This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    Lot of moving parts here but If the Griz want to get rid of Parson and Denver wants to get rid of Faried:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9pvusxo

Basically to Toronto : #4 pick, Jamal Murray, Trey Lyles, Faried, Parsons

To Memphis: Miles, Herangomez (from Denver), MBealsey (from Denver), M. Richardson (from Toronto), McKinnie (from Toronto)

To Denver: DeMar DeRozan

Why for each team: The Griz want to get out from underneath Parsons contract, they get half the money coming back in the trade but easily moveable contracts. They give up the 4th pick as reported.

Denver gets an established All-star to go along with Milsap, Jokic, and Harris, plus they get rid of Farieds contract and keep their draft pick. Originally reports indicate that 14th and Faried is up for grabs. Getting a 4 time Allstar with good young pieces plus a shitty contract isn't unheard of.

Toronto gets Jamal Murray, Trey Lyles to add to their young core, plus the 4th pick in the draft. Parsons and Faried would be filler for a couple years but there's a lot of young talent on cheap contracts to develop in that time. Jamal Murray, VV, Wright back court makes Kyle expendable or you can try to run with a 2 point guard line up like we have in the past.
    I don't see that happening.. that's a full rebuild strategy and from Nurse's presser yesterday it feels like they are more committed to trying to win it all than to take a step back. Murray/Lyles/#4 with two bad contracts is a tank move.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I don't see that happening.. that's a full rebuild strategy and from Nurse's presser yesterday it feels like they are more committed to trying to win it all than to take a step back. Murray/Lyles/#4 with two bad contracts is a tank move.
      The Raptors may well be better after that deal, even next year.

I do think to make the deal happen, it won't be McKinnie and Richardson but something including Poeltl as an actual value prospect in the deal, possibly Wright as well. Depends what prospect is there at 4 they are targeting, but either way Memphis will need more value than just some salary reduction.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The problem for Memphis with that trade is they're just using the number 4 pick to turn Parsons' contract into expirings, which is an expensive price to pay for just one year of salary relief.

I don't buy Memphis will want Derozan, my instinct is their trying to trade down for future assets. If they're smart they realize they're going to lose their first round pick in the next few years right as they're about to become very bad. If they can get the number 9 pick and a 2019 unprotected first from the Knicks, for instance, I think that's much more what they're searching for.

Plus I'm really not sure the Raptors want this number 4 for Derozan and Parsons trade. The draft looks iffy at the top end to me anyways, and number 4 picks are more likely to be a player like Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters or Cody Zeller than they are to be Russell Westbrook or even Mike Conley.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          The Raptors may well be better after that deal, even next year.

I do think to make the deal happen, it won't be McKinnie and Richardson but something including Poeltl as an actual value prospect in the deal, possibly Wright as well. Depends what prospect is there at 4 they are targeting, but either way Memphis will need more value than just some salary reduction.
          Ya this works out a lot better after July 1st. Denver could absorb some salary and not give up all there affordable contracts. But I agree The pieces moved to Memphis might have to be more substantial.

I agree with you, Toronto might be actually better with Murray and Lyles and whoever is there at 4. They would still have a playoff team with an eye on the future after Serg and Lowry expire two years from now.

You also have to remember after this year those big contracts get easier to move because they are expiring.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            The problem for Memphis with that trade is they're just using the number 4 pick to turn Parsons' contract into expirings, which is an expensive price to pay for just one year of salary relief.

I don't buy Memphis will want Derozan, my instinct is their trying to trade down for future assets. If they're smart they realize they're going to lose their first round pick in the next few years right as they're about to become very bad. If they can get the number 9 pick and a 2019 unprotected first from the Knicks, for instance, I think that's much more what they're searching for.

Plus I'm really not sure the Raptors want this number 4 for Derozan and Parsons trade. The draft looks iffy at the top end to me anyways, and number 4 picks are more likely to be a player like Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters or Cody Zeller than they are to be Russell Westbrook or even Mike Conley.
            My trade didn’t have DeMar going to Memphis, but of course they would want him. They haven’t had a history of attracting All-star free agents, Conley and Gasol are in win now mode. It’s the deal that fits their timeline if they are keeping those guys. As a raptors fan I don’t want that trade

Comment

My trade didn’t have DeMar going to Memphis, but of course they would want him. They haven’t had a history of attracting All-star free agents, Conley and Gasol are in win now mode. It’s the deal that fits their timeline if they are keeping those guys. As a raptors fan I don’t want that trade
              My first paragraph was addressing your trade.

