set-up, leaking the fake story to a journalist, predicting the actions of said journalist or possibly hacking the journalist's communications to the extent of being able to shut down the alternate accounts right when Colangelo is informed of them, also having contacts inside the organization to be able to leak inside information, tracking Colangelo's location to mock being in the same place as him multiple times over multiple years....

Or Colangelo (or someone closely connected to him) did a dumb thing.

Occam's razor, Hanlon's razor, take your pick. But the scenario to explain this away as a set-up is more far-fetched than the alternative.

Now, it could also be the Ringer just making crap up. Also a simple explanation. But doesn't seem likely when you consider the implications of being caught doing that as a journalist.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        So I'm assuming you have a super logical theory/explanation?
                        Lol, speaking of tone...
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's a choice between a mysterious person taking 2+ years to perform an elaborate set-up, leaking the fake story to a journalist, predicting the actions of said journalist or possibly hacking the journalist's communications to the extent of being able to shut down the alternate accounts right when Colangelo is informed of them, also having contacts inside the organization to be able to leak inside information, tracking Colangelo's location to mock being in the same place as him multiple times over multiple years....

Occam's razor, Hanlon's razor, take your pick. But the scenario to explain this away as a set-up is more far-fetched than the alternative.

Now, it could also be the Ringer just making crap up. Also a simple explanation. But doesn't seem likely when you consider the implications of being caught doing that as a journalist.
                          As scams go, what you detailed above isn't especially elaborate. Occam's Razor tells me that the culprit is much more likely to be a twenty-something smart ass with a lot of time on their hands, rather than a 50 year old millionaire executive gaining absolutely nothing from this.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

We've also had social media long enough to know that "tone" goes right out the window when people have online anonymity. The joke about Internet trolls being 300 pound incels in mom's basement is that they aren't - Internet trolls are just everyday assholes who finally have the anonymity to let it all hang out.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• What if Cavs had something to do with BC story? I'm just saying...

Comment

As scams go, what you detailed above isn't especially elaborate. Occam's Razor tells me that the culprit is much more likely to be a twenty-something smart ass with a lot of time on their hands, rather than a 50 year old millionaire executive gaining absolutely nothing from this.
                                I don't think hed do it to "gain" anything. We'd be naive to think colangelo is the only famous person online anonymously defending themselves one Twitter battle at a time.

He's obviously become quite insecure since being fired from Toronto, ujiri becoming so admired so soon after, then replacing hinkie..like really coming before ujiri and after hinkie, is there 2 gms more universally praised? And then the shirt collar memes...lol
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X