X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Dan and I were just chatting about his on twitter:

DeRozan, Poeltl, Delon, 2019 1st for Butler and Dieng.

To me, if the Raptors have some assurance Butler can be convinced to stay past this season, that makes a lot of sense for both teams.
    That’s a bit of an over pay, we’re talking about Butler right? Not AD.

I agree, DD and maybe Delon would be good enough.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I don't see why we'd need to send them anything beyond DD straight up.
      I mean, sure, great. But if needed, I would send up to that package (though personally I'd insist on sending them Norm if we take on Dieng).

The trick with DD for Butler is the salaries don't match. They might want to move Tyus Jones (who played a lot less after they got Derrick Rose), and that's just enough salary to match DD. Couldn't send any prospects, but could send a pick. Not sure that's enough value for them though. Once you want to send more, you have to take back more salary too, and after Jones the available pieces immediately leap up to like 15M. If the Raps could convince them to trade Taj (he's expiring after this year) that would work, but they'd probably insist on Dieng.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Realistically speaking, our entire roster wouldn't net us AD I wouldn't think ... Lol

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I agree, DD and maybe Delon would be good enough.
          I think we're underestimating Jimmy a little here.

He's a legitimate, game-changing, top-10 talent in the NBA.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Butler is basically 95% kawhi with a non comparable flight risk
            This is who we should push all in on.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Swapping out DD for Butler would be massive for this team.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Jimmy Butler posted the 4th highest RPM in the league last year; top 20 in BPM, WS and PER; the Wolves swung from a +8 net rating team to a -5 net rating team with versus without him (both their offence and defence plummeted).

He's a superstar, guys. You include what you need to.

That said, to re-sign him, you need to have a competitive team with upside - so Lowry, OG and JV probably have to still be here. Anyone else is negotiable. Can't send a pick past next year though - risk is too high if he bolts.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Jimmy Butler posted the 4th highest RPM in the league last year; top 20 in BPM, WS and PER; the Wolves swung from a +8 net rating team to a -5 net rating team with versus without him (both their offence and defence plummeted).

That said, to re-sign him, you need to have a competitive team with upside - so Lowry, OG and JV probably have to still be here. Anyone else is negotiable. Can't send a pick past next year though - risk is too high if he bolts.
                  To add to this, his multi-year PIPM is 7th in the league, behind only Steph, Chris Paul, KD, Jokic, AD and Harden.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Jimmy Butler posted the 4th highest RPM in the league last year; top 20 in BPM, WS and PER; the Wolves swung from a +8 net rating team to a -5 net rating team with versus without him (both their offence and defence plummeted).

For the record, +8 net rating is Golden State. -5 is Orlando Magic.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      I think we're underestimating Jimmy a little here.

He's a legitimate, game-changing, top-10 talent in the NBA.
                      Derozan is 2nd team all NBA, Butler is 3rd team all NBA. Raptors fans are the only ones who would insist there is a huge disparity between the players.

Comment

Derozan is 2nd team all NBA, Butler is 3rd team all NBA. Raptors fans are the only ones who would insist there is a huge disparity between the players.
                        That said I'd send wright + poeltl + pick package to get him.

Comment

Raptors fans, and people who have ever watched both players play.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Depends which end of the court you're watching. Butler's made 4 All-Defensive (2nd) teams. DeRozan's the worst defensive player in his starting lineup, possibly on his team's entire roster.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• It's not just about getting fair deal sometimes, Raps have to give Wolves better offer than what other teams might offer. It's bidding war.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Circumstances. Not to mention all NBA doesn't really account for defense. Derozan is a top 30 player. Butler is a top 15. Once you're inside the top 30 every leap of 5 is massive. With Lowry and butler we'd have 2 legit top 20 guys, the same thing boston and Philly can boast
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X