This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I still think we need more help. We're kidding ourselves if we don't think boston will improve huge. Kyrie and Hayward are Back, and Tatum could be a year or 2 from on their level or passing them both. They have 4 stars in the starting lineup and a good bench. Sorry demographic, but the Brooklyn trade is reaching its final form.
    They could be better...but how much better is an escoteric discussion on if formed shit is better than diarrhea. Both are just pieces of Boston excrement.

Irving is indeed back...on his opt out contract year and fresh off his third knee operation. No questions about those things so far as the NBA MSM lemmings focus on Kawhi watch but but you can reasonably expect a TMZ like high road approach to both from the media once the season starts. No distractions there.

Haywatch is over. Gord ...who is a good but not a great player ...also comes back from an even more pronounced gruesome leg and ankle injury than Kyrie. Everyone is different and heals differently. Is Gordo more like Paul George or will he be more like Jorge Garbajosa ? One came back..the other was never the same. We shall see in a few months.

If Kawhi watch continues on for the lack of an actual trade ...will the incessant harping on which one or both of the rookies Tatum and Brown will go to the Spurs for Leonard take those kids mind off the game? Danny did trade Thomas after he gave them his soul for a chance to win. Those guys saw that. Maybe they do wonder a bit at the expense of their games.

Boston still..always and forever ...sucks..
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jul 3, 2018, 04:16 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Butler seems more gettable than Kawhi.. but still really not that gettable. Thibs gave away two prospects and a pick swap for him. The return would be similar I would imagine.

I could see Delon and Poeltl as the two prospects. Can give them our 2019 pick (protect the top 1 or 2 just in case). And a contract. Maybe both Miles and Powell? 4 contracts for 1 seems like a lot. Not sure how many contracts the Wolves have and who they can waive or send as ballast. But that's the type of deal I would go for.

DD would be ideal but that's a lot of dough for a guy that plays a similar game to Wiggins. Thibs is a defense first guy and DD does not help there. I'm sure they'd prefer Lowry but he's too important for us.

So our starting roster would be JV/Serge/Butler/DD/Lowry.

Nurse wouldn't be stubborn to use an all bench line up all year.. so can mix and match with Siakam and OG in that line up.

We'd need to get a couple of minimum guys to fill that bench out. Would definitely need a C and a wing that can shoot to replace Bebe/Jakob and Miles.

Butler can't shoot so that would really be something we'd have to find. Not sure who's available for a min deal though.

Comment

• Nobody wanted to touch Boogie with a 10ft pole....

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...chilles-Injury

There were a number of teams who had a "No Cousins" policy before DeMarcus Cousins tore his Achilles and he approached free agency.

The number of teams reluctant to pursue Cousins increased with his injury.

The New Orleans Pelicans could have outbid the Golden State Warriors offer of $5.3 million for one season, but either didn't do so or made an offer that was far less than he was expecting and was turned off in the process.

In May, the Pelicans were already exploring the idea of offering Cousins a two-year deal at well below the max.

Sign-and-trade deals would have been difficult for Cousins as well since they require at least three seasons. Cousins can now become a free agent in 2019 when more teams have cap space and he has a chance to prove he can return to his pre-injury form.

Sources say Cousins were pitching teams on one-year, $15 million deals while other teams were getting pitched on lesser deals.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Butler seems more gettable than Kawhi.. but still really not that gettable. Thibs gave away two prospects and a pick swap for him. The return would be similar I would imagine.

I could see Delon and Poeltl as the two prospects. Can give them our 2019 pick (protect the top 1 or 2 just in case). And a contract. Maybe both Miles and Powell? 4 contracts for 1 seems like a lot. Not sure how many contracts the Wolves have and who they can waive or send as ballast. But that's the type of deal I would go for.

DD would be ideal but that's a lot of dough for a guy that plays a similar game to Wiggins. Thibs is a defense first guy and DD does not help there. I'm sure they'd prefer Lowry but he's too important for us.

So our starting roster would be JV/Serge/Butler/DD/Lowry.

Nurse wouldn't be stubborn to use an all bench line up all year.. so can mix and match with Siakam and OG in that line up.

We'd need to get a couple of minimum guys to fill that bench out. Would definitely need a C and a wing that can shoot to replace Bebe/Jakob and Miles.

Butler can't shoot so that would really be something we'd have to find. Not sure who's available for a min deal though.
            If Butler is inbound, I think DeMar has to be outbound.

Butler has, throughout his career, had issues with playing with guys who don't put in the effort on defense.

That's DeMar.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              If Butler is inbound, I think DeMar has to be outbound.

Butler has, throughout his career, had issues with playing with guys who don't put in the effort on defense.

That's DeMar.
              That's fine.. but I don't see Minny as the team that would want him. I'd try to find a team with a guy who can shoot (a solid 3&D type guy) and move DeMar there.

