Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if Pops wants potential.. they might be better off grabbing a draft pick. Like do the Parsons + #4 deal we are hoping Masai uses for DeMar. I'm sure Sacramento wouldn't mind giving up #2 for Kwahi either.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Does SA want prospects or win now guys? They still have Gasol and LMA on their roster. Pops seems like a win now type of guy to me. That's really what it comes down to.

Ball/Ingram have potential but they are not win now guys.
      Thats a good point. But can they win now if they trade their superstar?

Comment

• The Spurs btw have Dejounte Murray, who's a damn good PG. Don't think they'd be interested in Ball.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Shaq.
          So 1996..nuff said. 22 years and counting

Tick, tick, tick...

That's why I say passing at chances at real star players in fear of them fleeing for LA is a fools errand. We're all willing to suck for 5 years to have a lottery ball give us a crack at a teenager? Well when there's a ready made star available, you go for it.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Truth Teller wrote: View Post
            Uhh they won 47 last year and beat golden State in a playoff game, with neither kawhi nor demar. They're not gonna tear it all down, that team is a machine that keeps chugging on its system alone. See: patriots, new england

Comment

They were in the playoffs out West without Kwahi for practically all year. Substitute him for DeMar and yeah they will be a playoff team. Also have to remember that SA is a small market town. Getting into the playoffs == $$$.

Pops does not seem like a guy that would prefer tanking/rebuilding.

Now DeMar may not be the right type of guy they would want either. But they might like him better than a bunch of prospects.

Comment

• ESPN has a take (7 best Kwahi deals they would like to see):
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...spurs-make-nba

Destination: Toronto Raptors
                Raptors get: Kawhi Leonard and Rudy Gay

Spurs get: DeMar DeRozan, OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam

Note: Get the full list of Raptors trades here

André Snellings: The Raptors aren't good enough as currently constituted, and LeBron is their personal kryptonite (if he stays in the East). DeRozan's game is built on driving and the midrange, and LeBron is just bigger and stronger, with the ability to prevent him from doing what he wants to do.

Leonard, on the other hand, is much bigger and athletic enough to go at LeBron one-on-one. Plus, Leonard is a legit top-five MVP candidate when healthy. Even if he won't commit to Toronto long term, it's worth the swing for a Finals run. (Gay would need to opt into his $8.8 million contract for this trade to work).

In return, the Spurs get an excellent scoring wing in DeRozan as a lieutenant to LaMarcus Aldridge, and both Anunoby and Siakam are young talents who fit the Spurs' mold. Coach Gregg Popovich could likely turn them into borderline stars.

Comment

• The things I would do to have a Lowry, DeRozan, Leonard, Siakam, Ibaka lineup.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

You guys are underrating Ball because of how much noise surrounding him (due to his father). Ball averaged 11, 7 and 7 in his first year. Those are very good rookie numbers. His FT shooting was awful, but he shot 31% from 3 and 45% from the field which is so-so.
                    Yeaahh, I think in today's NBA if you're a guard shooting 31% from deep that's quite low, especially if you factor in the FT% as a predictor of 3P shot development. Sure he's a rookie, there's always room to improve, but right now I don't think this is the kind of player the Spurs would target.

Comment

You guys are underrating Ball because of how much noise surrounding him (due to his father). Ball averaged 11, 7 and 7 in his first year. Those are very good rookie numbers. His FT shooting was awful, but he shot 31% from 3 and 45% from the field which is so-so.
                      Where did the 45% from the field come from? Lonzo shot 36% from the field. That's terrible. 45% FT shooting is crazy bad and a major red flag.... 10X worse for a point guard.

Comment

ESPN has a take (7 best Kwahi deals they would like to see):
                        This is palatable if Kawhi stays. Now if it's just for a rental that hasn't played in almost a year and it's coming off a mysterious injury, I'm not including OG around that.

Comment

• Lonzo to me projects to be Rondo, except he comes with the baggage of the NBAs Kardashian family

Comment

ESPN has a take (7 best Kwahi deals they would like to see):
                            That is a bit rough. Losing OG and Siakam?

OG may never be as good as Kawhi, but ideally you would want to pair them on the wings. That would be a defensive nightmare for other teams. And on top of it you give up Siakam, our other most versatile defender?

And no guarantee Kawhi stays, or healthy (because who knows what the actual fuck is going on with him). Also, Rudy Gay again? Don't really want that.

I would see if you can make the deal happen with Poeltl instead of OG. Even throw in a 1st rounder as well. Basically try to do anything to not give up OG in the deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to say Nash but he was 35 at the time. He did have suitors including Toronto and NY though.
                              Yeah and Malone and Payton both signed as free agents, but they were kind of in the same category as Nash in terms of superstars on the down end of their careers.

But keep in mind with the Lakers, that if a superstar wanted to come in the past they'd have to deal with Kobe as a teammate, which is a less than exciting prospect.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• I am never wrong 3 names get one MU. If you can get all 3 lord have mercy

Isaac bonga
                                Keita Bates diop
                                Donte divincenzo

I would trade any player on this team to get the draft picks to get those players
                                Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Jun 15, 2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X