Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There’s no strategy at all to compete with this. Like pick any 5 players in the NBA and they may not beat that team.
    Harden/Lebron/Kawhi/Giannis/Anthony Davis....might not beat Golden State.

Comment

• Time for a new sport...the Leafs are looking pretty good now....
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• 92 Dream Team would have trouble beating this Warriors team(assuming Noogie is healtjy).
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          So stupid. $5.3 mil? What a clown show. Im at a loss for words. How much money did cousins leave on the table here?
          At the same time, take a step back - he took a significant pay cut, but he's still making $5.3M to play basketball for a single season - he's not going to be standing on the street corner looking to hitch a ride home after games.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            There’s no strategy at all to compete with this. Like pick any 5 players in the NBA and they may not beat that team.
            Harden/Lebron/Kawhi/Giannis/Anthony Davis....might not beat Golden State.
            well.... lets not go that far..... I would put a few bucks on that lineup having a serious shot at the warriors....

the warriors are like the yankees with stienbrenner..... the evil empire
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
              At the same time, take a step back - he took a significant pay cut, but he's still making $5.3M to play basketball for a single season - he's not going to be standing on the street corner looking to hitch a ride home after games.
              Right but the salary cap/tax was intended in part to prevent stuff like this. I don't know what kind of offers he was getting but surely he could have doubled that, and the warriors wouldn't have been able to sign him. When guys are just jumping on the warriors for mid level exceptions or league minimums how is anybody supposed to compete with any strategy or management skill? I don't care about cousins, he could do what ever he wants. I care about the league not being an absolute snoozefest. 5 of the top 15 players, on one team.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                well.... lets not go that far..... I would put a few bucks on that lineup having a serious shot at the warriors....

the warriors are like the yankees with stienbrenner..... the evil empire
                Oh oh ok nevermind then they are beatable. LeBron just needs to add 4 mvp guys to the Lakers.

Comment

Right but the salary cap/tax was intended in part to prevent stuff like this. I don't know what kind of offers he was getting but surely he could have doubled that, and the warriors wouldn't have been able to sign him. When guys are just jumping on the warriors for mid level exceptions or league minimums how is anybody supposed to compete with any strategy or management skill? I don't care about cousins, he could do what ever he wants. I care about the league not being an absolute snoozefest. 5 of the top 15 players, on one team.
                  That's why I started that other thread - to see if people had ideas as to reinvigorate the league, to prevent the snoozefest.

Comment

Really need to find out what the Pels were offering him... did they even have a deal on the table? Wouldn't be surprised if they were low-balling him and he got insulted and did this out of spite.

Comment

• I don't care what other people say, this is NOT good for the sport. Season is over already, we already know who's going t win the champio ship next seasln.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jesus Christ. Cousins is 27 and he already wants to chase for a ring instead of getting money.

Comment

• This. You can't compare this team to the 90's Bulls. Or Magic's Lakers or Bird's Celtics or Duncan's Spurs. Or even Shaq and Kobe's Lakers. Those teams built their team the RIGHT way.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Are any of these guys even 30 years old yet? Lol 5 world class thoroughbreds, all smack dab in their prime.

The raptors won 59 games last year and warriors have 5 guys better than the best raptor

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              It's damn hard to replicate though. The cap smoothing is what was needed but the PA kibosh'd it. And there won't be another cap boom like it.
                              Indeed but any winning formula is hard to replicate.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                It's actually very fair. They built a winning machine and others want to ride the coatails. Anyone else can do this, there's no rule preventing it, right?

It sucks for us but it's fair.
                                You're actually right, it is fair. Its like if you had a friend who saved money and make some nice investments (draft picks), then kept parlaying the investments and built a megacorporation where the money keeps stacking and stacking.

Other teams can still be mad at that other friend though.

Comment

Working...
                                X