DeMar is a square peg in the NBA round circle though. Can't really find a place for him. Lakers and Clippers make some sense.. but on the other hand Lakers want cap space for next season and the Clippers are run by "The Logo" and he just gave away Griffin who's a similar player.

Maybe to Orlando for Fournier (a former Masai draft pick) and Ross (bring him back) or Vucevic (they have too much C depth)?

Comment

• Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  "The Meme Team"

Western conference final will be the Looney tunes plus Michael Jordan vs the monstars, as foretold in the space jam chronicles
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Seems like Howard is on a different team every year.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wilson Chandler traded to Philly.. basically for free. Denver saves a lot of tax.. Philly gets an expiring 3&D player.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Wilson Chandler traded to Philly.. basically for free. Denver saves a lot of tax.. Philly gets an expiring 3&D player.
                        Wow. About $50,000,000 in salary and tax savings. No wonder they did that deal.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                          Future picks are excellent assets to keep NOW especially of what just happened in the West.

Two or three years from now, when this team has the massive cap space, these said picks could be valuable trade kicker to close out a major deal in finding complementary players to surround a significant get from free agency.

Why i think its the right time to prepare for 2020. Trade the core and accumulate picks if possible. Doubtful that most bottomdwellers are willing to give up futures as a result of the movement out West. But those still delusional to compete may want a Derozan/ Lowry/ Ibaka
                          Here is the thing: the team is too good to tank. Seriously, I feel the need to stress this: the team ran up 59 wins last season, with mostly young players still finding their footing and some vets who didn't contribute nearly as much as their salaries would dictate (e.g. Ibaka and Miles). They'll probably be even better as a team this year. Trade Ibaka for player(s) who will actually give you $20m worth of wins and the team will probably improve even more.

If you're going for a rebuild, it's because you want a superstar. But you mostly get a superstar by being really bad. Sure, you can accumulate a lot of first-round draft picks, but any competent GM protects first-rounders that they trade away in the event that they become really bad, unless the team is so good that being bad is extremely unlikely. Most superstar players tend to wind up on bad teams who drafted them with their own picks: the only exceptions in recent memory are Giannis (#16 with the Bucks, and that was a big gamble on a very uncertain prospect that paid off) and Jayson Tatum (and this assumes Tatum is a superstar, which - look, he's gonna be a really good player, but is he superstar level? I do not know), who I'll count because he was the result of trading away a #1 overall pick (and only dropping to #3 in any case), which was part of the Brooklyn Nets trade which, as I have said before, is not a duplicable event.

Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons got drafted with the 76ers' own picks. The Wolves drafted Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns with their own picks. The Knicks landed Porzingis with their own pick. Portland drafted Lillard and McCollum with their own picks. New Orleans drafted AD with their own pick. And so on and so forth.

I keep seeing "let's trade Lowry and DeRozan and Ibaka and maybe JV and tank" like you people don't watch the fucking games and weren't hanging out on RR forums or r/torontoraptors or what have you rhapsodizing about the Bench Mob, who were, and I can't believe you've all forgotten this, often better than many teams' starters. And this coming year, they will all be better: Siakam and Wright's shots both got better as the year progressed, OG got better at playmaking, Poeltl's handles got better, etc. Because they play for a team that has a good idea of how to develop players, and they've been developing all along.

You run the Bench Mob out as your starters, sorry to tell you, you're not tanking. You're running a 38-44 win team that will at least contend for a #6-8 seed in the playoffs, and your own draft picks will be mediocre mid-round picks, maybe the bottom of the lottery if you're lucky. That's what "the treadmill" actually used to mean before people here redefined it to mean "winning almost 75% of regular season games but we can't beat the greatest basketball player of all time or a team that has 5/5 All-NBA starters so what's the point."

If you want to tank, you have to trade basically everybody except OG and let him be the star going forward and see if he rises. That team might be bad enough to get a bunch of star-level picks - although it'll be harder now that they've revised the draft lottery odds so the baddest teams are less likely to get the best picks - but the league hated Philly for The Process and Adam Silver won't be happy about seeing a team try it again, to say the least, and why piss people off when it's not even for an especially good reason?

I'm not crazy. I think we have ridiculously long odds to beat the Warriors (or whomever comes out of the West, but really - the Warriors). But if we get a couple of Finals appearances in the next few years, there's a lot worse in basketball than being this generation's Utah Jazz, you know?

Comment

• Philly getting better, Indiana getting better, Boston getting better......

make a fucking move Masai!
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              Philly getting better, Indiana getting better, Boston getting better......

make a fucking move Masai!
                              Philly and Indy had cap space. How did Boston get better?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Philly and Indy had cap space. How did Boston get better?
                                Hayward unbroke his leg and Kyrie unbroke whatever he broke
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X