Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cousins thing isn't what's wrong with the league - that can happen anytime. What's wrong is what the Warriors were before he got there.

And yes, I've been advocating hard-cap-no-max since the 2011 CBA negotiations. Obvious fix. Hard part is selling it to the majority of the PA.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      So... what do you think the rotations look like with this somewhat eclectic collection of players...Looks to me like they got 12 signed and room for 3 more.

Centre: JaVale McGee (i)... Ivan Zubic ...
      PF: Kyle Kuzma... Mo Wagner (r)
      SF: Lebron James, Brandon Ingram, Luol Deng
      SG: Kentavious Caldwell Pope, Lance Stephenson (i) , Josh Hart
      PG: Lonzo Ball... Rajon Rondo (i), Alex Carruso

r= rookie
      i= idiot
      Rajon Rondo. LaVar Ball.....Come early. Bring popcorn and a beverage of your choice. Get a good seat. The Laker soap opera will be cant miss this year. Who better than the empathetic team oriented Rondo to help Lonzo learn how to be a pro PG.

Jeff Duncan: My lasting impression of Rondo came in locker room scrum after Anthony Davis had 53 vs. Suns: Me: You’ve played with & against a lot of great players in your career. Can you put into perspective what A.D. is doing right now? Rondo: Whatcha want me to do? Suck him off? Me: Uh. – via Twitter
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Not that any of this seems to matter anymore.. but Avery Bradley is staying with LAC. Signed a 2 year / $25M deal.

Comment

• The most surprising thing of this summer other than the Cousins' signing is how many guys are taking 1 or 2 year deals. I wish that trend started last year before we re-upped Powell.

Comment

• Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              Are some still hoping that this team can do a serious run in the playoffs? They get a major shellacking against Lebron and scrubs....how much more the top 6 teams in the West.

Blow this up, enough of this wanting to add another player. Adding another player means no Shit with two aging players, a flawed Derozan and a bunch of young player neither of them are generational talent.

Even adding Lebron wont beat the Warriors.

Rebuild and STOP GIVING UP FUTURE PICKS FFS
              Because the West is so stacked with talent, the East is not.. so tanking is actually really difficult. There are going to be so many bad/mediocre teams that losing is just going to be really hard. I mean you can try to thin the roster and keep your picks.. but I could still see us drafting in the 10-13 range as opposed to the 3-6 range.

The only short term goal we have is to make it to the finals. I really do believe in this 2 year window that we have. Might as well try to get as good as we can in these 2 years so that we can some how stay ahead of Boston. Philly didn't do anything (they could still get Kawhi I guess, but if they don't they are worse off than last year).

Getting to the Finals and losing in 4 is essentially what all 29 other teams have to face. Nobody is beating GSW next year. And I'm sure they'll find a way to get someone else in 2020 as well to continue to be on top. Houston lost Ariza. Lakers have nobody other than Lebron. Who else is putting up a fight?

I think Love is better than Serge. Actually I think of Serge as a negative.. especially in a system that Nurse is going to want to employ. The 2019 pick should be bad.. like in the high 20's again. Poeltl and Wright are our most expendable prospects. Would prefer to keep Wright since he's a playoff performer but he's 26 already and cannot lead the team.

Ideally I would still ship out DeMar somewhere. But at least Serge for Love would make us better tomorrow. And his deal ends in 2 years too which is what makes it perfect for our scenario.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Not that any of this seems to matter anymore.. but Avery Bradley is staying with LAC. Signed a 2 year / $25M deal.
                Yeah..that would be an interesting proposal to consider...Bradley ..Harris to Tor...DD and Poeltl back to the Clips...but Bradley can’t be traded for a year ...

Given how the Cousins deal is signicantly reshaping the west for a year..at least today....the market for Win now veteran players has to have contracted a lot..Only the Lakers are kind of on the clock with Lebron. Everyone else is going to play the year of course..but making win now moves would seem to me at least to be low priority.

Market for trades in the East should be OK...Everyone is in it and can really take a run at it with a win now player like DD.

It’s bad timing for the Raps for sure as landing spots for Demar seemed to more likely in the west. Just more dance partners. I think circumstances are such that the band comes back largely intact next season. Hoping other wise..but don’t sell your Demar jerseys just yet.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Exactly! The Cousins situation is shitty situation for the NBA but is by no means a trend!
                  LOL. So true. I don't see "Star Players Taking Less Money" as the next big thing in the NBA. Cousins just got caught without a chair when the music stopped and is probably pissed as hell that the Pelicans didn't show him the love he was looking for. Pelicans could have easily locked him up for 5 years at a high salary if they believed in him. Kind of like when the Raps went hard after Derozan.

I can envision Cousins thought process going something like this: if you've got no choice except to take a lot less money and feel disrespected and devalued, then you might as well use that year to win a championship and give the finger to your former team at the same time. And piss off the entire league in the process.

Comment

• yeah if Cousins signed anywhere else for max, people would remember that he had achilles injury and he was a known headcase and lockerroom cancer.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Damn, I was really hoping we would try and nab Bradley. C'mon Masai, let's find a shooter.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Rajon Rondo. LaVar Ball.....Come early. Bring popcorn and a beverage of your choice. Get a good seat. The Laker soap opera will be cant miss this year. Who better than the empathetic team oriented Rondo to help Lonzo learn how to be a pro PG.

Jeff Duncan: My lasting impression of Rondo came in locker room scrum after Anthony Davis had 53 vs. Suns: Me: You’ve played with & against a lot of great players in your career. Can you put into perspective what A.D. is doing right now? Rondo: Whatcha want me to do? Suck him off? Me: Uh. – via Twitter
                        Lakers picking up players that can defend...head cases, but can defend. Going to be a classic Def vs Off battle when Lakers face HOU and GS. Oh, and when they pick up Leonard too...

Comment

• I'd try to see if Amir Johnson wants to come here for the minimum on a 1 year deal. Need someone to replace Bebe's minutes and he loves Toronto.

Comment

• When it comes to Boogie, there's a reason people were afraid to sign him..... does anyone remember the last guy to suffer the same injury as Boogie, have a similar body type/game, and was still able to cash in?

Elton Brand was never the same after 2007/08. Teams are fearful history will repeat itself. That's why he got no offers & it's why the Warriors were able to snag him.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I must have missed this but Mike Scott is heading to LAC. He was a major thorn in Toronto's side. Glad to see him go out West LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X