This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Maybe to help off load Norm's contract. Can bring back a larger contract in a trade, assuming Masai wants to deal Norm before/during the draft.

But, we're paying a lot of tax if we bring the band back. So something will have to give.. and the TPE is only really useful if we want to increase our payroll not decrease it.
    Yeah, we may use them mechanically to help a deal happen, but we almost certainly will not use the TPEs in the traditional "add salary" way they tend to be used.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• So does Colangelo leaving mean that it's more likely Philly will cut bait on Fultz to try to get them a player that can help them now?
      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
        So does Colangelo leaving mean that it's more likely Philly will cut bait on Fultz to try to get them a player that can help them now?
        Depends if they can land Lebron or Paul George in free agency otherwise they can afford to wait a bit longer.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
          So does Colangelo leaving mean that it's more likely Philly will cut bait on Fultz to try to get them a player that can help them now?
          Hopefully!

All going according to plan. Now David Griffin comes in as GM, brings LeBron there, and trades Fultz+ for Lowry.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Season finale.. lots of Raptors stuff in this one.

Great episode

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Season finale.. lots of Raptors stuff in this one.

Great episode
              Damn, I knew that was coming. Luckily Colangelo helped relieved some of the blow with his own debacle, thanks BC.

I think the Drake era in T.O is coming to an end...

The writers for this episode did their homework, after all the look at JV'S face as he was pouring the wine suggests the writers knew about the Wasaga beach incident a few years back.

Comment

• Pipe dream, but nice.....

Raptors Mentioned As Potential Dark-horse For LeBron James

"Houston has been linked a lot," said Haynes. "I've been told that's not a realistic option.

"Philly of course, that's legit.

"The Lakers are still in play but they're not as hot as it was before, but you're going to grant Magic Johnson a meeting. You're going to do that and listen. The Lakers have been setting up for two years for this summer.

"Then I'm going to throw out a dark horse, the Toronto Raptors. And let's not overlook the Boston Celtics. I think the Celtics are in that realm with Golden State where if Boston reached out and said 'We're serious', LeBron would listen."

Haynes then added that the Celtics having Kyrie Irving on the roster would be problematic.
                https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...r-LeBron-James

Comment

• Lol
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Pipe dream, but nice.....

LeBron will tear his acl and mcl after signing with us. We can't have nice things.

Comment

Lebron James isn’t walking through that door.

Comment

is there a more perfect narrative out there for him right now than to join up with toronto and help us finally vanquish the cavs?

i think not

Comment

• I know LBJ here would instantly put us on championship territory, and that would be awesome, but I couldn't help but feel kinda dirty if that happened. I would remember the in-game fake beer drinking, the spinning the ball in front of Ibaka then draining a 3, and all the stuff from this year. It would almost feel like a team version of the Kevin Durant cupcake move. Like, he would make the team great of course , but I almost rather beat the son of a gun instead

Comment

• Handicapping the Lebron Sweepstakes feels quite different than it did only a couple of weeks ago.

The New Look version have Cleveland is better built for the regular season than it was with the aging Wade crew, but BronGonnaBron is the only reason this crew made it to the finals, which, given the weak East, doesn't inspire a lot of hope for immediate future success. They do have young talent, but Cleveland does not really develop young talent quickly, so if Lebron stays, they're still a couple years away from being at current-day GSW level. Nevertheless, they're still the default option, because leaving (again) is not going to sit well the city of Cleveland and its fans, nor with elements of the national media, and Lebron won't leave unless he's sure the pastures are greener.

Philly has more talent than Cleveland, and should be more of an appealing destination than it is, but the players need more time together and more seasoning than they've gotten in one year of playing good basketball together. Lebron could accelerate the process of the Process, but Philly is still a couple years away from winning a championship even with Lebron. And with team management becoming an embarrassment to the organization, there are other good reasons to be gun shy.

LA is definitely a win-later option even with Paul George (because it's in the West), but is worth mentioning as the best win-later option because Lebron is looking to transition into the west.

Lebron's best win-now options are definitely sign-and-trades, but I don't see Cleveland agreeing to that unless Lebron uses the option of signing in elsewhere and Cleveland losing him for nothing effectively as leverage, and probably not even then. Boston, as noted, would be a good cultural fit, but I don't see any good sign and trade options from a Cleveland perspective. Utah and OKC are intriguing options in the west.

Demar + additional salary + a future 1st for a S+T'ed Lebron actually makes a lot of sense for all sides but I can't actually see it happening, because it makes the one eastern team whose number Cleveland has had recently in playoffs much much stronger, and it probably takes Cleveland out of the finals conversation altogether for next year. I'll still allow myself to dream about this possibility a little, but I've already accepted the reality that the best return we are likely to do if we trade Derozan is a pick and multiple pieces, which puts us in a better position for the future but lowers our ceiling in the present.

Comment

• If the Raptors were going to trade DeMar for a young player, does anyone think Buddy Hield might be a good target? Sac seems like one of those teams that might be looking for a proven all star to lead their young players.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                If the Raptors were going to trade DeMar for a young player, does anyone think Buddy Hield might be a good target? Sac seems like one of those teams that might be looking for a proven all star to lead their young players.
                                Hield & their pick? Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X