This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I would only trade for Kawhi on the condition that he immediately sign a max extension.
    That definitely 100% won't happen. He can get a lot more money re-signing with Bird Rights than he can signing an extension. So it would literally never happen.

Best Kawhi could reasonably offer is an assurance that he currently intends to re-sign next summer.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned, there are two reasons the odds move like this:

1) A lot of pro-Raptors bets being laid down that moves the odds drastically.

2) People know stuff they can't publicly say, and Vegas is good enough at reading the tea leaves to move the odds.

Both are very possible.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        As far as I'm concerned, there are two reasons the odds move like this:

1) A lot of pro-Raptors bets being laid down that moves the odds drastically.

2) People know stuff they can't publicly say, and Vegas is good enough at reading the tea leaves to move the odds.

Both are very possible.
        You're bordering on irresponsibly playing with my feelings

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          You're bordering on irresponsibly playing with my feelings
          Well, I'll say this...

From what I know, betting on where free agents land isn't exactly a huge betting market, so the odds of overnight bets coming in that move the odds from +400 to EVEN, which is a pretty large move, seems pretty unlikely to me.

Comment

• These Vegas bookies who are historically spot on are making my heart rate beat so fast. Though Woj’s defeaning silence is making me throw up like my stomach is churning like never before.

Masai make it happen please.

Like waiting for Mueller’s investigation

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
              These Vegas bookies who are historically spot on are making my heart rate beat so fast. Though Woj’s defeaning silence is making me throw up like my stomach is churning like never before.

Masai make it happen please.

Like waiting for Mueller’s investigation
              When Woj tweets, you’ll know its a sure thing.

Comment

• The other thing, the more I think about this...

If the bookies were just trying to draw out bets, they wouldn't move the odds to even. No one bets at even, it's not a good way to make money.

They'd move the odds to +100 or +200, to signify movement but also keep it looked like a positive bet.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Correct.

If we assume the trade is DD plus Poeltl plus Wright plus our 1st, and that JV will opt in to his player option next year, and that we don't pick up Richardson's team option, and that Kawhi walks, we still have $108.5M committed to the remaining roster. The cap is projected at $109M.
                  Oh gosh... good to know this now and not after we get Kawhi this weekend.

Comment

• The Odds are really screwing with my mind. What the hell is happening???

This is so un-raptor like. We're never ever in the conversation.

Comment

• Someone pointed out on twitter: This is very similar to what things looked like right before the Iverson to Denver trade, which Masai was the architect of.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        When Woj tweets, you’ll know its a sure thing.
                        Respect Woj for making sure he preserves his reputation and accuracy of his insider’s information.

When he is silent its like sitting on a picnic chair out in the open waiting for the Mid West tornado to hit.

Comment

• Is this really happening?

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            Is this really happening?
                            Nothing has happened just yet, we are just a bunch of storm chasers

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Someone pointed out on twitter: This is very similar to what things looked like right before the Iverson to Denver trade, which Masai was the architect of.
                              You’re screwing with everyone’s emotions lol

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Nothing has happened just yet, we are just a bunch of storm chasers
                                Yes, I never thought this was serious but the bookies aren’t going to make us an EVEN bet unless it really is likely to happen. Now it’s starting to feel like it’s happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X