• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/o to the Knicks

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Oh, Drakey boy...

Comment

• If found innocent, Colangelo doesn't deserve to get fired.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          If found innocent, Colangelo doesn't deserve to get fired.

He should be fired if his wife is running those accounts.

Clearly they were having pillow talks about private NBA shit.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            If found innocent, Colangelo doesn't deserve to get fired.

What's "innocent"? It might not be his burner accounts.. but it could have been his wife's or dad's or aunt/uncle/cousin/next door neighbor.. doesn't matter if he's related or has close connections to them. And that account revealed some stuff that nobody should know about outside of close Philly circles.

No player or agent is going to trust Bryan going forward. And that puts the team in jeopardy. It sucks if he really didn't know about it.. but you also have to be careful who you tell your secrets to.

If this was Masai and someone he knew.. I'd want Masai fired too.

Comment

• It's tough, every job other than like vague yet menacing government agencies talk to their wife about the job, and I don't know if it's fair to hold Colangelo responsible for his wife's actions.

That said, life isn't fair. Colangelo is going to get fired for this unless it was a complete scam, and that sucks for him.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                It's tough, every job other than like vague yet menacing government agencies talk to their wife about the job, and I don't know if it's fair to hold Colangelo responsible for his wife's actions.

That said, life isn't fair. Colangelo is going to get fired for this unless it was a complete scam, and that sucks for him.
                Actually a lot of jobs have non-disclosure agreements, where you're not even allowed to give pertinent information to family members. Idk if that's the case for an NBA GM but I imagine it is considering how sensitive some of that info is. If that's the case and he gave his wife that information then it's perfectly reasonable for them to fire him tbh.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                  Actually a lot of jobs have non-disclosure agreements, where you're not even allowed to give pertinent information to family members. Idk if that's the case for an NBA GM but I imagine it is considering how sensitive some of that info is. If that's the case and he gave his wife that information then it's perfectly reasonable for them to fire him tbh.
                  Even if it's not written up in the contract, a situation like this is grounds for dismissal regardless. You just can't allow something like this to happen as the face of a half-billion dollar corporation.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    Absolutely. Publicly traded companies are especially hard-ass on insider disclosures, which is strongly enforced by the SEC (i.e. the government). Unless you can prove you were talking in your sleep.... you're going to jail.

Comment

• I know, self-plug and all, but I wrote on the front page about why I think it's DeMar's offensive limitations, not defensive limitations, that are the reason the Raptors might want to move on:

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2018...or-big-change/
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Even if it's not written up in the contract, a situation like this is grounds for dismissal regardless. You just can't allow something like this to happen as the face of a half-billion dollar corporation.
                        I think your valuation is pretty low. Sixers gotta be worth a billion dollars
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I think your valuation is pretty low. Sixers gotta be worth a billion dollars
                          You are totally right. Looked it up, every team in the league is valuated at $1B or more now. Philly's at $1.2B.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            You are totally right. Looked it up, every team in the league is valuated at $1B or more now. Philly's at $1.2B.
                            I challenged danH on numbers and came out unscathed. That's irrational confidence like when a JR smith ill advised deep 3 hits nothing but net

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Absolutely. Publicly traded companies are especially hard-ass on insider disclosures, which is strongly enforced by the SEC (i.e. the government). Unless you can prove you were talking in your sleep.... you're going to jail.
                              Right. I'm just saying practically that most people do typically trust their spouses with information like that. And if they get burned, absolutely they pay the consequences of it.

Assuming Bryan knew nothing of his wife's twitter accounts, I both believe he should be fired but that he also really didn't do anything wrong.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                Right. I'm just saying practically that most people do typically trust their spouses with information like that. And if they get burned, absolutely they pay the consequences of it.

Assuming Bryan knew nothing of his wife's twitter accounts, I both believe he should be fired but that he also really didn't do anything wrong.
                                I have a very very hard time believing Bryan wouldn't know about his wife making posts under a pseudonym. They seem to have a close relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X