Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Lopez signs with the Bucks for the team's Bi-Annual Exception (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      Robin Lopez signs with the Bucks for the team's Bi-Annual Exception (not that there's anything wrong with that)
      Brook not Robin.. and it's a great signing in my opinion.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Did Kemba resign with Charlotte?
        Kemba's not a free agent.. but will be a UFA next year. If Charlotte's rebuilding now's the time to try and get an asset for their lone all-star. On the other hand they just signed Tony Parker, so who knows what direction they are taking.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Kawhi is not worth it to the Raptors. To land him they'd need another superstar in the mix or confidence that Kawhi would resign despite that.
          Assuming Kawhi doesn't resign the benefit is we get some cap space.. and out from DD's contract one year early. Depending on the prospects it might be a negligible loss. I don't think Poeltl has high value.. and Wright is an RFA so he might not have a high value either depending on his price tag next summer.

The benefit is we get a top 5 player in the league.

Comment

• Oh I get it. I just think it's a bad move. There are more practical plays available.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Kemba's not a free agent.. but will be a UFA next year. If Charlotte's rebuilding now's the time to try and get an asset for their lone all-star. On the other hand they just signed Tony Parker, so who knows what direction they are taking.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Raptors need to sign Kyle Anderson ASAP

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  Raptors need to sign Kyle Anderson ASAP
                  Grizzlies already signed him to an offer sheet. Spurs haven't matched yet.
                  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...phis-grizzlies

Comment

• If we were going to somehow try to sign a restricted free agent power forward, Jabari Parker and Montrezl Harrell are both better options than Slo-Mo anyway.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                      I know making a trade is not easy. But what is killing me is that you don't hear the raptors registering interest in anyone or anything, like they are not even trying, just probably looking at cast offs to round out the roster on minimum deals.

Blah Blah Blah the raptors don't leak, we've been hearing that for 5 years, but you know what, the other side always leaks if only to drive up the price.

we're not hearing anything, they must not be doing much.
                      Are we desperate to tear down/change 59 win team?
                      A team that is bringing back 11 top rotation players.

Comment

• If we are going to take the next step it will have to be OG, Siakam or one of our young core taking a giant leap in the offseason. It sounds like everyone is working hard, but we need a DD type rise out of one of these guys.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          If we are going to take the next step it will have to be OG, Siakam or one of our young core taking a giant leap in the offseason. It sounds like everyone is working hard, but we need a DD type rise out of one of these guys.
                          The difference though is that DD is a leader on this team and was expected to be our best player. I don't see a role player providing that sort of impact.

Also one of the things I'm curious to see is if the turnover in coaching staff has any impact on player development.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Grizzlies already signed him to an offer sheet. Spurs haven't matched yet.
                            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...phis-grizzlies
                            Spurs declined to match https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...772465664?s=19
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• So Raptors as a possible destination for Leonard is actually being talked about outside of the forum. That's nice to hear. Something to get excited about.

Comment

With zero cap space right now... .curious how you would outline how the Raps find the required space to do that. I suppose they could stretch Lowry and Derozan to start...what else makes this happen?

Raps at 135m ..cap is approx 100 m....how do you propose the raps shed 45 m in salary to be able to make an offer..”right now” ....
                                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jul 9, 2018, 10:04 AM.
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X