Byebye becomes a UFA
    ftfy
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This is hilarious:

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Jokic is way better than JV..or any other Toronto Raptor
        No he isn't, he just gets more minutes, and passes more. These are coaching issues.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
          No he isn't, he just gets more minutes, and passes more. These are coaching issues.
          Passes more? No, passes better. Much, much better.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Passes more? No, passes better. Much, much better.
            Jokic is a great offensive player, but he is complete trash defensively. Like, maybe worse than Bargs.

He may have more value than JV, but I think we have to see if he makes the playoffs and how he performs there. If Jokic's limitations defensively are too great, it could make it hard to win playoff series with him on the court.

In the end you may be better off with an improving two-way player like JV who is a 2nd/3rd option over a guy like Jokic who may always be better offensively as a 1 A/B, but really difficult to hide defensively. Jokic would have to show he can completely dominate the flow of a playoff series just on the offensive end. The list of players who do that with subpar D is basically Harden and Curry. It is easier to get away with as a small player though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Our only hope is really if the offers are thin. If those teams are in a full on bidding war, our best offer falls short quickly.
              One thing is if Spurs want to be competitive in Pops last couple years raps have a better chance than most of those other teams.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                One thing is if Spurs want to be competitive in Pops last couple years raps have a better chance than most of those other teams.
                I don't think they really have a choice. Aldridge and Gasol have multiple years left on their contracts.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  I don't think they really have a choice. Aldridge and Gasol have multiple years left on their contracts.
                  If deals are good enough I could see them getting tempted to go young. Murray and Anderson are good young players, they may like their first round pick this year too. Plus if they can net an Ingram or Jaylen Brown plus a pick or two they get a pretty decent young core, don't think thats a decent playoff team anytime soon though.

I agree, I imagine they want a player in his prime. Demar + Siakam might be the best offer they get for short term success, doubt its better than what those other teams offer though.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    If deals are good enough I could see them getting tempted to go young. Murray and Anderson are good young players, they may like their first round pick this year too. Plus if they can net an Ingram or Jaylen Brown plus a pick or two they get a pretty decent young core, don't think thats a decent playoff team anytime soon though.

I agree, I imagine they want a player in his prime. Demar + Siakam might be the best offer they get for short term success, doubt its better than what those other teams offer though.
                    It's an interesting time for the Spurs. They've had an awesome run at it and got really lucky with the Kawhi / Hill trade. But they've hit a cross roads. Aldridge would be easy to trade. As would Gasol I would imagine. So they could pivot and "tank" and go young. But they are also a small market team. Even with all that winning.. some playoff glory is probably better than nothing.. and maybe Pops can get his young team to the playoffs anyway.

Raptors have some prospects but no expiring contracts. So if the Spurs want to shed salary and go younger we might be a hard team to trade with. We'd have to find a team willing to take DeMar for an expiring contract and use that in our negotiations. Our 2019 pick looks like it'll be in the high 20's so not much value there. Our prospects are okay but not elite. Can't compare to Boston's or Philliy's or even LA's probably.

I'm still hoping and praying we get Kawhi somehow. Instant contender in the East with him around (assuming he actually suits up).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Bebe becomes a UFA
                      Hasta la vista, Bebe.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Hasta la vista, Bebe.
                        Still a possibility that Bebe could return - Bebe's qualifying offer would have been for $4.1M, which is too high for a third-string centre. He could well return, just at a salary well below $4.1M.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Still a possibility that Bebe could return - Bebe's qualifying offer would have been for $4.1M, which is too high for a third-string centre. He could well return, just at a salary well below $4.1M.
                          I could see him going to Houston. Bebe’s an analytics darling.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Mavs just decided not to issue a QO to their RFA Doug McDermott. Another sign they are chasing cap space this summer.
                            Or maybe it's because McDermott can't guard a giant tortoise, let alone a professional basketball player.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              Hasta la vista, Bebe.
                              Nicely done

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Or maybe it's because McDermott can't guard a giant tortoise, let alone a professional basketball player.
                                I don't know. They had extended the QO but pulled it back. More likely they pivoted on their plans when they saw Jordan was considering opting in, rather than they suddenly changed their valuation of McDermott.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X