This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    You can't be involved in a S&T if you are above the apron.. we're like $6M above the apron.. so I think we would have to remove salary first to get below the apron.. and then perform a S&T such that we continue to be under the apron. At that point we're hard capped for the rest of the year. Essentially S&T is not going to happen.

I think any DD trade would have to involve Deng if the Lakers don't waive him first. And then we could bring in a guy like Ingram or Kuzma. But I still think the Lakers are holding firm on no big contracts for next year so they can try to get Kawhi (or someone else like Klay) in free agency.
    You can do a S&T if you end up below the apron after the trade. Not sure the Raptors could make the numbers work, but it should be possible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      To me he could be an option in a DeMar trade. They sign and trade Randle and add Kuzma, maybe a future protected 1st.

Don't know if they'd give up that much for DeMar but Randle and Kuzma are my favourite young pieces on their team. Randle played like a beast for much of last year. We would be a serious bully frontcourt with him and JV, and it helps offset that neither Poeltl nor Siakam are the toughest players down low. You could have one of JV or Randle on the court all/most of the time. Kuzma seems like a guy who fits on any team.

Heck, you could maybe expand the deal to include Poeltl and poach more assets. LA has no good C, and Poeltl would be a very Thompson-like fit offensively with LeBron, finishing on the p'n'r and attacking the offensive glass.

I like Ingram...and either of Kuzma or Randle..and if you could wheedle a first that would be icing on the cake for a DD only trade....for penance, we would probably have to take Dengs contract..but we could then stretch him on a buyout...
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        things can always be worked out. I was thinking in terms of fit.
        For the right price sure. Randle is a physical guy that always had success playing against the Raptors because we are a finesse team and I think we need to be more physical.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          All respect..but what fucking core..these slugs have won but 20 games a year for the last 3 or 4 seasons..for the right price anyone is available...hell they can finish in the bottom 5 with or without anyone on that roster right now.
          All due respect but do some research. They've invested in the lotto multiple years now and have a core identified for sure including Booker, Jackson and Ayton. I'm not part of the Suns, I'm just telling you how it is.

Its hard to win games with 20 year olds. They've been all in on the youth movement. Not every pick is going to be paydirt. Those three are but they must grow. This is how rebuilding through the draft works.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            For the right price sure. Randle is a physical guy that always had success playing against the Raptors because we are a finesse team and I think we need to be more physical.
            I think he doesn't really fit the modern game with what the Raptors are currently rolling out. Also be wary of a player posting big numbers on a shit team.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I think he doesn't really fit the modern game with what the Raptors are currently rolling out. Also be wary of a player posting big numbers on a shit team.
              And what is this modern game he doesn't fit into? Everyone talks about positionless ball and smallball...only 1 team in the league convincingly pulls off that style.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jul 2, 2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

So if burner boy was still there..he probably get 20 million..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Nerlens Noel heading to OKC

Comment

• Utah is resigning Derrick Favours. No contract details yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Derrick Favours signed 2 year, $36 mill deal with Utah Jazz. Damn...

Comment

• Favors is 2 years 36 million

Noel is 2 years second year option

seems to be a lot of "Betting on ones self" occuring
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Would an Ibaka for Love deal work?

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                            Would an Ibaka for Love deal work?

Technically speaking yes, but you can most definitely kiss at least a first round pick goodbye.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post
                              Would an Ibaka for Love deal work?
                              Cleveland is in an awkward spot - their 2019 first round pick goes to Atlanta if it falls outside the top 10. If you're trading Love, then you're probably wanting picks and young players and starting the tank, so you get to keep your 2019 pick.

Comment

• Anthony Tolliver heads from Detroit to Minnesota.

Jose Calderon gets a reunion with Coach Casey in the Motor City.

Comment

Working...
                                X