Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh, Kawhi has a trade kicker. His salary would go up by $3M if he were traded, and the Raptors would need to be able to absorb his new salary.

So, the Norm version up there has 42.6M outgoing and 48.5M incoming, while the allowable absorbed salary with 42.6M outgoing is 53.3M. So that extra 3M fits easily in there.

The Miles version is tighter - with only 41.6M outgoing, the allowable absorbed salary is 52.1M. So the 3M trade bonus brings the total to 51.5M - still works, but just barely.

Phew. Didn't notice that bonus before.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      That Sacramento pick is pretty high value for what could amount to a rental. If Boston is willing to deal that, the Raps don’t really stand a chance in the bidding. I question whether they are willing to do that, though, given all the uncertainty around Kawhi.
      I agree with you, but, that Boston team could definitely be a title team, and it's hard to leave a team that just won a ring, so that could be a gamble worth taking for the Celtics.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I agree with you, but, that Boston team could definitely be a title team, and it's hard to leave a team that just won a ring, so that could be a gamble worth taking for the Celtics.
        And I agree with you - if I were the Celtics I'd make that bet. I don't think they do it though.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• How much Boston offers is very very intriguing. They don’t gave a lot of $10 million dollar pieces to combine in a package. Large salaries, promising prospects and picks. Without a promise from Kawhi you can argue a lot of what they could offer is an overpay.

Zac Lowe had a good article on this last week.

Comment

• We’ve been beating the deadhorse a bit about Kawhi so let me just shift gears a little.

The Hawks made it to the finals in 14-15 but got swept by the Cavs. They were still competitive after that devastation by still making the playoffs the following two seasons but last year. They eventually got them the no.3 pick.

We dont know yet the turnout of their trade with the Mavs and what a Trae Young can do to turn around that franchise but bottomline the Hawks showed committment.

Losing slowly Horford/ Millsap/ Carroll/ Teague/ Korver as their corner stones was somewhat of a shock at first for their most loyal fans however business was more important for their ownership.

The Raptors ownership and Masai IMO are in a crossroad this offseason. We will wait and see what route they take.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              59-win seasons and losing to Lebron in the playoffs.... and everybody around here wants his head. lol.
              No, only the people that are better off ignored.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                DeRozan (27.7M), Norm (9.4M), Poeltl (2.9M), Wright (2.5M), 2019 TOR 1st : $42.6M total salary
                No way the Spurs are interested in trading for DeRozan. JV or Lowry would need to be the primary asset in any trade with the Spurs.

Comment

• Saying in absolute terms dont fly here. No one knows what the Spurs wants. To say that “No way they are interested in trading for Derozan” is hyperbole.

As someone stated, firing Masai just dont see the big picture. But criticizing him at this juncture of the game is warranted. However I personally would still take him as the main guy to head my franchise. Ownership though has to show him committment and full support.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                    No way the Spurs are interested in trading for DeRozan. JV or Lowry would need to be the primary asset in any trade with the Spurs.
                    They would be silly to ask for them instead.

The Spurs don't even need to like DeMar. They'd probably look to flip him for another draft asset return - something far less likely to impossible with Lowry or JV. Short term, Lowry is fantastic, but is aging, and makes a fair bit more than DeMar - and is a questionable fit with their organizational culture. And JV is a C, the worst value assets in the league right now - and one that can opt out after this season and go elsewhere if he works out in San Antonio.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      I don't see why not - Demar is a hard working multiple time all star, and twice all NBA, that has disciplined himself to improve beyond outside expectations every year. That seems the kind of player the Spurs would value and would flourish with the right coaching and pieces around him.

If they instead want JV as the backbone of the deal though, I'd be fine with that as well. As for Lowry, they already got their share of old point guards so I don't think that's who they'd want.

Comment

• If the Spurs don't want any of our top paid talent than I think a 3 team deal could work
                        http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yan8q5pz

Spurs get Kemba, Miles, Wright + our 2019 pick.
                        Charlotte gets DeMar, Murray and Poeltl
                        Toronto gets Kawhi and Batum

Outgoing salary for Toronto: $41.4M
                        Incoming salary for Toronto: $47M (that includes Kawhi's $3M trade kicker).

So transaction should work.

Charlotte swaps one all-star for another but also saves money.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I'm not on tapatalk. It's really not a big deal though. But if you see a lot misspelled words you lnow why lol.
                          I don't use Tapatalk anymore. I use Chrome mobile browser + gboard. I suffer from darn autocorrection too but at the bottom of your post you can hit "edit post" and fix up things. Should be right next to reply.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            If the Spurs don't want any of our top paid talent than I think a 3 team deal could work
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yan8q5pz

Spurs get Kemba, Miles, Wright + our 2019 pick.
                            Charlotte gets DeMar, Murray and Poeltl
                            Toronto gets Kawhi and Batum

Outgoing salary for Toronto: $41.4M
                            Incoming salary for Toronto: $47M (that includes Kawhi's $3M trade kicker).

So transaction should work.

Charlotte swaps one all-star for another but also saves money.
                            Going back on Kawhi...

Has someone tried a proposal with Kawhi still going to Toronto, Derozan going to either the Clippers or Lakers and young pieces plus picks to the Spurs?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Going back on Kawhi...

Has someone tried a proposal with Kawhi still going to Toronto, Derozan going to either the Clippers or Lakers and young pieces plus picks to the Spurs?
                              I don't see LAC or LAL help facilitating a Kawhi deal for him to go somewhere else.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I don't see LAC or LAL help facilitating a Kawhi deal for him to go somewhere else.
                                Why not? They know that Pop adamant not to directly trade Kawhi to any Western Conference team. So they would consider a LA native instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X