X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    The best take I've seen on the Kawhi rumors is this:

Woj keeps saying that Kawhi wants to go to the Lakers, Shams keeps saying he wants to go elsewhere.

Well, everything leaks for a reason...

What if Kawhi's people are leaking he wants to go to the Lakers, to try to force a trade there, and the Spurs are leaking he wants to go elsewhere, to try to force the Lakers' hand in making better trade offers?
    Wake me when it's over. I'm sick of kawhi
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Who ya got?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Who ya got?

why not throw in ben simmons instead of kyrie but i take us

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Wake me when it's over. I'm sick of kawhi
          KaWho?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            KaWho?
            KaWhat? Kawickwickawicka SLIM SHADY

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              KaWhat? Kawickwickawicka SLIM SHADY
              The GOAT
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                The GOAT
                I never woulda dreamed in a million years id see,
                So many motherfuckin people who feel like me

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  The tricky thing is that's the guy paying the bill those next two years as well.
                  Next year is a brand new year. He can dump another salary if he has to. There will be pain for sure either financially or on the court or likely both...

Its stunning that the OKC tax bill could be more than what some teams overall salary structure is.
                  Which kind of makes you think....Is the cap to low if someone is perfectly happy to blow by it and pay the "fine". Somewhere there are storm clouds on the horizon as the next CBA comes closer. Big Revenue Owners vs Small Revenue Owners. Hard cap armeggedon just as the NBA is at its most popular.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• So here we sit… post draft… pretty much past Free Agency…. Starting summer league. The Kawhai saga is dragging on and on. So about ¾ of the way through the off season …Whats changed in the East ?

Boston will start the season as the betting favourites. So far they have drafted a head case at 27 and have to make a decision on Marcus Smart. Its not much of a decision really. Very few teams simply walk away from a 5th overall draft pick for nothing. So the band looks like its back and they are going to get back Gordie for the full year and Kyrie for his usual 60 or so games. Irving is coming off his 3rd knee surgery and Gord off one pretty gruesome leg/ankle break that makes hockey players wince. Hard to see any more changes in Chowdertown.

Los Raptors. So far the Raps have done two thirds of three eigths of the square root of fuck all. Still time to make a move but as the clock ticks on… it looks like Uriri will be bringing the band back. There is some truth to the notion that there is no appetite to trade for a WIN NOW player like DD or Kyle out West with the Warriors making a move to further separate themselves from the pack. With a few teams trying to be bad and no one else needing a win now PG or SG it looks more and more that Ujirii stands pat and hangs it all on Casey.

The Hinkies….So far the Hinks have let walk two veteran outside shooters but fixed that by resigning JJ Reddick and have added a vet in SF/SG Wilson Chandler. They swapped the HR VP’s son in a New York minute for a high upside but equally risky flop in Zhaire Smith. So far he has not developed a season ending injury as the last 12,748 Philly picks have. Philadelphia police have put out an all points bulletin for Markelle Fultz missing jump shot. If you find it please call them immediately.

Indy is one of the few teams in the East to have made a couple of moves. Gone is uber idiot Lance Stevenson and in comes Tyreke Evans and Doug McBuckets to help Olidipo out with some dependable 3 point shooting and stretch the floor a little more. Don’t sleep on these guys. They play hard and are well coached and have added more talent.

The Bucks… the always on the edge of a breakthrough this year for sure Bucks… are still in Milwaukee and also haven’t done to much of anything aside from bringing in a new coach and alumni PF Ersan Illyasova . They got a fireplug in the draft in Divencenzo. Jabari Parker like all RFA’s is still an RFA and like Smart in Chowdertown will be resigned as opposed to losing the overall 2nd pick for bupkis. Like most teams this year in the East… looks like band comes back. Like the Raps they have a new jockey riding the horse.

The Heat…. Yes… well .. They are talking with Dwayne Wade on a tribute deal. Other than that..the trade for Dragic has robbed them of any picks and cap space to do much of anything. Same old in South Beach.

The Knicks… are surprisingly being patient and actually conducting an orderly rebuild. At 9 they picked a running mate for the Zinger up front in Knox. They took a measured chance on Mario Hejzona in free agency and have a still yet to see if he can do it PG in Ntilanka developing. They also resisted Free Agency this year and have kept their cap space for a run at primo FA next year. The Knicks and patient in the same sentence….whodathunkit ?

The Cavs . No need to recap. It’s the dawn of a new era. Leave it at that.

