Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not gonna lie, I’m a bit nervous about FVV’s contract. Love the kid we are pretty solid at point guard. Well he is not at Lowry’s level I hope that would be the catalyst to move Kyle and upgrade another position.

Comment

• Everything 2018 Off Season

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      So did Powell. Numbers weren't quite as good but was productive for us off the bench and a beast when he started. Now we're looking to basically dump him.

There is a consequence to continually handing out long-term deals to role players, especially ones without any kind of proven multi-year track record.
      Powell was never in the sixth man of the year conversation. He just had some good moments in the Playoffs. Fred and Powell are completely different players.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
        So did Powell (show impact with the bench). Numbers weren't quite as good but was productive for us off the bench and a beast when he started. Now we're looking to basically dump him.

There is a consequence to continually handing out long-term deals to role players, especially ones without any kind of proven multi-year track record.
        LOL. Powell was productive off the bench?

Powell's promise was always in the short spurts he got as a starter (especially in the playoffs). He was never particularly productive off the bench.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          WHAT?

Norm was NEVER, EVER, EVER in the Sixth man of the Year conversation. Fred is a nominee for the award.
          I said so "did" Powell referring to being productive off the bench. Not so "was" referring to him being a 6MOTY candidate.

And why do media awards suddenly matter? DeMar was on the All-NBA 2nd team, guess we should be keeping him forever then if he's a top 4 guard? Wake up.

Comment

I said so "did" Powell referring to being productive off the bench. Not so "was" referring to him being a 6MOTY candidate.

And why do media awards suddenly matter? DeMar was on the All-NBA 2nd team, guess we should be keeping him forever then if he's a top 4 guard? Wake up.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Keep hitting your head against the table until your brain matter starts to leak out mate. I'll keep posting.

Comment

OMG, you are so disingenuous. You know that the argument for FVV does not remotely rely solely upon his 6MOY candidacy.

It relies on his actual production off the bench, and the various advanced (and not so advanced) measures which show he was a huge positive influence on the team, which obviously eclipses Norm's.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Oh, protect me from having a deal that just sits on the books! What would we do if we wanted to rebuild and had a $10M PG sitting on our books? How would we manage it?

The reality is, the only reason to be worried about FVV's salary is if you a) are the owners and give a crap about profit margins or b) there are no other reasons. In the short term, he will help, and if he doesn't, apparently he can be replaced for cheap no problem, and we don't gain any additional flexibility by not signing him. In the long term, the books are so clean after this two year window that he's not going to kill you anyway.

Heck, here's an idea. We should take a RISK that FVV is actually as good as he has shown, by giving him a contract, rather than playing it safe and letting him walk.
                  I mean, reason (a) does matter Dan, whether we like it or not. Not to us exactly, but I know MLSE will have a limit as to how far into the tax they want to go.

Honestly, I'm not 100% convinced they won't give a mandate to Masai that he has to get out of the tax. They've never paid it before.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    He's the President of the team
                    You know what I meant and we all know who calls the shots.

Comment

OMG, you are so disingenuous. You know that the argument for FVV does not remotely rely solely upon his 6MOY candidacy.

It relies on his actual production off the bench, and the various advanced (and not so advanced) measures which show he was a huge positive influence on the team, which obviously eclipses Norm's.
                      I'm aware of what it relies upon. He's the one who decided to explode about his 6th man of the year candidacy. I don't care for that hence the reason I cast it aside.

At the end of the day. Handing out large contracts to role players repeatedly gets you nowhere and can bite you in the ass. FVV isn't getting us anywhere closer to a championship.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                        I mean, reason (a) does matter Dan, whether we like it or not. Not to us exactly, but I know MLSE will have a limit as to how far into the tax they want to go.

Honestly, I'm not 100% convinced they won't give a mandate to Masai that he has to get out of the tax. They've never paid it before.
                        I'm 100% convinced they would not give that mandate to Masai.

Masai may choose to duck the tax. But I doubt he does so at the cost of losing a guy like FVV.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post

Yep and we'll end up having to sacrifice other players or deals we could make in order to stay out of it. Keeping the treadmill chugging along.

Comment

I'm 100% convinced they would not give that mandate to Masai.

Masai may choose to duck the tax. But I doubt he does so at the cost of losing a guy like FVV.
                            Uh huh.

Comment

I'm aware of what it relies upon. He's the one who decided to explode about his 6th man of the year candidacy. I don't care for that hence the reason I cast it aside.

At the end of the day. Handing out large contracts to role players repeatedly gets you nowhere and can bite you in the ass. FVV isn't getting us anywhere closer to a championship.
                              Are you? You compared Powell's contributions off the bench to FVV's. Seems kind of like you have no idea what it relies on.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt I just can't take your opinion seriously because you're continually wrong about everything relating to this team. If it was up to you we would've traded DeMar for Stauskas and have Stauskas-Ross running the wing atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X