This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
    If the Spurs ship Leonard, they won't be a contender in the West anyways. So I don't see why they'd care which conference he gets sent to, especially if he's determined to resign in the West anyways.
    SAS is saying to the Owners is about optics. If the Spurs give Leonard what he wants the Owners lose power. So, if the Spurs can get decent value and send him out east then they'll do that. The Celtics can offer a great package and still be loaded for a title run.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      If the Spurs ship Leonard, they won't be a contender in the West anyways. So I don't see why they'd care which conference he gets sent to, especially if he's determined to resign in the West anyways.
      Leonard is screwing the Spurs over pretty hard. If I were the Spurs I would want to screw him over in return for at least the one year provided what is coming back in the trade is equivelant.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        SAS is saying to the Owners is about optics. If the Spurs give Leonard what he wants the Owners lose power. So, if the Spurs can get decent value and send him out east then they'll do that. The Celtics can offer a great package and still be loaded for a title run.
        I understand that.. but in the end it seems Owners always give in to the players demand. Countless examples in the NBA where a star player wants to leave and he gets traded to the place he actually wants to go to. Spurs are a well run organization but even they are vulnerable to it.

This is a stars league and the stars can dictate what they want.

Ainge is not dumb. He'd offer the worst poo poo platter of pieces knowing that Kawhi is a rental. Why give up Brown when he's in a rookie deal and is a good player? Looking at the optics can become a selfish stance that can hurt your team further. Better to get the best possible deal you can.. and if that's with the Lakers than so be it.

If I'm Masai I'd be offering up Serge and Powell. If the Spurs feel like the optics are important than that deal may be good enough.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Leonard is screwing the Spurs over pretty hard. If I were the Spurs I would want to screw him over in return for at least the one year provided what is coming back in the trade is equivelant.
          I'm not usually one to take a players side in a trade demand but consider a few things. He was hurt, their doctors said he was fine but a second opinion said that he wasn't fine. Then Pop sends two of his boys out to the media to essentially call him a pussy. At some point he's had it, probably in this instance and says he wants out and he's not re-signing with them. Instead of taking that seriously they try to smooth it over like they did with Aldridge. He won't have it and stands firm. They still don't look like they're going to act and it is now that he lets it be known to the public he's demanded a trade. This isn't a Vince Carter/Toronto Raptors level screw job. The Spurs dropped the ball here after being given many chances and that's probably because Pop isn't used to losing.
          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 20, 2018, 11:20 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I understand that.. but in the end it seems Owners always give in to the players demand. Countless examples in the NBA where a star player wants to leave and he gets traded to the place he actually wants to go to. Spurs are a well run organization but even they are vulnerable to it.

This is a stars league and the stars can dictate what they want.

Ainge is not dumb. He'd offer the worst poo poo platter of pieces knowing that Kawhi is a rental. Why give up Brown when he's in a rookie deal and is a good player? Looking at the optics can become a selfish stance that can hurt your team further. Better to get the best possible deal you can.. and if that's with the Lakers than so be it.

If I'm Masai I'd be offering up Serge and Powell. If the Spurs feel like the optics are important than that deal may be good enough.
            Maybe but location is not what's soured him on San Antonio and consider Leonard is angry at the Spurs. Ainge has his own star who sounds like he is leaving via free agency. Maybe he offers Irving straight up.

If I'm Ujiri I'm not even wasting my time with this unless I'm plying 3rd party in a three way.

Comment

• If i'm the Spurs, I'd be pretty pissed off at Tony Parker. There was no need to say anything about a teammates injury. He basically callled Kawhi Leonard a pussy through the media
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                If i'm the Spurs, I'd be pretty pissed off at Tony Parker. There was no need to say anything about a teammates injury. He basically callled Kawhi Leonard a pussy through the media
                Some people in the know are saying Pop has total control of the locker room and Parker wouldn't be authorized to do that unless it came from Pop.

Comment

If i'm the Spurs, I'd be pretty pissed off at Tony Parker. There was no need to say anything about a teammates injury. He basically callled Kawhi Leonard a pussy through the media
                  And what if he was right? Kawhi could play? What if?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Even if Parker was right. There's no reason to say it. What's the benefit for him and the team?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Even if Parker was right. There's no reason to say it. What's the benefit for him and the team?

"Lead our team you pussy ass bitch. I'm getting old"
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm not usually one to take a players side in a trade demand but consider a few things. He was hurt, their doctors said he was fine but a second opinion said that he wasn't fine. Then Pop sends two of his boys out to the media to essentially call him a pussy. At some point he's had it, probably in this instance and says he wants out and he's not re-signing with them. Instead of taking that seriously they try to smooth it over like they did with Aldridge. He won't have it and stands firm. They still don't look like they're going to act and it is now that he lets it be known to the public he's demanded a trade. This isn't a Vince Carter/Toronto Raptors level screw job. The Spurs dropped the ball here after being given many chances and that's probably because Pop isn't used to losing.
                        These are all just assumptions that you are making. Spurs are a stand up organization who have always taken care of their players, so you're painting them in a light which is contrary to what they've stood for, for many years. And you're doing this based on your own assumptions.

I think coach Pop deserves a bit more respect than that and if you trust what he says...which I do for the most part...communication with Leonard broke down after he got his uncle to run his camp for him. If I were to make an assumption I would think his uncle thinks highly (rightfully) of his nephew and is telling Leonard he isn't getting paid like one of the top 5 players in the league. Tells him to come home to where he can sign a big contract, be close to home and get all kinds of endorsements from a big market.....oh and by the way nephew, I get a percentage of what you earn.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          It's a public attack on the man's character. It doesn't matter if he's right. Winning isn't about being right in the public court of opinion and neither is maintaining healthy relationships.

Comment

Honestly, when read what Parker said about Leonard's injury the first thing I thought was Parker was ribbing Leonard. Like it was a joke between friends.

Comment

It's a public attack on the man's character. It doesn't matter if he's right. Winning isn't about being right in the public court of opinion and neither is maintaining healthy relationships.
                              They tried the closed door meeting. I think Kawhi quit on the team long before Parker's comments, hence Parker's comments.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                These are all just assumptions that you are making. Spurs are a stand up organization who have always taken care of their players, so you're painting them in a light which is contrary to what they've stood for, for many years. And you're doing this based on your own assumptions.

I think coach Pop deserves a bit more respect than that and if you trust what he says...which I do for the most part...communication with Leonard broke down after he got his uncle to run his camp for him. If I were to make an assumption I would think his uncle thinks highly (rightfully) of his nephew and is telling Leonard he isn't getting paid like one of the top 5 players in the league. Tells him to come home to where he can sign a big contract, be close to home and get all kinds of endorsements from a big market.....oh and by the way nephew, I get a percentage of what you earn.
                                Damn, that's a lot of assumptions LJ2. I thought you were against assumptions? I mean I just read that.

Comment

Working...
                                X