Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure why any team other than Clips or Lakers would give up assets for Kawhi at this point. He's basically telling all other teams that he only wants to play for one of the LA teams. Can't believe he's screwing the Spurs over like this.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure why any team other than Clips or Lakers would give up assets for Kawhi at this point. He's basically telling all other teams that he only wants to play for one of the LA teams. Can't believe he's screwing the Spurs over like this.
      A lot of that is coming from his camp not Kawhi himself. Apparently he has yet to even talk to the Spurs directly on this matter. But Paul George was saying similar stuff last year.. and got traded to OKC not LA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        A lot of that is coming from his camp not Kawhi himself. Apparently he has yet to even talk to the Spurs directly on this matter. But Paul George was saying similar stuff last year.. and got traded to OKC not LA.
        If he chooses to have his reps speak for him and act on his behalf then he becomes responsible for those words and actions. Ultimately, he makes the decisions and if his decision is to delegate the decisions to someone else then he has to wear that.

The biggest problem was his choice not to show up for the playoffs. He could have said, 'look I'm hurt and can't play' and probably even, 'I want out,' but not even showing up to support your teammates was a mistake. What it costs him, if anything at all, remains to be seen but, if nothing else, it damaged his reputation needlessly.

Comment

His camp speaks for him though. Seems to me like he's too embarrassed to face Pop, himself. With George, it was him telling everyone where he wanted to go and if he ends up in LA next season then OKC gave up a lot and lost out which is exactly what any team putting together a package for Kawhi is risking.

Comment

• Spurs without Gay and Kawhi? They'll desperately want a wing now.

Comment

Spurs without Gay and Kawhi? They'll desperately want a wing now.
              That's a weird choice by Gay. I'd think the MLE is the absolute best case, and he very much risks getting a deal that TOTALS less than the $9M he was already owed.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                That's a weird choice by Gay. I'd think the MLE is the absolute best case, and he very much risks getting a deal that TOTALS less than the $9M he was already owed.
                Spurs glory days seem to be numbered. Abandon ship!

Comment

Spurs without Gay and Kawhi? They'll desperately want a wing now.
                  I'm sure some team that misses out on LBJ, Kawhi, PG will make him an offer. He can still score the ball.

Comment

I'm sure some team that misses out on LBJ, Kawhi, PG will make him an offer. He can still score the ball.
                    It would have to be some old school front office or a team like the Spurs that can make anybody look good, because the analytics revolution was not kind to Rudy Gay.

Comment

• It could also be that Gay is just looking for a long term deal. He may not be liking the idea of playing in China for the rest of his career. Also with Kawhi leaving this could put pressure on the Spurs to renegotiate a new contract with better terms for Gay.

Comment

It could also be that Gay is just looking for a long term deal. He may not be liking the idea of playing in China for the rest of his career. Also with Kawhi leaving this could put pressure on the Spurs to renegotiate a new contract with better terms for Gay.
                        Or maybe the Spurs are going full blown tank mode now? There was another report saying they're trying to dump Pau Gasol.

Comment

Can he?

He averaged 11.5 PPG last year. Right between Domantas Sabonis and Joe Ingles. He had a 54% TS% (below league average), meaning he threw up a 25% usage to get those 11 points. He shot 31% from three.

You may be right that some dumb team throws some money at him. But if I were him, I would not be betting on it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Or maybe the Spurs are going full blown tank mode now? There was another report saying they're trying to dump Pau Gasol.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• so I don't follow drafts anymore. Somebody can tell me about this kid?
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X