X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• No one's beating Golden State for the foreseeable future so I'm good with just making the finals. But Dan H was saying on twitter that with how the books are set up we have to get rid of salary. Most likely another move will be made. Might be small like getting rid of Norm but it might be a bigger move like getting rid of Demar or Serge. We shall see. Anyone acting like winning the finals is realistic with Golden State still being around is living in la la land. Houston is the only team that can possibly come close unfortunately.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Warren is 2 years younger (well more like 1 since his birthday is in September) so I get that part of it.. but from a talent point of view the trade does not move the dial in any way.

If you want something significant we do the Lowe proposal: Lowry for Chandler+Dudley+Jackson

Get two expiring contracts and a former lottery pick for Lowry.
        The whole point of my question was built around the Suns having expendable assets. They're probably not going to want to part with their core. Especially a guy they've already said was on their untouchable list. So I mentioned guys clearly on the block now given moves they made recently.

Comment

• How do you guys feel about Randle.

Not sure how he would fit here, but I like what he can do
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            How do you guys feel about Randle.

No $ for him.

Comment

• Wobblez wrote: View Post
              No $ for him.
              things can always be worked out. I was thinking in terms of fit.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

things can always be worked out. I was thinking in terms of fit.
                To me he could be an option in a DeMar trade. They sign and trade Randle and add Kuzma, maybe a future protected 1st.

Don't know if they'd give up that much for DeMar but Randle and Kuzma are my favourite young pieces on their team. Randle played like a beast for much of last year. We would be a serious bully frontcourt with him and JV, and it helps offset that neither Poeltl nor Siakam are the toughest players down low. You could have one of JV or Randle on the court all/most of the time. Kuzma seems like a guy who fits on any team.

Heck, you could maybe expand the deal to include Poeltl and poach more assets. LA has no good C, and Poeltl would be a very Thompson-like fit offensively with LeBron, finishing on the p'n'r and attacking the offensive glass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  No one's beating Golden State for the foreseeable future so I'm good with just making the finals. But Dan H was saying on twitter that with how the books are set up we have to get rid of salary. Most likely another move will be made. Might be small like getting rid of Norm but it might be a bigger move like getting rid of Demar or Serge. We shall see. Anyone acting like winning the finals is realistic with Golden State still being around is living in la la land. Houston is the only team that can possibly come close unfortunately.
                  Making NBA finals would be huge.

Comment

• The strategy behind the L.A. Lakers free agent signings post Lebron memo:

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

How do you guys feel about Randle.

Me too..but the raptors at this writing ..similar to 3 months ago...still have no cap space beyond the MLE.
                      - TGO

Comment

• No one’s beating GS until it gets done. You need uber lvl defenders like Boston at multiple positions...not necessarily all, but can’t have huge defensive liabilities on the floor and hope to have a chance.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          No one's beating Golden State for the foreseeable future so I'm good with just making the finals. But Dan H was saying on twitter that with how the books are set up we have to get rid of salary. Most likely another move will be made. Might be small like getting rid of Norm but it might be a bigger move like getting rid of Demar or Serge. We shall see. Anyone acting like winning the finals is realistic with Golden State still being around is living in la la land. Houston is the only team that can possibly come close unfortunately.
                          LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          No one’s beating GS until it gets done. You need uber lvl defenders like Boston at multiple positions...not necessarily all, but can’t have huge defensive liabilities on the floor and hope to have a chance.

Houston had them on the ropes this year....up 3 games to 2...and then had Paul go down with the hamstring...

To say no one is beating golden state is a bit extreme..shit happens boys....especially in sports.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 2, 2018, 12:47 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            The whole point of my question was built around the Suns having expendable assets. They're probably not going to want to part with their core. Especially a guy they've already said was on their untouchable list. So I mentioned guys clearly on the block now given moves they made recently.
                            All respect..but what fucking core..these slugs have won but 20 games a year for the last 3 or 4 seasons..for the right price anyone is available...hell they can finish in the bottom 5 with or without anyone on that roster right now.
                            - TGO

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              To me he could be an option in a DeMar trade. They sign and trade Randle and add Kuzma, maybe a future protected 1st.

Don't know if they'd give up that much for DeMar but Randle and Kuzma are my favourite young pieces on their team. Randle played like a beast for much of last year. We would be a serious bully frontcourt with him and JV, and it helps offset that neither Poeltl nor Siakam are the toughest players down low. You could have one of JV or Randle on the court all/most of the time. Kuzma seems like a guy who fits on any team.

Heck, you could maybe expand the deal to include Poeltl and poach more assets. LA has no good C, and Poeltl would be a very Thompson-like fit offensively with LeBron, finishing on the p'n'r and attacking the offensive glass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                              You can't be involved in a S&T if you are above the apron.. we're like $6M above the apron.. so I think we would have to remove salary first to get below the apron.. and then perform a S&T such that we continue to be under the apron. At that point we're hard capped for the rest of the year. Essentially S&T is not going to happen.

I think any DD trade would have to involve Deng if the Lakers don't waive him first. And then we could bring in a guy like Ingram or Kuzma. But I still think the Lakers are holding firm on no big contracts for next year so they can try to get Kawhi (or someone else like Klay) in free agency.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X