This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Are you? You compared Powell's contributions off the bench to FVV's. Seems kind of like you have no idea what it relies on.
    Yep I am, maybe you need to do a better job of reading and understanding mate.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      Yep I am, maybe you need to do a better job of reading and understanding mate.
      Me and everyone else, right...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm 100% convinced they would not give that mandate to Masai.

Masai may choose to duck the tax. But I doubt he does so at the cost of losing a guy like FVV.
        Does Masai's role include president of the business side of the Toronto Raptors? Is he also the guy that has the responsibility of balancing the books overall, and all MLSE sees back is revenue vs payroll?

If so, then I'll cede that point to you. Otherwise, I don't see how the ultimate decision on how much he can spend lies on Masai.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Yeah Shaolin is right in principle but again I'm not sure Masai has left himself much of a choice. We don't have the luxury of letting key contributors walk IF we are trying to hold this thing together. But again who knows what Masai's long-term endgame is. It always seems totally muddy to me.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
            Does Masai's role include president of the business side of the Toronto Raptors? Is he also the guy that has the responsibility of balancing the books overall, and all MLSE sees back is revenue vs payroll?

If so, then I'll cede that point to you. Otherwise, I don't see how the ultimate decision on how much he can spend lies on Masai.
            Yes, Masai is President of the Raptors. Not President of Basketball Operations, not GM. He's the highest point in the Raptors organization outside of the MLSE board (ownership).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, Masai is President of the Raptors. Not President of Basketball Operations, not GM. He's the highest point in the Raptors organization outside of the MLSE board (ownership).
              Okay fair enough, I thought he was president of basketball operations.

So yes, he may make a choice to not go into the tax but it's probably something the board will leave to him if he's confident it's the best way to make the profit margins work.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• My suspicion is Masai is more focused on the back end development of players like OG, Delon, Fred, Jak and Siakam.

The short term contacts given out last year were closing on this chapter of the Raptors. I suspect this will be the last year of the old core and then he’s using those expiring contracts as assets.

2019 will be a movement towards youth and our young bench as the new core. We will be in tax for one year but we won’t reach the “repeaters” tax.

Comment

• Or at least that’s what I hope he’s doing

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    My suspicion is Masai is more focused on the back end development of players like OG, Delon, Fred, Jak and Siakam.

The short term contacts given out last year were closing on this chapter of the Raptors. I suspect this will be the last year of the old core and then he’s using those expiring contracts as assets.

2019 will be a movement towards youth and our young bench as the new core. We will be in tax for one year but we won’t reach the “repeaters” tax.
                    I don't think it's as simple as "THIS IS THE PLAN". I'd imagine it plays out more like a decision tree for the Raptors, and where they end up depends more on several different factors and how things play out around the league.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      My suspicion is Masai is more focused on the back end development of players like OG, Delon, Fred, Jak and Siakam.

We certainly won't be reaching repeater tax. You have to have a 4th season of tax to be eligible for that.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post

It doesn't DanH works for MLSE.

Comment

LOL. I'm sure Dan would love to work for MLSE, but I'm also sure that if he did, he wouldn't be talking her or twitter nearly as much using his actual name, or he would be no longer working for MLSE.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

If only! Working for the Raptors!

Sadly, I'm stuck working a normal job and posting my honest opinions about the team.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If only! Working for the Raptors!

Sadly, I'm stuck working a normal job and posting my honest opinions about the team.
                              Hey Shaolin get off my account!

Comment

• Man, some people have an unusual way of trying to wind down from a stressful work week on a Friday

Comment

Working...
                                X