The Wizards dumped Gortat for a first team all NBA dick in Austin Rivers and not content with that locker room faux pas they took on Dwight Howard. Perhaps no one can read in Wizland as Howard has sewered every team he has played for since leaving Orlando. The Lakers.. The Rockets.. The Hawks.. the Wizards. Howard just might kickstart the complete the destruction of the Wizards who will like General Electric break it down into small parts and sell it off starting at the trade deadline.

The Pistons have a new but familiar face in Coach Casey. Say what you want he will get production out of Blake Griffin and Drummond. No picks and no cap room. An uneventful summer for the men from Motown so far.

The Magic also have a new coach in Steve Clifford. He has his work cut out for him. In a league that values three point shooting the Magic ran out of patience with a shooter and slasher in Hezonja and kept the faith with Aaron Gordon who can’t make that shot consistently. Go figure. They also added to the storehouse of multimillion dollar centres by drafting Mo Bamba. Have to think there has to be some movement soon to break that untenable logjam at C. They have the gross national product of Luxembourg tied up at the 5 and they just drafted a guy who needs to play.

The Hornets sport a new coach as well and have traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for some cap relief marginal assets and Timofey Mozgov who has been in witness protection in Brooklyn. With Kemba Walker coming up to his UFA year the Hornets actually drafted his possible successor in Gilgeous Alexander but promptly traded him for a SF and two future second round picks. As good a player as Jordan was he is that bad of an executive. Its hard to tell if Charlotte is tanking or trying to get better.

The Bulls/Hawks are still looking to be ”less competitive” in their second year of the Tank.The Bulls for another year will not remind anyone of the Jordan years … but with Clark and Markkanen they are building and next season when they can use their cap space to chase a free agent and rack up another highish lottery pick they will pull out of their dive. Not looking for anything more from GarPax this year. . The Hawks look to be in a long long rebuild. It starts with Trae Young and they acquired two potential lottery picks in next years deepest draft ever. I am being sarcsttic as it seems every year is the deepest draft ever. Atlanta is a lousy sports town to begin with and with a crappy team its really going to be tough to draw fans. These two teams are the only potential dumping grounds for bad contracts with attached draft choices as fines for bad deals.

The Nets are finally out of purgatory. They added a pro in Ed Davis and dumped a problem in Jahil Okafor. They get their own pick next year. They will have some cap space. Kind of the same old Nets again this year. Its hard not to pull for them to find their way back from the black black hole Billy King put them in.

Its going to be a long long offseason if Ujiri can’t find a dance partner for a move that makes sense for the Raps.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jul 4, 2018, 09:51 PM.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      In theory, sure, Boston should be better. I'd still say with certainty they are much easier to beat than any team with Lebron James. I also doubt the health of Hayward and Irving. Hayward just started running again after 2 surgeries. He may never be the same and may never stay healthy. Irving has never played more than 72 games, and most seasons he's in the 50's. Boston being fully healthy seems more unlikely than not.
                      That's my thinking as well.
                      In addition, if Irving & Hayward get 30+ minutes (as expected), where is that coming from?
                      A: (Likely) a lot of T Rozier's minutes (who was great and may not want to stick around after his contract is up) & again likely less time (and opportunities to grow & develop) for Brown & Tatum.
                      In addition, if I'm Boston, what is incentive to trade some young player (like Tatum or Brown) for Leonard for a chance to get destroyed by GS?
                      I like an earlier comment that it is a lot easier for us to get to finals this year & possibly next. Basically Boston to beat (Im not convinced 76ers nor Bucks are that much of a threat.
                      In the end, it has become a lot easier for us to go to finals (but way more difficult if not imposible to win).

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        I think the Raptors are really trying to hold onto the MLE until they can see if a bigger move can be made, because they might need to shore up a different aspect of their roster afterwords.
                        And/or use some of TPEs.
                        I would hope MLSE would be OK w a 20-40 mil tax bill if we were to go to finals.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          And that should be enough of a reason to keep him in a Raptors uniform?
                          That & a fact that he is easily top 10,15 player (as evident by being voted 2nd team all NBA).

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            why not throw in ben simmons instead of kyrie but i take us
                            And Oledipo can make a case for being ahead of DD.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              And Oledipo can make a case for being ahead of DD.
                              No. Not after 1 season

Comment

• I know making a trade is not easy. But what is killing me is that you don't hear the raptors registering interest in anyone or anything, like they are not even trying, just probably looking at cast offs to round out the roster on minimum deals.

Blah Blah Blah the raptors don't leak, we've been hearing that for 5 years, but you know what, the other side always leaks if only to drive up the price.

we're not hearing anything, they must not be doing much.

Comment

Working...
                                X