This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    That’s not untouchable. Untouchable is you only trade for Giannis AD or Embiid. That’s it. Even then, you might not because of the durability of the latter two.
    Every team has an untouchable player. Even bad teams. Untouchable really means it would take a lot to trade for that certain player.

Pretty sure Devin Booker is untouchable. Porzingis, Towns, Doncic etc. etc..
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DeRozan is untouchable as far as I'm concerned for culture reasons.

The following are list of assets that I would put on the table

Everyone else, and several picks both 1st and 2nd rounders.

I think it says something about team culture to commit to someone that has the desire to stick to one team through thick and thin.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        DeRozan is untouchable as far as I'm concerned for culture reasons.

The following are list of assets that I would put on the table

Everyone else, and several picks both 1st and 2nd rounders.

I think it says something about team culture to commit to someone that has the desire to stick to one team through thick and thin.
        I love everything about Demar’s character, but consistently choking in the playoffs isn’t part of the culture we’re trying to build here. If it was, Casey would still be here. Demar is far from untouchable.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Plus, the idea of a Lowry/Fred/OG/Kawhi/Jonas lineup to close games is incredibly exciting.
          Damn. This lineup would feature:

--Even dose of speed/paint penetration (FVV and Lowry), baseline cutting/explosiviness (OG) and postup play with elite screen setting and rebounding from a guy coming off the best year of his career, under a new coach that would know how to use him (JV).
          --An average 3FG% of 38.7% between the 5 players, the player with the lowest 3P% being Lowry (!) at 37%
          --An all star, a 6MOTY canditate, and an MVP caliber player
          --A scrappy, fast, tenacious backcourt including one of the league leaders in charges taken
          --One of the strongest wing defender combos in the league (if not the strongest) in Leonard + OG

The stuff championships are made of.

The only thing I don't like about this lineup is having to look at it knowing that it may never come to life, but man, just looking at it...

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
            Damn. This lineup would feature:

--Even dose of speed/paint penetration (FVV and Lowry), baseline cutting/explosiviness (OG) and postup play with elite screen setting and rebounding from a guy coming off the best year of his career, under a new coach that would know how to use him (JV).
            --An average 3FG% of 38.7% between the 5 players, the player with the lowest 3P% being Lowry (!) at 37%
            --An all star, a 6MOTY canditate, and an MVP caliber player
            --A scrappy, fast, tenacious backcourt including one of the league leaders in charges taken
            --One of the strongest wing defender combos in the league (if not the strongest) in Leonard + OG

The stuff championships are made of.

The only thing I don't like about this lineup is having to look at it knowing that it may never come to life, but man, just looking at it...
            Really small backcourt, though. Guarding Steph and Klay could be a problem, they’d shoot right over Kyle and Fred.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              I love everything about Demar’s character, but consistently choking in the playoffs isn’t part of the culture we’re trying to build here. If it was, Casey would still be here. Demar is far from untouchable.
              Thoughts on playoff Kyle?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                This year, Kyle was finally.... okay. At least not horrific like Demar was against the Cavs. With Kawhi as the clear alpha and the depth we have, okay is all we’d need from Kyle. The rest seemed to have really helped him, but I worry that Nurse is going to mess that up to pad regular season wins under his belt as a newbie coach.

Comment

Playoff Kyle is a myth that doesn't actually exist, and is mostly built on people lumping Kyle and DeMar together.

He's had some bad moments in the playoffs, but has been mostly good, and has been the driver of the Raptors' postseason success by and large.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Really small backcourt, though. Guarding Steph and Klay could be a problem, they’d shoot right over Kyle and Fred.
                    There would be other options, though.

Comment

He had a PER of 20 and TS% of .659in the playoffs, he's good.

Comment

It's not a lineup that has to play every minute, it's just a group you can use with Kawhi/without DeMar that would be fantastic when you did use them.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Guarding Steph and Klay is always a problem, for every team and player in the league. If that's the biggest of the concerns and we're swapping Derozan's perimeter defence to Fred's, I'll take it.

Comment

It's not a lineup that has to play every minute, it's just a group you can use with Kawhi/without DeMar that would be fantastic when you did use them.
                            If the only young pieces we give up are Delon and Poeltl, we would still have Fred, Norm, Miles, Siakam and Ibaka as options to round out units.

I think in general, I'd hope to see Lowry-Kawhi-OG-JV out there most nights to close. JV might have to sit if he's having a bad night or is in a really bad matchup. OG might need to sit since he's still young and will probably still have some tough nights.

If Norm rediscovers himself, he is a great two-way player to add to that unit.

If you really need a shooter, Miles is the obvious choice.

If you want to go big and defensive, throw Siakam out there and see how much it can disrupt the other team to have him, OG and Kawhi manning up against their best scorers.

I'm also hoping that if Nurse can further improve the changes to our offensive system, we will see two PG lineups a bit less. I have no problem with them in general, but Casey used them as a crutch too much. That way we won't put Fred/Lowry into matchups where they can get exposed as much. Especially if we'll continue to see switching. I hated it last year at times, because Siakam would switch with Fred...and sure, Siakam can guard a perimeter guy, but then Fred would have a big forward take him down low. Have to consider both matchups in a switch, and I feel like the players/coaches failed to recognize that enough last year.
                            Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jul 12, 2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Sure, when you swap out a guy who was unplayable for a playoff MVP, I’d expect good things to happen.

Comment

Playoff Kyle is a myth that doesn't actually exist, and is mostly built on people lumping Kyle and DeMar together.

He's had some bad moments in the playoffs, but has been mostly good, and has been the driver of the Raptors' postseason success by and large.
                                Lowry’s play dropping off from the regular season to the playoffs has been very real. Even worse when you look at game to game consistency. This year was much, much better, but that’s relative to how bad he’s been before that.

Comment

Working...
                                X