This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Firing Dwane Casey only to replace him with his assistant and trade Kyle Lowry for a Kentucky PG would be some next level trolling.
    4:02 PM · Jun 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1008802207536328705
    How is it trolling? the core of this team couldn't get it done that's why Casey got fired. And oh Lowry, just like his buddy DeRozan keeps disappearing in the playoffs.

I'm all for trading Lowry for that Kentucky PG.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• And who cares if they take a step back? this team is not winnning anything next season anyway.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        How is it trolling? the core of this team couldn't get it done that's why Casey got fired. And oh Lowry, just like his buddy DeRozan keeps disappearing in the playoffs.

I'm all for trading Lowry for that Kentucky PG.
        Its meant as a joke lol.

You keep sticking Lowry with Derozan, when Lowry actually played well in the Cavs series and in the Playoffs in general.

Comment

Its meant as a joke lol.

You keep sticking Lowry with Derozan, when Lowry actually played well in the Cavs series and in the Playoffs in general.
          I'm not just talking about the Cavs series. I'm talking about his playoff career as a Raptors.

Lowry is just as bad a playoff performer as DeRozan. Maybe worse. And that's a fact.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Lewenberg tweeted that the Raptors have no intention of tanking or taking a step back, but all of these rumors about Shai and trading Lowry for him points to taking a step back.
            I don't believe it. I think all options are on the table. Masai badly wants elite Canadian born players on the Raptors because he thinks they will be loyal to the city/country. He made a bunch of comments about wanting to get Wiggins here eventually as a free agent, when he was drafted. MU now gets a second chance to tank for the best Canadian NBA prospect of all time. Barrett is worth it, IMO.

Comment

Lewenberg tweeted that the Raptors have no intention of tanking or taking a step back, but all of these rumors about Shai and trading Lowry for him points to taking a step back.
              But what is a step back? We have been a chronic playoff underachiever year after year. As many believe, a coaching change is likely not enough to take a step forward. And we will have a hard time improving our core in the short term to make a better run in the next year or two.

And if you wait til next summer, it's hard to imagine finding that kind of value for DeMar and Kyle.

I would be ok trading both to look past next year. Might even still be able to compete for the playoffs next year depending on how new pieces fit and how bad the East is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Its meant as a joke lol.

I know the numbers say he played well, but I didn't find him to be super impressive.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  I don't believe it. I think all options are on the table. Masai badly wants elite Canadian born players on the Raptors because he thinks they will be loyal to the city/country. He made a bunch of comments about wanting to get Wiggins here eventually as a free agent, when he was drafted. MU now gets a second chance to tank for the best Canadian NBA prospect of all time. Barrett is worth it, IMO.
                  There are way too many bad teams in the NBA. 10 out of the 30 teams are terrible.. 5 out of those 10 teams are really terrible. Raptors also play in an easier conference and play 4 times against a lot of easier teams.

I know the lottery is changing but I don't see Masai taking that gamble. If he has his eyes on RJ it will be when he's a free agent just like Wiggins.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    I know the numbers say he played well, but I didn't find him to be super impressive.
                    Because people remember his heroic effort in the 4th qrtr of Game 3. But overall i didn't think he played all that well either. He was a no show in Game 2. And only had 5 points in Game 4.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Lowry is ok most of the time, but he isn't often KLOE in the playoffs. I think the only time he reminded me of that was against Miami after JV went down. JV was carrying them and it was like something clicked in Lowry in the 2nd half of game 3. Old man Wade was starting to take over after JV had built us a nice lead going into the half, and Lowry was just like "fuck this, I'm not losing to old man Wade and a bunch of rejects". He went on to have lots of great games for the rest of that playoff run.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Yeah Josh, because if they were they'd come out with a Babcock like statement about how "we're not going to win a lot of games next year".

Unless a team is obviously going to tank, no team comes and says "we're aiming to be worse next year". And giving up a piece to get a lottery pick doesn't have to mean much, if any, of a step back.

I've been saying for a while that this kid is one I would like to see the Raptors target. If they can get high enough to take him, they probably should.

That's why the "privately" part of Josh's statement is important - even off the record the Raptors are saying they have no plans to trade a significant piece this year for something future based.

Obviously all this goes out the window if a great deal comes along.
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          So this guy is projected to be a top 12 pick.

Options seem to be NY @9, Philly @10, Charlotte @11, LAC @12 or @13 or Denver @14.

Covington + 10 for Lowry?
                          Batum + 11 for DeMar?
                          Harris+12 for DeMar?
                          Farried +14 for ???

Seems like the type of trades that Masai might explore.
                          We'd have 4 PG's if we get this guy (assuming FVV is back) so we need to send one out. Or maybe we don't bring back FVV. If we bring back FVV either Lowry or Wright have to go to make room.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Because people remember his heroic effort in the 4th qrtr of Game 3. But overall i didn't think he played all that well either. He was a no show in Game 2. And only had 5 points in Game 4.
                            The 2 games where no one played well and basically gave the games to the Cavs. I don’t put that on Kyle, but the whole team.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              We'd have 4 PG's if we get this guy (assuming FVV is back) so we need to send one out. Or maybe we don't bring back FVV. If we bring back FVV either Lowry or Wright have to go to make room.
                              DeMar could go too, and you just move Lowry to SG permanently.

Comment

The 2 games where no one played well and basically gave the games to the Cavs. I don’t put that on Kyle, but the whole team.
                                When you're one of the "star" players on the team, you have to lead the way and take charge. You can't have games like that in the playoffs.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X