Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai on the other hand is safe hunting.

Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jun 22, 2018, 12:29 PM. Reason: wrong button, sorry. :o
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Masai on the other hand is safe hunting.

You can't win the battle if you don't charge up the hill. Everyone needs to pick a hill they're willing to die on.

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I come to the point where I only have one concern:

What happens if FVV signs an offer sheet with someone else on July 6th, but the LeBron/Kawhi/PG situations don't resolve until a week later? Do the Raptors match with the risk of a massive luxury tax bill, or do we lose one of our most impactful players because of leaguewide hesitation?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          I'm also saying that if he leaves in the next couple years that seals it in terms of what he is as a GM.
          Sure! If the totally fictional thing you are making up were to happen years from now, you would have a point! Congrats?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            The more I think about it, the more I come to the point where I only have one concern:

What happens if FVV signs an offer sheet with someone else on July 6th, but the LeBron/Kawhi/PG situations don't resolve until a week later? Do the Raptors match with the risk of a massive luxury tax bill, or do we lose one of our most impactful players because of leaguewide hesitation?
            Kind of hard to imagine that happening. If the market is still frozen, who is spending the first money on an RFA in FVV?

But I'd bet they match.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Sure! If the totally fictional thing you are making up were to happen years from now, you would have a point! Congrats?
              LOL, right back at you cool guy.

Comment

My gut feeling is that ownership was reluctant, after the team started winning, to blow it up. That it was an option for Masai, but one that would increase the heat on his seat a lot, so he made the choice to delay it, and try to keep winning. At the same time, he's built up the organization's development program, built a strong reputation as a good team, and drafted some talented young guys. He's done all of that with relatively little in terms of assets to play with, except the ones that he's brought in.

I think we underestimate the degree of difficulty on doing that.
                It takes two to tango as the old adage implied. The art of deal making is very difficult yet I despise using this term especially if its associated from a book of a well known bankruptcy victim, lol.

Ujiri kept his stuff very close to his vest. He as well is known to always wanting to win every deal he makes. Always wanted to fleece someone rather the other way around. Obviously we are all not privy of whats going on behind close doors so its hard to actually guage what deals fell through. But you can sense that he pride his existing assets as if he mortgage his soul on everyone of them.

Comment

• Bryan Colangelo brought DeRozan, Lowry and JV here. DeRozan and Lowry would probably go down as the two greatest Raptors of all time.

Bryan also brought Dwane Casey here. You know....the greatest coach in Raptors history.

But sure, let's talk about all the bad moves he's made because every GM in this league is perfect. *roll eyes*

Now let's talk about Masai, he's been the GM of this team for 6+ years now. Name me ONE impact player that he has brought to this team in his 6 years here?

Now, if we're going to talk about Colangelo's mistakes like the Gay and Turkoglu signing etc...why not talk about Masai's mistakes like the Carroll signing? what about the Ibaka and Norm extension? what about drafting a guy who absolutely can't play in Bruno in 2014? Capela was still on the board btw when they took Bruno. I can go on and on.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bryan Colangelo brought DeRozan, Lowry and JV here. DeRozan and Lowry would probably go down as the two greatest Raptors of all time.

Bryan also brought Dwane Casey here. You know....the greatest coach in Raptors history.

But sure, let's talk about all the bad moves he's made because every GM in this league is perfect. *roll eyes*

Now let's talk about Masai, he's been the GM of this team for 6+ years now. Name me ONE impact player that he has brought to this team in his 6 years here?

Now, if we're going to talk about Colangelo's mistakes like the Gay and Turkoglu signing etc...why not talk about Masai's mistakes like the Carroll signing? what about the Ibaka and Norm extension? what about drafting a guy who absolutely can't play in Bruno in 2014? Capela was still on the board btw when they took Bruno. I can go on and on.
                    Last thing, Bryan brought more to this franchise than Ujiri. You can talk about all the playoff appearances and whatnot but the fact is Ujiri did it using Colangelo's guys. DeRozan, Lowry and JV.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bryan Colangelo brought DeRozan, Lowry and JV here. DeRozan and Lowry would probably go down as the two greatest Raptors of all time.

I love how you're bringing up the lottery picks that Colangelo made and comparing them to the late first rounders Masai made. Because that's an apples-to-apples comparison.

Comment

• Please go on and on.... Pretty sure those are all the mistakes Masai has made.

Comment

I love how you're bringing up the lottery picks that Colangelo made and comparing them to the late first rounders Masai made. Because that's an apples-to-apples comparison.
                          Poeltl wasn't a lottery pick?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

why not talk about Masai's mistakes like the Carroll signing? what about the Ibaka and Norm extension? what about drafting a guy who absolutely can't play in Bruno in 2014? Capela was still on the board btw when they took Bruno. I can go on and on.
                            Blasphemy.

Comment

• Oh, also, let's just forget the fact that Colangelo's mismanagement was part of what ran Chris Bosh, one of the best players the franchise has ever had, out of town.

Comment

• The Carroll signing wasn't bad, he got injured became useless. Many of us wanted Serg, jury is still out. The extension is a bit much. And you can't write off Norm yet.
                                Last edited by saints91; Fri Jun 22, 2018, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X