This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Sure, DeMar's been an awesome face of the organization. Everyone acknowledges that.

I'm just saying a question shouted at someone in the street about their future employment probably isn't the most definitive answer you'll get.
    You're really analyzing that clip? c'mon dude.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      As fans of a team that often doesn’t get a lot of respect league wide, it’s just so satisfying to see a guy who believes in himself and his team, and wants nothing more than to win in Toronto. Loyalty. Not something very common in the league anymore, especially for a team like Toronto.
      Exactly. That's the thing. This should be a cool thing to us, not sure why Barolt is trying to find ways to look at it differently.

It's not like we need his approval to deal him anyways
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DeMar may actually not want to play in LA. Lots of pressure to play in your home town. Friends want hand outs. Family obligations when your thinking about your job (ie, playing well), etc.

But there is also a reason why he says stuff like "I am Toronto". I genuinely think that DeMar likes it here and it's not some marketing gimmick. He would be sad if he had to leave.. but he's also a professional.

Loved Jose as well but didn't really blink an eye when he was traded. Same with Amir. I love that Masai has built a franchise where guys actually want to stick around for once. But I mean Ainge traded Pierce away. Thomas was traded and he was considered a Celtic for Life.. yet we still hear rumours where guys want to go to Boston.

Winning matters more than compassion. And I think we can get better with a DeMar trade not worse. I feel like Orlando is the team to watch for. I really think we could get something done there.

Fournier+Ross or Vucevic (expiring)+pick for DeMar.

Besides it looks like from that video that DeMar was at an amusement park. He could get free Disney World passes for life if he gets traded to the Magic!

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          You're really analyzing that clip? c'mon dude.
          I'm not analyzing the clip! I'm saying the clip is essentially meaningless because of the context.

That's analysis?
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            DeMar may actually not want to play in LA. Lots of pressure to play in your home town. Friends want hand outs. Family obligations when your thinking about your job (ie, playing well), etc.

But there is also a reason why he says stuff like "I am Toronto". I genuinely think that DeMar likes it here and it's not some marketing gimmick. He would be sad if he had to leave.. but he's also a professional.

Loved Jose as well but didn't really blink an eye when he was traded. Same with Amir. I love that Masai has built a franchise where guys actually want to stick around for once. But I mean Ainge traded Pierce away. Thomas was traded and he was considered a Celtic for Life.. yet we still hear rumours where guys want to go to Boston.

Winning matters more than compassion. And I think we can get better with a DeMar trade not worse. I feel like Orlando is the team to watch for. I really think we could get something done there.

Besides it looks like from that video that DeMar was at an amusement park. He could get free Disney World passes for life if he gets traded to the Magic!
            This is his team, his franchise. Grew up here. I made a post already in another thread. Regardless of what all the arm chair GMs think, Demar wants to be part of the championship in Toronto. He doesn't want to go play side kick to Lebron. Believe it or not, not every player in the league to go to California and sniff Lebron and Currys ass all year

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              This is his team, his franchise. Grew up here. I made a post already in another thread. Regardless of what all the arm chair GMs think, Demar wants to be part of the championship in Toronto. He doesn't want to go play side kick to Lebron. Believe it or not, not every player in the league to go to California and sniff Lebron and Currys ass all year
              No that's cool.. but he's really flawed and that's the problem. Amir Johnson absolutely loved playing in Toronto too. How many events was he a part of? He shaved his damn head and put a Raptor claw on it.

We were okay when Amir wasn't resigned because he was a role player and didn't have the impact a guy like DeMar has. But DeMar doesn't have the same type of impact that 20 or so other NBA guys do have as well. And that's the crux of it. DeMar as a human being looks like a great guy. Casey too. But we can't just stick with these guys for life because then we as a team will have a ceiling.

DeMar was awful against the Cavs. He's big time responsible for that sweep. Not the sole reason but a big reason. If he wants to be a Toronto lifer than he needs to perform better when the big lights are on. And he struggles.. and struggles often.

Comment

• This is across the last 3 playoff runs, everyone who played at least 2 of them, +/- per 48 minutes. It's really hard to argue that DeMar isn't the problem in the playoffs.

