This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    If we trade Lowry, we'd better be trading DeMar too. If we're gonna take a step back, we should just dive, and DeMar's value is not going up playing a year on a mediocre team. While in the case of moving DeMar, a new style and a fortified defence could actually keep us competitive, so I'd be OK with keeping or moving Lowry in that case.
    No one's value is going up with another season of flaming out in the playoffs, even if we win 50+ games again. So yeah, it just feels like the time is now to cash in on these guys. Do they have to? No, but I really hope they do find deals they like for both.

I could feasibly see each of them netting a lotto pick if teams aren't too wild about this draft.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      - yaaaa I'm not getting my hopes up. I think we'll be disappointed on draft night
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me several times, shame on me.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        It's bizarre to see such a specific leak coming from such a high profile source in Marc Stein. I wonder if one of Dwane's old friends in Dallas is getting some revenge for him.
        If you read this article about the Hawks draft night pursuit of Giannis, you can see that ex-coaches are considered a possible source of leaks.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketbal...fh8CSymQAZjNO/

Given that we've already lost three members of the coaching staff, our ship may be leakier than usual this year.

Comment

• It’s 3 days before the draft and there is so much smoke being blown around right now I’m surprised we haven’t seen a tenforthewin trade quoted as coming from “sources close to the raptors” in a tweet yet.

The Raptors just don’t say anything. Ever. Remember last year when OG showed up and played right out of the gate at training camp without a word or even a syllable from the Raps ? Everyone thought he would start in December.

Ujiri keeps what he is having for lunch on a need to know basis.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jun 18, 2018, 08:44 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            No one's value is going up with another season of flaming out in the playoffs, even if we win 50+ games again. So yeah, it just feels like the time is now to cash in on these guys. Do they have to? No, but I really hope they do find deals they like for both.

I could feasibly see each of them netting a lotto pick if teams aren't too wild about this draft.
            Lowry's, Ibaka's and JV's value may be higher as one year rentals/expirings than now. I don't think the same is true of DeMar.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              It’s 3 days before the draft and there is so much smoke being blown around right now I’m surprised we haven’t seen a tenforthewin trade quoted as coming from “sources close to the raptors” in a tweet yet.

The Raptors just don’t say anything. Ever. Remember last year when OG showed up and played right out of the gate at training camp without a word or even a syllable from the Raps ? Everyone thought he would start in December.

Either that or we're not doing diddly-squat on this draft, which I think is the more likely scenario unfortunately

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                It’s 3 days before the draft and there is so much smoke being blown around right now I’m surprised we haven’t seen a tenforthewin trade quoted as coming from “sources close to the raptors” in a tweet yet.

Memphis cannot trade the 4th pick until draft night. So if that's the piece moving, you won't hear about it until the draft.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                  Memphis cannot trade the 4th pick until draft night. So if that's the piece moving, you won't hear about it until the draft.
                  As I noted above, because of the fluidity of the draft, I suspect there'll be multiple trades of draft picks - teams will be waiting to see if particular players are available etc at a particular pick.

Still one of the annoying (for me, at least) things about the NBA draft - is that the pick will be known to have been traded, yet the player still puts on the hat of the team that drafted him, answers media questions about the team that drafted him, even though he won't be playing for that team.

Comment

Yep. It's actually the opposite. You can be mediocre during the regular season and then have a memorable 2-week stretch in the playoffs when GMs from non-playoff teams are watching, and your value goes through the roof..... like Biyombo.

Comment

Lowry's, Ibaka's and JV's value may be higher as one year rentals/expirings than now. I don't think the same is true of DeMar.
                      Ibaka's will. He won't draw good assets for his play anyway. JV might, especially if he has a good season with more opportunity. But C is the most undervalued position right now.

Lowry I don't agree. More teams might be interested but more reluctant to part with choice assets. I have a very hard time picturing a team trading a mid-late lotto pick for him next year. But now? Cleveland and Philly are playoff teams with lotto picks, and I could see both preferring Lowry to the uncertainty of a young piece.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

If we trade Lowry, we'd better be trading DeMar too. If we're gonna take a step back, we should just dive, and DeMar's value is not going up playing a year on a mediocre team. While in the case of moving DeMar, a new style and a fortified defence could actually keep us competitive, so I'd be OK with keeping or moving Lowry in that case.
                        You really think Lowry's that much better than Demar that without Demar we'll still be competitive, but without Lowry we don't have a chance?
                        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                          You really think Lowry's that much better than Demar that without Demar we'll still be competitive, but without Lowry we don't have a chance?
                          Correct, yes, this is what I think.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Correct, yes, this is what I think.
                            sad but i concur

Comment

• The Kawhi situation is damn weird as hell. Apparently no New York meeting happened, Kawhi hasn't said anything personally, and Popovich isn't gonna deal him unless he does.

Honestly if it's Kawhi's uncle that is influencing him, then Kawhi should take a look at Pop's loyalty to him; because that's a better man for him than his uncle, at least outwardly.

Comment

Ibaka's will. He won't draw good assets for his play anyway. JV might, especially if he has a good season with more opportunity. But C is the most undervalued position right now.

Lowry I don't agree. More teams might be interested but more reluctant to part with choice assets. I have a very hard time picturing a team trading a mid-late lotto pick for him next year. But now? Cleveland and Philly are playoff teams with lotto picks, and I could see both preferring Lowry to the uncertainty of a young piece.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                                Yeah I'm not sure a $33 million expiring for a Lowry who'd be 34 in the 2020 playoffs is going to get us much of anything. It'll be hard enough finding matching salary for that, let alone anyone with cap space.

Comment

Working...
                                X