Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone worked up about the trade today? What changed? Just the Vegas odds?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Someone pointed out on twitter: This is very similar to what things looked like right before the Iverson to Denver trade, which Masai was the architect of.
      Iverson went to Denver in 2006. Masai was the GM of the Nuggets in 2010.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Iverson went to Denver in 2006. Masai was the GM of the Nuggets in 2010.
        You're right, I should've looked at that one closer.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• So rumblings that the 76ers are looking to pouch RC Buford from San Antonio to be their GM. Wonder if that nixed any potential Kawhi to Philly deal.. thus lowering their odds of acquiring him.

Wasn't Philly the only other (non LA) team that Kawhi might see him self resigning with? Seems strange that Philly has worse odds than Toronto in acquiring him.

Comment

So rumblings that the 76ers are looking to pouch RC Buford from San Antonio to be their GM. Wonder if that nixed any potential Kawhi to Philly deal.. thus lowering their odds of acquiring him.

Wasn't Philly the only other (non LA) team that Kawhi might see him self resigning with? Seems strange that Philly has worse odds than Toronto in acquiring him.
            Clearly, the bookmakers think Sixer fans are much less likely to place ridiculous bets on this.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

So rumblings that the 76ers are looking to pouch RC Buford from San Antonio to be their GM. Wonder if that nixed any potential Kawhi to Philly deal.. thus lowering their odds of acquiring him.

I think for Philly it is because they would struggle to put together a very attractive package this summer, so it ignores the re-signing angle.

They won't deal Embiid or Simmons. Fultz is damaged until proven otherwise. A deal centered on Saric and Covington is nice but hardly spectacular. A DeMar plus pieces deal could give them better short and long term value than that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://tradenba.com/trades/Hkd_E7SmQ

Comment

Here's a point I just made on twitter:

The other 3 big contenders for Kawhi, the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers, all have reasons not to trade for a potential rental. They have long futures with their cores.

The Raptors are two years away from a reset button right now anyways. A rental carries less risk for them, so they can afford to make a bigger offer.

Comment

• A lot of rumored reports so far (like this one) include one piece too many for Toronto, imho. DeRozan + OG + Poeltl + future pick.

MU's patient. If they're trying to make him overpay, he'll just wait.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Here's a point I just made on twitter:

The other 3 big contenders for Kawhi, the Lakers, Celtics and Sixers, all have reasons not to trade for a potential rental. They have long futures with their cores.

The Raptors are two years away from a reset button right now anyways. A rental carries less risk for them, so they can afford to make a bigger offer.
                      The Raptors I guess are the best "win now" team that needs to be shaken up a bit. So I get that. Just all the rumours were pointing to a Philly/Kawhi hookup. Like everywhere I looked it was about Philly and what San Antonio was looking for from them. And now the odds are showing Toronto to be the favourite. Just found that puzzling.

Comment

The Raptors I guess are the best "win now" team that needs to be shaken up a bit. So I get that. Just all the rumours were pointing to a Philly/Kawhi hookup. Like everywhere I looked it was about Philly and what San Antonio was looking for from them. And now the odds are showing Toronto to be the favourite. Just found that puzzling.
                        Philly's also in the bizarre situation of not having a GM, which might be screwing things up a little.

Man, if Colangelo was still there, the odds he'd overpay for Kawhi are like 1000% Thanks, Ringer!
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Philly's also in the bizarre situation of not having a GM, which might be screwing things up a little.

Man, if Colangelo was still there, the odds he'd overpay for Kawhi are like 1000% Thanks, Ringer!
                          This is hilariously true. Boston's media and Bryan Colangelo might end up being the reason why the Raptors get Kawhi.

Comment

• Could be a tactic by the Spurs to make the other teams up their ante.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Could be a tactic by the Spurs to make the other teams up their ante.
                              What is, the Raptors chatter?

It's not nearly as high as the asking price they supposedly gave LAL. Not sure how good it is for driving up bids.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I'm not going to believe for a second that Kawhi will play for us until I see him wearing a Raptors jersey lol
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X