This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    The trade talk would start and end there, he's the only player on all 3 teams mentioned (LAL, LAC, NYK) that is remotely worth trading Kawhi for.
    You don't think an Ingram-Ball package would be good enough? I think that's a really good return for San Antonio, it would be tempting to do it anyways to avoid a potentially injury prone Kawhi's supermax.
    That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      I mean if Bargnani is worth the Number 9 pick, then Kawhi has to be, right?
      This made me laugh. LOL

Comment

• Could we get into the market for Leonard? If he wants to play in a big city, for a winning team, why not Toronto?

And before you ask, I'd be open to trading Demar for him.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Is Zinger able to play at all next year? Saw a report saying he might miss the entire year. I know it's Zinger but by the end of the year his contract ends. So not sure a team like SA would want that. I mean what if he doesn't heal right and isn't the same guy he used to be?
          He's out for the rest of the year i think.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Is Zinger able to play at all next year? Saw a report saying he might miss the entire year. I know it's Zinger but by the end of the year his contract ends. So not sure a team like SA would want that. I mean what if he doesn't heal right and isn't the same guy he used to be?
            That's what team doctors and physicals are for. If you're comfortable that he will heal properly then you trade for him. He'll be restricted when his contract is up so they'd be keeping him for sure on a max deal.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Could we get into the market for Leonard? If he wants to play in a big city, for a winning team, why not Toronto?

Players don't have a good understanding of how big a market Toronto actually is. For some reason they see it in the same vein as Minneapolis. And New York and LA have a US national spotlight in a way that Toronto doesn't. I think Americans would be shocked to know that the Canadian Sports market is big too, we're at like 10 different sports channels going between the two networks at this point. This isn't a small localized FS Cleveland thing.

Comment

You don't think an Ingram-Ball package would be good enough? I think that's a really good return for San Antonio, it would be tempting to do it anyways to avoid a potentially injury prone Kawhi's supermax.
                Ingram and Ball aren't very good, so no, I don't think that would be enough. Just because they were drafted high doesn't mean they're good players. Both suck at defense and are pretty shit on offense too.

Comment

Could we get into the market for Leonard? If he wants to play in a big city, for a winning team, why not Toronto?

DD and OG is probably what we'd have to send them, maybe a future pick too.

Comment

• To me it says a thousand words when you demand out of San Antonio, claim it's only about "betrayal"..and then only want go to "LA or new York"

San Antonio has the best culture in the NBA but one of the smallest cities. Lakers and Knicks have two of the worst cultures in the NBA but sexy glamour cities.

Yeah sure nothing to see here, just wants to win and not be betrayed.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      To me it says a thousand words when you demand out of San Antonio, claim it's only about "betrayal"..and then only want go to "LA or new York"

San Antonio has the best culture in the NBA but one of the smallest cities. Lakers and Knicks have two of the worst cultures in the NBA but sexy glamour cities.

Yeah sure nothing to see here, just wants to win and not be betrayed.
                      It will be the Melo trade all over again if the Knicks send Porzingis and any other good players and assets they have to the Spurs for Kawhi.

Comment

• I assume SA is still a win-now team.. even with Ginobili possibly retiring. They still have Gasol and LMA. Parker is a free agent but, SA has been in the playoffs for like 20+ years.

So I don't think a Ball/Ingram package would do anything for them. But if they do give up Kwahi for some young guys I could see LMA being moved next.

This is why I love the NBA.. big names are always moving around.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          Ingram and Ball aren't very good, so no, I don't think that would be enough. Just because they were drafted high doesn't mean they're good players. Both suck at defense and are pretty shit on offense too.
                          Ingram scored 16 ppg shooting 47% from the field last year and improved substantially on defense. He's also only 20 years old.

Lonzo Ball is also 20 and averaged more than 7 assists per game as a rookie. His shooting and defense needs work but he performed almost exactly to expectations as the number 2 pick in the draft.

They aren't anywhere near busts at this point, they're both on their expected curves and both still have a shot at being superstars.

EDIT: A package of Ball and Ingram are a MUCH more attractive package than Derozan and OG.
                          Last edited by Other Scott; Fri Jun 15, 2018, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Players don't have a good understanding of how big a market Toronto actually is. For some reason they see it in the same vein as Minneapolis. And New York and LA have a US national spotlight in a way that Toronto doesn't. I think Americans would be shocked to know that the Canadian Sports market is big too, we're at like 10 different sports channels going between the two networks at this point. This isn't a small localized FS Cleveland thing.
                            I was more just asking if Masai could weasel his way into the trade talks. He's good at that.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I was more just asking if Masai could weasel his way into the trade talks. He's good at that.
                              In order for the trade to be worth while, then Masai would have to be confident in his abilities to to talk Kawhi into signing an extension. He's going to be bidding against teams that have that assurity and thus can feel confident offering more than they otherwise would. So the price is going to be high, too high for a rental.

Comment

Ingram scored 16 ppg shooting 47% from the field last year and improved substantially on defense. He's also only 20 years old.

Lonzo Ball is also 20 and averaged more than 7 assists per game as a rookie. His shooting and defense needs work but he performed almost exactly to expectations as the number 2 pick in the draft.

They aren't anywhere near busts at this point, they're both on their expected curves and both still have a shot at being superstars.

EDIT: A package of Ball and Ingram are a MUCH more attractive package than Derozan and OG.
                                That depends on the direction of your team. Derozan and OG Would keep San Antonio in the conversation. Only one of those 4 players is a top 25 NBA player
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X