Comment

DeMar may actually not want to play in LA. Lots of pressure to play in your home town. Friends want hand outs. Family obligations when your thinking about your job (ie, playing well), etc.

I don't disagree with the points you make, just don't like that ORL trade idea. Fournier and Ross are both physically/mentally soft. Vucevic is as well, and I wouldn't want to give him minutes over JV or Poeltl.

If that deal is just about the pick, that's fine, but I don't know what you do with those guys, especially Fournier who is under contract until 2021. Might be better off trying to get them to use some capspace to help make the deal.

Personally, I think I would target Simmons and Birch along with a 1st rounder. Then see how to fill out salaries to match. If you have to take Ross and/or Vuc, try and find a 3rd team to facilitate so those guys don't end up taking up a roster spot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't get it. The 76ers are really more of a superteam than the Lakers. And why would anyone pick the Clippers over the Lakers? somethin is wrong with this dude man.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

No that's cool.. but he's really flawed and that's the problem. Amir Johnson absolutely loved playing in Toronto too. How many events was he a part of? He shaved his damn head and put a Raptor claw on it.

We were okay when Amir wasn't resigned because he was a role player and didn't have the impact a guy like DeMar has. But DeMar doesn't have the same type of impact that 20 or so other NBA guys do have as well. And that's the crux of it. DeMar as a human being looks like a great guy. Casey too. But we can't just stick with these guys for life because then we as a team will have a ceiling.

DeMar was awful against the Cavs. He's big time responsible for that sweep. Not the sole reason but a big reason. If he wants to be a Toronto lifer than he needs to perform better when the big lights are on. And he struggles.. and struggles often.
                      These are 2 separate issues. People can want him traded or moved without being upset or trying to pretend he doesn't want to be here. Him wanting to be here is nothing but positive, and it doesn't change whether or not he's traded

Comment

And that should be enough of a reason to keep him in a Raptors uniform?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I don't get it. The 76ers are really more of a superteam than the Lakers. And why would anyone pick the Clippers over the Lakers? somethin is wrong with this dude man.
                          There are really only a few players in the league good enough to be The Man on their own team, and Kawhi is one of them assuming he is 100% post-rehab (and he either believes that completely or will never be honest about it, and the net effect is the same).

The Lakers have LeBron, a bunch of unproven kids, and a bunch of headcases. LeBron and Kawhi are a playoff force by themselves, no question, but if you're on LeBron's team you are definitively not going to be The Man. (If it had been Kawhi and Paul George, Kawhi would clearly be The Man, since George is a Pippeneseque 1A sort of player.)

The Clippers have Tobias Harris (a great second banana), three definitely good point guards who can all play the two (Patrick Beverley, Avery Bradley and Milos Teodosic), probably the definitive second-unit buckets man in the league (Lou Williams) a couple of promising young bigs (Boban and Montrezl Harrell, who the Clippers still have on Bird rights) and a veteran big to keep them in line (Marcin Gortat). They can put together a decent package for Kawhi (Danilo Ganilari's salary to make the money work, Sam Dekker, and multiple first-rounders including a Detroit first that looks pretty decent). And they're still in LA.

I can see it being tempting.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            And that should be enough of a reason to keep him in a Raptors uniform?
                            Again, to reiterate, I'm not saying I want derozan here forever. Not once. I said it's NICE that he wants to be here. Why anyone would think otherwise on that topic alone is weird.

Comment

• The best take I've seen on the Kawhi rumors is this:

Woj keeps saying that Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers, Shams keeps saying he wants to go elsewhere.

Well, everything leaks for a reason...

What if Kawhi's people are leaking he wants to go to the Lakers, to try to force a trade there, and the Spurs are leaking he wants to go elsewhere, to try to force the Lakers' hand in making better trade offers?

Comment

Again, to reiterate, I'm not saying I want derozan here forever. Not once. I said it's NICE that he wants to be here. Why anyone would think otherwise on that topic alone is weird.
                                Totally agree. That's what makes this a difficult decision. He's out Pierce

Comment

Working...
                                X