Maybe they feel like they're losing their first round pick next year, so they might as well take a shot at this season, but if you think the current Raptors are going nowhere, a team with Gasol, Conley, and Demar and bad spare parts in the West is going even more nowhere (5-6 seed maybe). And that's if everyone stays healthy. If Conley gets hurt again, you may end up both bad, not getting that number 4 pick this year, and then transferring the number 11 or 12 pick to Boston and not having a pick again next year.

Maybe all they care about is being mediocre and bringing in playoff revenue, but trading number 4 for Demar feels like an avenue to become Pistons West.

I still think the best Demar/Lowry trade is to look where Lebron goes. That's where the value for a star player for young parts is going to be.

Comment

• DD for Parsons and #4 plus some other sweetener like a 2nd round pick is realistic.

I can't even read these trade ideas with 3 teams and a young superstar in the making like Murray being sent to us, just no fucking way it's gonna happen. It's as crazy as the Ibaka + Norm for #4 pick deal, why the fuck would Memphis want dog shit players for their top 5 pick?

The Clippers just hired Kalamian who is very close with Derozan. Derozan is from LA, so a trade with them makes sense.

The clippers have the #12 and #13 pick. They also have decent players to make the money work.

Derozan for #12 pick, their 2019 1st, Tobias Harris and Boban Marjanovic.

That works money wise and nets us 2 1st round picks plus 2 useful players on reasonable deals.

The players could also be changed to Gallinari and Dekker and the money still works.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Wut? That's not a full rebuild at all. Murray is a rising star, entering his 3rd year. Lyles is entering his 4th. We're not talking about rookies here, we're talking about young players who are developing into young vets. I would actually take Murray for Derozan straight up, but I doubt Denver would do it. They're pretty high on him. Murray is clutch and mentally tough.... exactly what Demar lacks. Equally soft on D, though.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    DD for Parsons and #4 plus some other sweetener like a 2nd round pick is realistic.

I can't even read these trade ideas with 3 teams and a young superstar in the making like Murray being sent to us, just no fucking way it's gonna happen. It's as crazy as the Ibaka + Norm for #4 pick deal, why the fuck would Memphis want dog shit players for their top 5 pick?

The Clippers just hired Kalamian who is very close with Derozan. Derozan is from LA, so a trade with them makes sense.

The clippers have the #12 and #13 pick. They also have decent players to make the money work.

That works money wise and nets us 2 1st round picks plus 2 useful players on reasonable deals.

The players could also be changed to Gallinari and Dekker and the money still works.
                    I think the Clippers are headed for a rebuild though, if not necessarily a full tank. With where their franchise is they won't want to give up 2 first round picks for someone who is most likely outside of their timeline.

If anything they may trade that package or both 12 and 13 to move up in the draft, not out of it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I don’t think LA has their first next year, it goes to Boston. So it would have to be 2021.

Comment

• I would think any deal with LAC starts and ends with Harris and both 13 and 14.

I do think the Clips are hoping to keep winning and stay in the playoffs. And DeMar would be a nice hometown get for them.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• This is kind of funny. The Celtics could have 4 first round picks next year:

1. Their own
                          2. The 76ers/ Kings pick

Then these two lovely Jeff Green nuggets:
                          1. Memphis first round pick (top 12 protected) which they acquired by trading Memphis Jeff Green
                          2. Memphis then traded Jeff Green to the Clippers for their protected first round pick - which Memphis then traded straight back to Boston for the rights to Deyonta Davis

Jeff Green, he gave the Celtics so much, then took it all away by randomly scoring 19 on them in a Game 7.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Wut? That's not a full rebuild at all. Murray is a rising star, entering his 3rd year. Lyles is entering his 4th. We're not talking about rookies here, we're talking about young players who are developing into young vets. I would actually take Murray for Derozan straight up, but I doubt Denver would do it. They're pretty high on him. Murray is clutch and mentally tough.... exactly what Demar lacks. Equally soft on D, though.
                            I read the trade wrong.. was thinking both Lowry and DeMar were being moved.

Comment

I don’t think LA has their first next year, it goes to Boston. So it would have to be 2021.
                              Yup.. they can't be out two draft picks in consecutive years. So they can't move both 2018 picks since the 2019 pick could end up with Boston.

Comment

• I think one of the issues we are going to face is that there will be a lot of competition for some of these juicy assets. Might be wise to temper expectations...

Comment

Working...
                                X