This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    He's a horrendous shooter but he's still a much better player than OG.

There's more to basketball than shooting.
    If you're that bad at shooting you're a complete liability on offense, no one needs to guard your shot and they can foul you at will because they know you'll miss the FTs. That's very very bad to have in a PG and I don't see any team having success with him running the offense.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      If you're that bad at shooting you're a complete liability on offense, no one needs to guard your shot and they can foul you at will because they know you'll miss the FTs. That's very very bad to have in a PG and I don't see any team having success with him running the offense.
      Magic Johnson wasn't a great shooter either, is OG a better player than him too?

Also, Lonzo is only 19, you don't think he'll improve his shot? Lowry was a horrendous shooter when he first entered the league. Look at him now.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

OG has been playing ball a lot less time than Lonzo. He was also the 5th option on a 59 game winner whereas lonzo was featured with the ball on an awful team.

I think it's too soon to call. OG could end up being ron artest with a little more offense.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Magic Johnson wasn't a great shooter either, is OG a better player than him too?

Also, Lonzo is only 19, you don't think he'll improve his shot? Lowry was a horrendous shooter when he first entered the league. Look at him now.
          Magic Johnson was a fantastic shooter, what the hell are you talking about? His TS% was over .600 every season except for 3, where he shot .581, .582, annd .590 which are still excellent shooting numbers.

He's a career 52% FG and 85% FT.

Lowry had a .556 TS% his first season, way way better than Ball, he's never shot anywhere close to as bad as Ball.

Comment

Yes, there's more to basketball than shooting, like defence and athleticism for instance. Is Ball a better defender than OG I wonder. If you're a point guard shooting less than 31% from 3, less than 50% from FT and 36% from the field you better be in the Defensive player of the year conversation to be considered "much better" than OG imo. Granted, shooting can improve, but if you're the starting point guard on a team where you're one of the main offensive options with the ball on your hand a lot, that's not looking good right now.

Comment

• Funny~ so hows Wright worse than FVV lool
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                Yes, there's more to basketball than shooting, like defence and athleticism for instance. Is Ball a better defender than OG I wonder. If you're a point guard shooting less than 31% from 3, less than 50% from FT and 36% from the field you better be in the Defensive player of the year conversation to be considered "much better" than OG imo. Granted, shooting can improve, but if you're the starting point guard on a team where you're one of the main offensive options with the ball on your hand a lot, that's not looking good right now.
                He's 20 years old and has terrific court vision and passing skill, which is something you can't teach. Let him live.
                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                  He's 20 years old and has terrific court vision and passing skill, which is something you can't teach. Let him live.
                  Blame his dad for overrating him by comparing him to Curry, Magic etc. and putting a target on his son's back. Either way, Lonzo had a terrible season, wasn't even the best rookie on his team. Of course, he'll improve, but because of his dad and being a high pick, its either superstar or bust for Lonzo.

Comment

Oh sure, he's only a rookie, he's got a lot of potential and room to grow, like any other rookie. I just think that when you look at these %'s , for a point guard no less, as well as his defence compared to OG, to say he's "much better" than OG at this point is a bit of stretch to say the least. There's a lot of hype around Lonzo, and I actually feel bad for him because of that. He's got a lot of work ahead of him if he is to live up to all the hype that was put on him. But hey, he's got time, we'll see.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
                      Oh sure, he's only a rookie, he's got a lot of potential and room to grow, like any other rookie. I just think that when you look at these %'s , for a point guard no less, as well as his defence compared to OG, to say he's "much better" than OG at this point is a bit of stretch to say the least. There's a lot of hype around Lonzo, and I actually feel bad for him because of that. He's got a lot of work ahead of him if he is to live up to all the hype that was put on him. But hey, he's got time, we'll see.
                      A "much better" prospect is different from being better now. OG is better now I would say without a doubt. If Lonzo could ever develop a shot, which is traditionally something players can develop in the NBA, then he has the potential to be special.
                      That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Rubio with better rebounding.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I been to Indiana u have to have trouble to get shot. As we say “he made the news”

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Randolph got caught selling a ton of weed WHILE BEING AN NBA MILLIONAIRE. Can't say I'm shocked

RIP tho
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A "much better" prospect is different from being better now. OG is better now I would say without a doubt. If Lonzo could ever develop a shot, which is traditionally something players can develop in the NBA, then he has the potential to be special.
                                Oh yeah if we want to speculate "what if's" and "what he could become" then yeah, the sky is the limit. For both of them. The quote was Lonzo is a much better player than OG, didn't say anything about prospect. Personally, if I'm the Spurs and I see the Lakers dangling Lonzo, I say thank you very much but I'm not gambling on a point guard that makes less than half of his FT's, commands no respect from 3, and it's not exactly a lockdown guy on D. But yeah, he can pass the ball and is only 20, no argument there. There's potential, just need to convert it in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X