This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Anthony Tolliver heads from Detroit to Minnesota.

Jose Calderon gets a reunion with Coach Casey in the Motor City.
    Reggie Jackson's job is in trouble.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Re: the idea of a sign and trade for Randle. The hard cap is difficult enough. But Randle will also be a Base Year Contract if he gets a big raise (he will). Meaning his salary counts for half for the purposes of salary matching. Making constructing a deal where a) the Raptors shed enough salary to duck the hard cap, and b) is legal salary matching for both teams, neither of whom have cap space to make it easier, basically impossible.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I would be down for a Love/Ibaka swap. Love/JV might be a terrible idea defensively but Love is a playoff performer/gamer. He's not that quick but can do a decent enough job on someone like Horford without penalizing you too much. Not great in the post, but he wouldn't have to matchup against bangers.

Cleveland will want at least one prospect and a pick for him I imagine. And that's a low ball deal. They'll most likely want an expiring contract if they can get one (which we won't have).

Best package I can come up with would be Ibaka + Wright (or Poeltl) + 2019 pick.

That would hurt our depth.. and again we'd be out of a pick for next year. Our ceiling would be raised a bit.. as Love would be awesome in Nurse's system and Ibaka is aging by the second. But not enough for the Warriors of course.

I'd pull the trigger and hope our pick ends up in the 27-29 range again. Wright/Poeltl are both expendable. Love them both but we won't really be hurting with them off the roster. Especially since Love can play C in small ball lineups and we re-upped FVV for another 2 years.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Re: the idea of a sign and trade for Randle. The hard cap is difficult enough. But Randle will also be a Base Year Contract if he gets a big raise (he will). Meaning his salary counts for half for the purposes of salary matching. Making constructing a deal where a) the Raptors shed enough salary to duck the hard cap, and b) is legal salary matching for both teams, neither of whom have cap space to make it easier, basically impossible.
          That's rough. Didn't realize the extra details impacting it.

So basically, the Raptors are extremely limited in their options...great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            I would be down for a Love/Ibaka swap. Love/JV might be a terrible idea defensively but Love is a playoff performer/gamer. He's not that quick but can do a decent enough job on someone like Horford without penalizing you too much. Not great in the post, but he wouldn't have to matchup against bangers.

Cleveland will want at least one prospect and a pick for him I imagine. And that's a low ball deal. They'll most likely want an expiring contract if they can get one (which we won't have).

Best package I can come up with would be Ibaka + Wright (or Poeltl) + 2019 pick.

That would hurt our depth.. and again we'd be out of a pick for next year. Our ceiling would be raised a bit.. as Love would be awesome in Nurse's system and Ibaka is aging by the second. But not enough for the Warriors of course.

I'd pull the trigger and hope our pick ends up in the 27-29 range again. Wright/Poeltl are both expendable. Love them both but we won't really be hurting with them off the roster. Especially since Love can play C in small ball lineups and we re-upped FVV for another 2 years.
            Is it possible to even offer the 2019 pick? I thought that you could only give away a first round pick every other year. The 2019 pick can only be traded on draft night (I think).

I definitely think Poeltl can be moved. For Love I'd moved Wright, but generally, his ability to switch defensively does up his value (to me at least)

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Is it possible to even offer the 2019 pick? I thought that you could only give away a first round pick every other year. The 2019 pick can only be traded on draft night (I think).

I definitely think Poeltl can be moved. For Love I'd moved Wright, but generally, his ability to switch defensively does up his value (to me at least)
              It is possible to trade the 2019 pick now, has been possible since draft night.

Comment

• Comment

• And.. Randle's rights have been renounced by the Lakers

Comment

• LOL THE WOJ BOMB KEEP COMING!!!!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post

Damn. He's a great player.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• So we have LeBron, Rondo, McGee, Ball and Stephenson all on the same team lol

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          All due respect but do some research. They've invested in the lotto multiple years now and have a core identified for sure including Booker, Jackson and Ayton. I'm not part of the Suns, I'm just telling you how it is.

Its hard to win games with 20 year olds. They've been all in on the youth movement. Not every pick is going to be paydirt. Those three are but they must grow. This is how rebuilding through the draft works.
                          The Suns, in a word, suck. They have been rebuilding for 8 years. Eight !
                          They have finished 10th... 10th... 15th...9th... 10th... 14th...15th and 15th.... Sacto is better than these loogins.
                          They averaged 30 wins a year over that EIGHT YEAR stretch.... and 22 over the last 3 years.

In the last EIGHT YEARS they have had 14 - FOURTEEN first round picks ..
                          10 were in the Lottery (counting there trade for Bridges)...
                          4 in the Top 5 and
                          1 First Overall..

And they still suck.... They stink. They are just plain bad.

There is no "core" for this band of huckleberrrys. You can finish last or second last like this group has for 3 years with or without any single player on that team.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

So we have LeBron, Rondo, McGee, Ball and Stephenson all on the same team lol
                            We?
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              We?
                              Well i meant that we as in the NBA fan audience lol

Comment

Utah is resigning Derrick Favours. No contract details yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                2 Years, 36 mil

Comment

Working...
                                X